Thailand Imposes Curfew For Three More Nights

webfact

hi does anyone know if anywhere was open in sukhumvit or khao san last night?

Yep, I wasn't there myself but there are places open in Sukhumvit Soi 22, Queens Plaza. There are some canny business people out there as you're stuck in the place until 5am and will probably spend a shed load.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, i suspect one of the main reasons for a curfew is so that the authorities can mop up the mess and clean up the muppets who want to flaunt the law,

but if you feel comfortable flaunting the law in the same vain as the the redshirts...go for it

hope you dont get shot :)

not quite the same vain as the red shirts though is it. :D

no,admittedly, not quite the same vain, but the point is that by flaunting the law (at this time) you are bringing yourself down to redshirt level, as they have absolutely NO respect for laws.

I wonder if their villages and landmarks were looted and burnt to the ground, how they would react??

hi does anyone know if anywhere was open in sukhumvit or khao san last night?

Yep, I wasn't there myself but there are places open in Sukhumvit Soi 22, Queens Plaza. There are some canny business people out there as you're stuck in the place until 5am and will probably spend a shed load.

Ahhhhh Sweet ! That's 300 metres away. I'm gonna roll down there now. Laters. :)

Nation says 9pm. Good news to try to contain and quell the remaining terrorists. Bring back Bangkok to some semblance of normalcy quickly.

I see all these quotes from farangs calling the protesters terrorist,probably these are ex pats on bloated salary's,I'm in bangkok and i can assure you that the majority of the Thai non elite in bkk are very sympathetic to the red shirts,not necessary with Thaksin

but what they see as a very corrupt system

I think you are really missing the point.

Not that ALL red Shirts are terrorists,

but that there ARE real terrorists out there still.

And the curfew makes it easier to slow down their plans.

It also makes it much easier to take trouble makers in,

or special ops guys to do their thing,

if there are MUCH less people and traffic in general to sift through.

If you ignore the curfew, then you go on a short list of possible trouble makers.

They may well make a judgment call if you're in your neighborhood, and with a 7/11 bag in hand,

but running around in other areas makes you more likely to be seen as real trouble.

Everyone wants the curfew to be over, even those who have put it into effect.

Edited by animatic

I drove last Friday a curfew night from 8:25 PM out of UDON THANI city, the big Gasoline stations already closed.

But later on the Highway in the country side a good part of the Gasoline stations seemed to be open.

Traffic was thin but it was traffic and a lot of heavy trucks kept driving.

I Bypassed Khon Kaen in the direction of Chumphe, turned than left to Ban Then, stopped there to shop in an open shop and reached my destination in the Amphoe Phukiau in Chayaphum at about 10:30 PM.

All the way I was never stopped, saw some checkpoints, but they had been unmanned. Only in Ban Then I saw officials-Police? Army? to dark! but they had been busy on the other side of the road.

So its not so tight? By, good drive, Alfred