Bangkok: Central World Shopping Mall Destroyed By Fire

webfact

It's a scandal.

I can't understand how people can be that disrespectful and I hope the majority of Thai will hit them back after they will have realized what has and maybe will happen!

It's everywhere the same Slum peaple can do anything tey want, because they don't have anything, and they never be successfull in their life, so in any way they not worry, because they have nothing to lose. Similar as "greenies" bashing SUVs in Europe.

Edited by stingray

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah and then? Who in their right mind will spend da big cash here anymore?? Thais are stupid rip-offs with a very limited intellect and doubtable culture and society structure and they treat their visitors like crap. You cannot compare a natural disaster to a riot I am sorry. With curfews in place and low-life anarchy who wants to come here?? I am sorry but all they have to sell is a few cheap pussies of their LBFM females (M=Monkey)

Boy, who stole the jam from your donut this morning? So when are YOU leaving, Sir? :)

The door is this way. Cheurn krub.

a bunch of idiot farangs are grieving over some shopping mall being destroyed.

what about loss of life?

ever think about it??

this bunch of idiot farangs has relatives, friends and family who were working in said area you moron. out of income since 2 months. out of perspective for months. thais like you will make sure that this country is going down the drain faster than you cum when you <deleted> your mia noi with your 4inch dick!

Rest assured, farangs do not need thailand AT ALL. but ALOT of thai existences depend on the willingness of foreign visitors and investors to spend time and money in this 3rd world country who treats guests like crap...

not much longer mind you

Thailand in trouble? No way - why is the Baht as high as ever and why are Bangkok hotels charging as much as ever - search the sites yourself - very strange

do you really think the government doesn't control BAHT?!?!?!

it would've collapsed LONG time ago otherwise... sorry.

Yeah and then? Who in their right mind will spend da big cash here anymore?? Thais are stupid rip-offs with a very limited intellect and doubtable culture and society structure and they treat their visitors like crap. You cannot compare a natural disaster to a riot I am sorry. With curfews in place and low-life anarchy who wants to come here?? I am sorry but all they have to sell is a few cheap pussies of their LBFM females (M=Monkey)

Boy, who stole the jam from your donut this morning? So when are YOU leaving, Sir? :)

as soon as my gf has her visa. she has had enuf of this crap as well

Super! :D One less foul-mouthed know-it-all farang to contend with. Enjoy Norway

Thailand in trouble? No way - why is the Baht as high as ever and why are Bangkok hotels charging as much as ever - search the sites yourself - very strange

it is more or less pegged to the dollar since a while. they do not really let it float freely. that the currency is strong is actually very bad for their economy which is heavily tourism and export based. not sure who is manipulating it...

Super! :D One less foul-mouthed know-it-all farang to contend with. Enjoy Norway

enjoy bangkok lol. I am heading off to cebu. will send you a postcard

I think the reds are basically peacefull, but Abhisit always changes his mind saying I will desolve parliament and organise elections, the putting all this on hold!

How can anyone trust him?

I would get violent too

Abhisit has to resign if he wants peace back in Thailand!

Are you on Mars?

:D

Mars never had any strange effects on me. I think he's on something else. :)

"BTW, I always have and always will support the rural people of Thailand".That's ironic, considering your apparent distaste of Thaksin cuz that's what he did, too.

"Why do you think the "landed gentry" of Thailand arranged his removal? Sure, Thaksin made lots of money. But he also GAVE SOME BACK to the poor. Anyone with 30Bt can go to the doctor because of his subsidy programme, for instance."

Thaksin never funded the 30TBT scheme so it never worked.

Thaksin did not provide free education.

Thaksin did not guarantee farmers income.

All his actions were con tricks to get people to vote TRT.

Today is like Thailand's 9/11,

Just a little over the top ... dontcha think?

I don't like what happened any more than the next person but I think it's safe to say that no one involved on either side set out with the sole intention of killing as many people as they possibly could.

The most important thing in crisis is to keep perspective. In this dispute, clearly some have and some have not.

This most certainly is Thailand's 9/11, lock, stock, and tube. I really hope the images of the burning World Trade Center (CentralWorld's original name!) become a symbol of Thaksin the terrorist. Both he and Osama are wealthy, spoiled people of hatred and spite. Bin Laden was first thrown out of his home country for his activities there. Both have resorted to "education" and brainwashing schools to teach hatred to the otherwise innocent and to build a violent following. Relative to GDP, the economic damage to Thailand may well exceed that of 9/11. The shock and emotional scars will be the same.

So, same same!

BTW, I always have and always will support the rural people of Thailand THe people who did this were the thugs of society, including the red "leadership" and Thaksin.

"BTW, I always have and always will support the rural people of Thailand".That's ironic, considering your apparent distaste of Thaksin cuz that's what he did, too.

Why do you think the "landed gentry" of Thailand arranged his removal? Sure, Thaksin made lots of money. But he also GAVE SOME BACK to the poor. Anyone with 30Bt can go to the doctor because of his subsidy programme, for instance.

Also, Osama was born into wealth. Thaksin is self-made. Apart from alleged wealth, they couldn't be further apart.

Although not the cental issue, you might do your own research on Thaksin and his family. It's been done here a few times but I always learn something when I'm told to go fish. Most certainly he comes from a wealthy family. Perhaps his father was a self made man but that is often a bad sign for the next generation.

As for Thaksin really helping the rural people. He did little except throw the governments money (not his of course) at unsound, short sighted programs to build populist support. It's been explained here and is the experience of my own family that many of his programs left them poorer. As the head of a 3 generation issan family, much of this comes back to me.

I have had to buy back land that was pawned to cover the debts that resulted from his quick buck policies. So I don't see anything ironic in my views of Mr. Thaksin.

Edited by rabo

The government doesn't WANT the baht this strong. Strong baht hurts exports.

The government doesn't, but they have to keep it at this level. Any sudden fluctuation of the currency will directly affect the foreign investors who will definately pull their money out entirely. Remember 1997???

Edited by vasavoir

So you are taking such a stupid rip off with limited intellect with you?? :D

YOU, You sound like a nice guy... really :D

a bunch of idiot farangs are grieving over some shopping mall being destroyed.

what about loss of life?

ever think about it??

this bunch of idiot farangs has relatives, friends and family who were working in said area you moron. out of income since 2 months. out of perspective for months. thais like you will make sure that this country is going down the drain faster than you cum when you <deleted> your mia noi with your 4inch dick!

Rest assured, farangs do not need thailand AT ALL. but ALOT of thai existences depend on the willingness of foreign visitors and investors to spend time and money in this 3rd world country who treats guests like crap...

not much longer mind you

Indeed, I would be interested to know ho wyou introduce yourself and your reasons for being in LOS

It is quite true that farang do not need Thailand, but many choose to live there and usually develop an affinity with the country and its people despite the dificulties and humorous contretemps prompted by the differences in culture and outlook. What is surprising is that someone as bitter as you seem to be should stay in LOS or maintain such an emotional investment in the place.

The baht has been strong because of economic factors, Thailand had been trying to keep it down, not up.

I just find it really hard to believe that any member here could understand (much less support) what these red shirt terrorists did. Do they not understand by burning the beautiful city down they are taking thousands of jobs away from the very same poor people that they claim to be allied with? This is a very sad day in Thailand's history

Ahhhh.... the last ditch attempt to get cash out of unknowing foreigners... Where do you think Thaksins cash grab is going to ??? I PRESUME some of it's to shore up the (what should be) the battered baht....

:) Can we stay on track, please?

Second largest shop in Asia does not, by itself, convey any particular reason over and above any other why it should be spared.

You sound like Posh Spice or A N Other WAG.

I'm defending no people.

I am defending democracy (sorry if that offends you).

What does democracy have to do with burning down shopping malls. Are you perhaps confusing it with communism?

I have to admit that I was vaguely sympathetic to the red cause when this all started. But both red leaders and rank-and file protesters have since proven themselves to be insincere about their democratic ideals, driven more by hate than by justice, and generally a danger unto the public and themselves.

I like your profile pic by the way.

Second largest shop in Asia does not, by itself, convey any particular reason over and above any other why it should be spared.

You sound like Posh Spice or A N Other WAG.

I'm defending no people.

I am defending democracy (sorry if that offends you).

What does democracy have to do with burning down shopping malls. Are you perhaps confusing it with communism?

I have to admit that I was vaguely sympathetic to the red cause when this all started. But both red leaders and rank-and file protesters have since proven themselves to be insincere about their democratic ideals, driven more by hate than by justice, and generally a danger unto the public and themselves.

I like your profile pic by the way.

"Does not convey any reason it should be spared" :)

No comment necessary!

"Why do you think the "landed gentry" of Thailand arranged his removal? Sure, Thaksin made lots of money. But he also GAVE SOME BACK to the poor. Anyone with 30Bt can go to the doctor because of his subsidy programme, for instance."

Thaksin never funded the 30TBT scheme so it never worked.

Thaksin did not provide free education.

Thaksin did not guarantee farmers income.

All his actions were con tricks to get people to vote TRT.

Your so right during the time of toxsin I had practicle experiance of the 30 Bt scheme. My father inlaw was thrown out of a public hospital in isaan half dead with two para tablets. If it was not for my funding he would be dead of a easily cured infection and my wifes granfather as well with a different ailment relatively simple treatment. I asked a senior doctor at the time "what was the problem the hospital" He said Toxsin had announced this plan and then never gave a satang to fund it. In my Isaan village they all say laughing 30 B everybody die. Toxsin never did nothing for the poor. probaly myself and most members on this board have done more for the plight of issan people then him. To see them duped so badly and killed for thier mis guided protests sadens me greatly. I know that thier actions will only deepen thier plight and not help. In the end it has turned into the under dog wanting thier share of the coutries prosperity. What the answer is I don't know but it is not by following the so called reds that only want to vest thier own interests.

I don’t know Bangkok very well as I only go there when I have a hospital appointment which are all too frequent and I don’t know most of the buildings that have been set on fire and destroyed but I do know the one near Victory Monument as we ate and shopped there often.

To see it as a smoking ruin on TV almost brought me to tears as I know how many small businesses were in that building. Those businesses represented the hard work of their owners who have tried to improve their lives and the lives of their families, to make a better life for themselves and their children.

How many people in Bangkok have today seen their small businesses, all their stock they have already paid for possibly gone into debt for, all their hopes their dreams their lives even torn from them by the stupid actions of idiots with a bottle of petrol and a lighter.

Actions that have been inspired if not ordered by the red shirt leaders. There are many videos of the leaders preaching arson like the one where one of them was telling a crowd of their supporters to each bring a bottle of petrol to Bangkok and burn the city. The leaders on the stage saying they would burn Bangkok to the ground are also on video look at this one

then do a little search others can’t be difficult to find.

How many tears have there been and how many will be shed, how many families, how many children will go hungry because of these fires? How many people must now start again from nothing or worse a situation of debt? There is no reason for this there can be absolutely no excuse for it. I don’t usually advocate the taking of human life but if those who have committed these atrocities were brought to justice as they should be and were sentenced to hang I would gladly tie the knot

:) Man, I hope they can contain the fire and prevent it from spreading. Hoping they can salvage the goods in the stores, if not damaged by smoke and water.

From the few pictures we saw, I think the goods are all up in smoke. The fire pretty much ravaged all the shops. A lot of goods had been moved to other retail outlets though.

The more important question is going to be whether the whole place is salvageable at all. Even assuming that there is no deep structural damage apart from the collapsed section, it's going to take at least a couple of years to restore the place.

"Does not convey any reason it should be spared" :)

No comment necessary!

Yep, there's little point arguing with that kind of reasoning. But I might have a jacket that fits his size somewhere. The kind where the sleeves tie in the back.

I think the reds are basically peacefull, but Abhisit always changes his mind saying I will desolve parliament and organise elections, the putting all this on hold!

I would get violent too

yep

:) Man, I hope they can contain the fire and prevent it from spreading. Hoping they can salvage the goods in the stores, if not damaged by smoke and water.

From the few pictures we saw, I think the goods are all up in smoke. The fire pretty much ravaged all the shops. A lot of goods had been moved to other retail outlets though.

The more important question is going to be whether the whole place is salvageable at all. Even assuming that there is no deep structural damage apart from the collapsed section, it's going to take at least a couple of years to restore the place.

wasn't there car showrooms in there? maserati, ferrari, bmw? that'd be worth stealing but more difficult than a 50" plasma. I digress.

I would get violent too

yep

It is a good idea, whoever mentioned a 7 day grace period for new joiners before they can post. Everyday we get new users(probably the same few people who have been banned) posting the same useless messages.