England Fans In England

alfieconn

A friend just posted this on facebook.....The police are going around pubs and clubs saying we can't wear our England tops for the footie and we have to take flags down as it up settin the people that dont come from here. Now im not rasist but this is takin the fukin piss.This is our country and we need to make a stand, if you or they dont like it Fuk Off.

:)

Looks like we'll have to go out as casuals then chaps.

I had a feeling you'd show today... :D

Playes well last nigth i thought, had it on a Stream..

HUGE Chav problem you have though ( Pitch Invasion )... :D

Not sure if about the same incident but I read of a woman, grandmother of course - got to go for the sympathy vote, who covered her house in England flags and draped a string of them across the street. The only flags taken down were the ones across the road as they were on public property.

But it's much more fun to read and believe what's in the gutter press.

Anyway, why should English people who've turned their back on the country and, to a large extent, miss no chance to slag it off worry about what's going down there? If you were that bothered you'd be back there leading the "troops".

Not sure if about the same incident but I read of a woman, grandmother of course - got to go for the sympathy vote, who covered her house in England flags and draped a string of them across the street. The only flags taken down were the ones across the road as they were on public property.

Anyway, why should English people who've turned their back on the country and, to a large extent, miss no chance to slag it off worry about what's going down there? If you were that bothered you'd be back there leading the "troops".

Where have i slagged off England and where have i said that i was bothered :) .

Edited by alfieconn

For some i'm sure Phillip, it's ridiculousness like the subject of this Thread which plays a part in why some Emigrated from the Country in the first place so <deleted> are you to tell people that they shouldn't be that bothered about what goes on there ??

Are you English ??

Do you have experience of England & many of the pathetic " Politically Correct " policies implemented on the Country by the recently ousted Goverment ??

This Thread is gonna go one way quickly mainly because of people like you who don't seem to have any interest in Football ( as you barely comment in this Forum ), yet you comment & have a dig at the Country where i'm from & generations of my Family are from & who both of my Grandad's fought World War's for, whenever you get the chance...

I personally don't give a <deleted> whether people can or can not wear England Shirts if i'm honest, i find it pathetic that they can't as much as i find pathetic a multitude of other things in the Country & this can just be added to the list but to give it the old " if you're so bothered why aren't you back there rallying the troops " is utter nonsense as you haven't the first clue of people's circumstances & situations. :)

But that's the beauty of a Public Forum i guess & opinions, which are like <deleted>, because everyone has one.. :D

as far as i'm aware absolutely nowhere in england has 'banned' the wearing of england football shirts during the world cup from a law enforcement level. individual bars or pubs might but that's their choice.

this <deleted> always comes out when a tournament comes around and it's always driven by right wing press and media. there's usually absolutely no truth in it.

as far as i'm aware absolutely nowhere in england has 'banned' the wearing of england football shirts during the world cup from a law enforcement level. individual bars or pubs might but that's their choice.

this <deleted> always comes out when a tournament comes around and it's always driven by right wing press and media. there's usually absolutely no truth in it.

If your not aware of it Stevie then it can't be true :):D .

If your not aware of it Stevie then it can't be true :):D .

nah, pisses me off this shit alfie, every world cup and euros it gets trotted out either by the s*n or the daily hatemail.

"england's patriotic and fanatical supporters have been banned from wearing the three lions and supporting our boys in pubs across the lands for fear of offending minorities". offending who? muslims? in pubs? they don't even fuc_king drink for christ's sake.

it's right wing hate policy pure and simple dressed up in a flag of patriotism and many people believe the stories because they want to, not because they're true. can't stand it.

taking into account the remarks by stevieH, alfieconn, phil harries and M Singh.

sorry to go off topic a bit, but isnt this much a long the same lines of the kind of crap that people are subject to when it comes to celebrating christmas back in the u.k. not aloud to do this in case it offends someone. shouldnt do that because its unfair to certain fractions of society because they arent allowed the same treatment when it comes to their religious beliefs and customs.

as you well know stevieH from a few times we have crossed on this forum before, and for those of you that dont, i come from wembley the so called home of english football! what a lot of people dont know though is that it is located in the wonderful multicultural london borough of "Brent" and believe me having spent my childhood there going to school and having to pay council tax in the early part of my working life. you couldnt get a more help bent borough run by a load of lefty loonies bending over backwards as to not to offend and going all out on the p.c. front.

apologies for going off topic again. what do they always say,"shouldnt mix politics with sport"

btw, agree with your post 100% singh!

p.s can you imagine the reaction back home, if we were to go a long the same lines as what the french government are doing wright now and ban the wearing of the burka.

Edited by tigerfish

nah, pisses me off this shit alfie, every world cup and euros it gets trotted out either by the s*n or the daily hatemail.

"england's patriotic and fanatical supporters have been banned from wearing the three lions and supporting our boys in pubs across the lands for fear of offending minorities". offending who? muslims? in pubs? they don't even fuc_king drink for christ's sake.

it's right wing hate policy pure and simple dressed up in a flag of patriotism and many people believe the stories because they want to, not because they're true. can't stand it.

Aye, I have to agree with that. I know folk who work on The Sun and they do this kind of thing on purpose. Does anyone remember the whole Red Arrows banned story they ran a few years ago-

THE Red Arrows have been banned from performing at the 2012 London Olympics as they are too BRITISH.

Barmy organisers claim the popular RAF display team’s military background “might offend other nations”.

The decision has left pilots, who were set to perform their best-ever display at the opening ceremony, in a state of outrage.

One said yesterday: “We have been simply blown away by this decision.

“For years we have talked about performing a display at the Olympic Games and how magnificent it would be.

“It never crossed our mind we would be banned from the event.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/...e#ixzz0oSGbyiWY

A petition was whipped up, nearly 90,000 people signed... the thing is, it was all total <deleted>. Made up from the start. Even the Red Arrows trashed the story as "complete rubbish". But The Sun do this on purpose- whip a scandal- watch how more people link to the story and discuss- it's all designed to increased sales and publicity. Mind you, the Daily Express was worse- a journalist there told me how they had to have a Diana story every Monday, as sales dipped after the weekend and they needed something to make people buy the paper, so they'd have to come up with increasingly torturous Diana-related stories, usually old facts or made up facts, spun and dressed up 'breaking news'.

20070403_express-diana2.jpg

Anyway, happily nobody has banned people from wearing England tops. Although, frankly, unless they're going to sport the nifty 1982 World Cup version, I reckon they should. Not that I'd know about World Cups anymore, being Scottish... :)

'

Acceptable Attire

World Cup 1950 Final Tournament

24 June - 16 July in Brazil

WC1950EngArrive.jpg

Captain Billy Wright took the microphone as confident England, hailed in the Brazilian press as "the kings of football," arrived for their first World Cup final tournament.

They had never before played competitive football outside the British Championship, and they failed their first foreign test.

A shocking loss to the U.S.A. sent them home early.

More here :

http://www.englandfootballonline.com/CmpWC...C1950Squad.html

:)

Looks like we'll have to go out as casuals then chaps.

I had a feeling you'd show today... :D

Playes well last nigth i thought, had it on a Stream..

HUGE Chav problem you have though ( Pitch Invasion )... :D

I was at the Leyton Orient home game, and I must admit it was a tad embarrasing. About as much class as school at songkran.

I recall the days when a burberry raincoat was the mark of a gentleman about town. Not so anymore, old chap.

more on this load of fictitious b*llocks.

Driver orders toddler off bus for wearing 'offensive' England football shirt

By FAY SCHLESINGER

Last updated at 4:50 PM on 24th May 2010

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12...ball-shirt.html

A toddler was ordered off a bus because the foreign driver was 'offended' by his England football T-shirt, his mother has claimed.

Sam Fardon, 27, was allegedly told to get off the service with her sons Dylan, two, and 10-week-old Adam as they made their way to a childcare group.

The unnamed driver, who had a Polish or Eastern European accent, said Dylan's white England shirt was 'offensive' and he threatened to turf the family out on the street.

But he faced a torrent of anger from incredulous passengers, and minutes later backed down and allowed the family to board.

The bus company has launched an investigation.

Miss Fardon, who also has a ten-year-old step-son, from Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, said: 'He (the driver) said: "He won't be wearing that during the World Cup, will he?"

'I said Dylan would and the bus driver said: "I find that really offensive. You should dress your family in less offensive clothes."

'I was completely gobsmacked. He said we'd have to get off the bus but I argued with him and other passengers backed me up, so he let us on.

'I think it's disgraceful. I had baby Adam with me as well, but luckily he wasn't wearing his England baby-grow.

'I just think because of the nationality of the driver and Dylan being so young, he picked on him because he couldn't answer back.'

Miss Fardon's partner Chris Hall, a taxi driver, was so angry he defiantly bought England strips for all the children.

Mr Hall, 55, said: 'It's just showing support for your country during a World Cup - there's nothing offensive about it. I will have England flags on my taxi.'

Selwyn Brown, of North Staffordshire bus users group Aces, said: 'It's unbelievable. Assuming it's true, the bus driver is to be condemned.

'Not just because there's nothing wrong with wearing an England shirt, but that it was a little child. It's totally ludicrous.'

First Bus said it is investigating Miss Fardon's complaint, which was made after she caught the 34A service from Newcastle Bus Station, in Stoke-on-Trent, at 9am last Thursday.

Spokesman Paul De Santis said: 'We are fully supporting England's World Cup campaign and will be putting supporting material in all our buses.

'No one should have to accept those sorts of comments, certainly none of our customers.'

Last month the Metropolitan Police suggested that some pubs ban customers from wearing England shirts during screenings of this summer's World Cup matches to stop the risk of violence.

But one fan said: 'We often hear of a loss of pride in Britain, and now police want to ban the England shirt. It's like saying anyone who wears one is a yob.'

and the response from firstbus group which will not see the light of day in the mail.

England Shirt Issue Statement

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/northwest/...1081&show=1

Following an alleged incident involving our service and the refusal of a young passenger wearing an England shirt, the following statement has been issued to the media. Paul De Santis, Commercial Director for First said: "The claim made about one of our drivers' behaviour is a very serious one and we have been in touch with this woman several times to try to establish what actually happened.

"We have carried out a full investigation and can't find any evidence to substantiate this claim. No driver fitting the description given was working on any routes in this area at that time. Our buses were busy around the time yet no one else has been in touch with us about this alleged incident.

"We expect the highest level of professionalism from our drivers and such an act would not be tolerated. However, in this instance it now appears that no such incident took place.

"Far from banning England shirts on our buses First is fully supportive of England's World Cup campaign and we are, in fact, currently fitting good luck banners featuring England flags on all our buses in England."

offending who? muslims? in pubs? they don't even fuc_king drink for christ's sake.

Yeah, right. Stevie, I am in London this week and believe me, the pubs here are full of them. I was talking and drinking with quite a few of them (from various countries) last night. :) Also, try the business longes in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Doha etc, etc.

offending who? muslims? in pubs? they don't even fuc_king drink for christ's sake.

Yeah, right. Stevie, I am in London this week and believe me, the pubs here are full of them. I was talking and drinking with quite a few of them (from various countries) last night. :) Also, try the business longes in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Doha etc, etc.

it was in the paper but it wont happen as everyone will go against it,and its so stupid as this is england so why cant we wear it.

more on this load of fictitious b*llocks.

Driver orders toddler off bus for wearing 'offensive' England football shirt

By FAY SCHLESINGER

Last updated at 4:50 PM on 24th May 2010

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12...ball-shirt.html

A toddler was ordered off a bus because the foreign driver was 'offended' by his England football T-shirt, his mother has claimed.

Sam Fardon, 27, was allegedly told to get off the service with her sons Dylan, two, and 10-week-old Adam as they made their way to a childcare group.

The unnamed driver, who had a Polish or Eastern European accent, said Dylan's white England shirt was 'offensive' and he threatened to turf the family out on the street.

But he faced a torrent of anger from incredulous passengers, and minutes later backed down and allowed the family to board.

The bus company has launched an investigation.

Miss Fardon, who also has a ten-year-old step-son, from Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, said: 'He (the driver) said: "He won't be wearing that during the World Cup, will he?"

'I said Dylan would and the bus driver said: "I find that really offensive. You should dress your family in less offensive clothes."

'I was completely gobsmacked. He said we'd have to get off the bus but I argued with him and other passengers backed me up, so he let us on.

'I think it's disgraceful. I had baby Adam with me as well, but luckily he wasn't wearing his England baby-grow.

'I just think because of the nationality of the driver and Dylan being so young, he picked on him because he couldn't answer back.'

Miss Fardon's partner Chris Hall, a taxi driver, was so angry he defiantly bought England strips for all the children.

Mr Hall, 55, said: 'It's just showing support for your country during a World Cup - there's nothing offensive about it. I will have England flags on my taxi.'

Selwyn Brown, of North Staffordshire bus users group Aces, said: 'It's unbelievable. Assuming it's true, the bus driver is to be condemned.

'Not just because there's nothing wrong with wearing an England shirt, but that it was a little child. It's totally ludicrous.'

First Bus said it is investigating Miss Fardon's complaint, which was made after she caught the 34A service from Newcastle Bus Station, in Stoke-on-Trent, at 9am last Thursday.

Spokesman Paul De Santis said: 'We are fully supporting England's World Cup campaign and will be putting supporting material in all our buses.

'No one should have to accept those sorts of comments, certainly none of our customers.'

Last month the Metropolitan Police suggested that some pubs ban customers from wearing England shirts during screenings of this summer's World Cup matches to stop the risk of violence.

But one fan said: 'We often hear of a loss of pride in Britain, and now police want to ban the England shirt. It's like saying anyone who wears one is a yob.'

and the response from firstbus group which will not see the light of day in the mail.

England Shirt Issue Statement

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/northwest/...1081&show=1

Following an alleged incident involving our service and the refusal of a young passenger wearing an England shirt, the following statement has been issued to the media. Paul De Santis, Commercial Director for First said: "The claim made about one of our drivers' behaviour is a very serious one and we have been in touch with this woman several times to try to establish what actually happened.

"We have carried out a full investigation and can't find any evidence to substantiate this claim. No driver fitting the description given was working on any routes in this area at that time. Our buses were busy around the time yet no one else has been in touch with us about this alleged incident.

"We expect the highest level of professionalism from our drivers and such an act would not be tolerated. However, in this instance it now appears that no such incident took place.

"Far from banning England shirts on our buses First is fully supportive of England's World Cup campaign and we are, in fact, currently fitting good luck banners featuring England flags on all our buses in England."

Controversial stories in the Gutter Press are meant for a purpose:

Its all designed to sell Newspapers,and to wind up the Public to get at the Government in Power.

Politicians dont waste their time replying as often as not, unless its a personal attack,or they dont read biased Tabloids.

If they did they would spend all their time on stupid litigation,costing the tax payer huge amounts.

They also need the Political support of the Press,who have the power to make or break them,if they so choose.

Sloppy Journalists who write the story before verifing the facts,as the above story suggests.

The more these outrageous stories are passed around the more inaccurate they become.

Another story awhile back was that the Union Jack or the Flag of St George was not allowed to be used in case it upset

ethnic minorities,but I see plenty of them permanently on peoples Garden Flagpoles on a daily basis.

Another load of Bellhooks!

it was in the paper but it wont happen as everyone will go against it,and its so stupid as this is england so why cant we wear it.

nobody has told anybody that they can't wear england football shirts during the world cup. stop being thick.

Controversial stories in the Gutter Press are meant for a purpose:

Its all designed to sell Newspapers,and to wind up the Public to get at the Government in Power.

Politicians dont waste their time replying as often as not, unless its a personal attack,or they dont read biased Tabloids.

If they did they would spend all their time on stupid litigation,costing the tax payer huge amounts.

They also need the Political support of the Press,who have the power to make or break them,if they so choose.

Sloppy Journalists who write the story before verifing the facts,as the above story suggests.

The more these outrageous stories are passed around the more inaccurate they become.

Another story awhile back was that the Union Jack or the Flag of St George was not allowed to be used in case it upset

ethnic minorities,but I see plenty of them permanently on peoples Garden Flagpoles on a daily basis.

Another load of Bellhooks!

it's not really that in this case though, the right wing press just got the british prime minister they wanted. rupert murdoch won, as he usually does.

this story about the fictitious banning of england shirts was invented by the s*n and the daily hatemail has now picked up the ball and run with it. it's designed for one purpose only, to generate hatred against ethnic minorities, not a single one of whom has actually 'complained' about the wearing of england shirts or the flying of george crosses. it's pretty sick to be honest.