What's Going On With 3bb ?

Rigsby

What going on with 3BB nowadays ??

When it was Maxnet, I hardly ever experienced outages, but now it's 3BB, there are usually 2 days a week when there is no internet all day. For instance Sat May 15th and yesterday Thurs May 20th.

I called and they said there's a problem in Pattaya. It's always up by 5pm.

I've actually invested in a Hutch wifi dongle now as backup, 'cos this is occurring much too often !!

It used to be TOT that got all the stick, but I believe things have changed.

What are they playing at ?? Your thoughts please...

Not sure!

Using Maxnet Premier (which should be pretty much the same) and it's rock solid as ever...

That's exactly what I'm on (except they call themselves 3BB now) - but I have no internet for 2 day/s a week recently (on average).......mmmmmm..........

I am in Pattaya too. My 3BB internet has been fine for months. When I first had ADSL connection with TOT it was so bad I changed to TT&T (now 3BB). A few occasions when it went down but now it is very reliable. The last time it went down was after a storm. Called 3BB and an engineer came out. Just water in the connection box down the soi.

Not sure!

Using Maxnet Premier (which should be pretty much the same) and it's rock solid as ever...

That's exactly what I'm on (except they call themselves 3BB now) - but I have no internet for 2 day/s a week recently (on average).......mmmmmm..........

exactly the same problems in Phuket using Maxnet Premier!

Im also on premier maxnet but its also called 3BB now in Pattaya but havent had any outages.. it may be something locally that is causing your problem maybe a phone line or the modem/router? which package are you on?

Also if your computer savy you can check the details of your connection in the router normally 192.168.1.1 into your browser then username admin password TTT (later models may have changed the password).

under there you can check the decibel levels(DB) to see if there is a lot of interference.. I once had too much and had some engineers come out.. they had to downgrade my speed so I would stop losing my connection because the signal was poor. Look for SNR Margin and Line Attenuation under your router page.

Edited by daones

Im also on premier maxnet but its also called 3BB now in Pattaya but havent had any outages.. it may be something locally that is causing your problem maybe a phone line or the modem/router? which package are you on?

Also if your computer savy you can check the details of your connection in the router normally 192.168.1.1 into your browser then username admin password TTT (later models may have changed the password).

under there you can check the decibel levels(DB) to see if there is a lot of interference.. I once had too much and had some engineers come out.. they had to downgrade my speed so I would stop losing my connection because the signal was poor. Look for SNR Margin and Line Attenuation under your router page.

Cheers for that.

I'm on Premier 4Mb. (2650 bht/mth). Runs at 5Mb now.

Will check those details. Everytime I've been down for a day tho' they said there was a problem & to "try again in the evening". By 5pm (both times) it was up.

same happenned in koh samui, the modem indicates call failed wich is a non responding dslam.

i called few days ago about this annoying problem occuring around 2PM and they say there was a problem in surat, by 5pm the internet was there again.

Here in centre of BKK we are also using 3bb (or known as maxnet premier).

Unfortunately since one week the internet is completely down. 3BB/maxnet reports that the main fibreglass line has been broken inside the red area and thats why now many district in centre of bkk are without internet connection. Though we are not in the red area, and here was no danger at any time, 3BB refused to help us in any way.

3bb/Maxnet refuse also to help by providing other alternative solutions for the meantime (as analog access or rerouting of main lines through different district)

While it was understandable that they cant enter the red area on wednesday while military operation was going on. today the CRES has announced that the area is clear and even the streets have been cleaned of dangerous items.

3BB/Maxnet still refuses to send technicians to repair the damage.

The issue is tragic as our company is dependent on access to internet work properly. Im sure there are also many other businesses in our area (NANA) and other districts who urgently need internet to continue working.

I've had several problems with Maxnet Premier over the last week or two. The problem is always they assign me a 10.x.x.x IP address, i.e. private that doesn't route to the internet. The callcenter seems to be clueless, they misunderstand and think it has to do with my LAN and can only suggest to restart my router. After a while I get a proper 124.x.x.x IP address and it works again, sometimes it takes 24 hours, sometimes just one. Frustrating!

I've had several problems with Maxnet Premier over the last week or two. The problem is always they assign me a 10.x.x.x IP address, i.e. private that doesn't route to the internet. The callcenter seems to be clueless, they misunderstand and think it has to do with my LAN and can only suggest to restart my router. After a while I get a proper 124.x.x.x IP address and it works again, sometimes it takes 24 hours, sometimes just one. Frustrating!

Whenever I get a 10.x.x.x address assigned I know it's time to go pay my bill :):D

Whenever I get a 10.x.x.x address assigned I know it's time to go pay my bill :):D

My bills were all paid, that's not the problem. But since you mention it, one of the helpdesk guys did mention that my login "had expired". I asked what that meant but he couldn't explain other than he said he would fix it. That was "two downtimes" ago.

I have been having connection problems regularly with my 3BB here in Chiang Mai. It works intermittently or not at all most of the time. First I tried the call center and they said a tech was trying to repair from their location. No luck there, so I took my router to their office to exchange it. They gave me a different one, I brought it home connected it and still the same issues. I am totally fed up and ready to cancel my service. Does anyone know of a reliable ISP in Chiang Mai? I was thinking of trying True.

I have been having connection problems regularly with my 3BB here in Chiang Mai. It works intermittently or not at all most of the time. First I tried the call center and they said a tech was trying to repair from their location. No luck there, so I took my router to their office to exchange it. They gave me a different one, I brought it home connected it and still the same issues. I am totally fed up and ready to cancel my service. Does anyone know of a reliable ISP in Chiang Mai? I was thinking of trying True.

the problem is not the ISP it's the quality of the line, give us the value and we'll point you to the right direction.

Problems here in Hua Hin since last Thursday afternoon. i am on maxnet premier 4MB. before last thursday, very stable and quite often close to the paid for speed.

Since then, hopeless. effectively drops every few hours (the connection is still there according to my router status) or so, and slow. upstream rate as reported by the router has been down to 100kbps (instead of 1,023 ish ), and the power (db) seems to be lower than i remember from the past. can take upto an hour to get a good (working) connection again.

foreign sites are slower than thai ones (which didnt use to be the case for me). Have 3B introduced some internal net monitoring software/hardware which is causing problems ? just seems a bit co-incidental that the problems started just after the clearout in BKK.

DSL Status: Connected

DSL Modulation Mode: MultiMode

DSL Path Mode: Interleaved

Downstream Rate: 4733 kbps

Upstream Rate: 1023 kbps

Downstream Margin: 29 db

Upstream Margin: 10 db

Downstream Line Attenuation: 18 db

Upstream Line Attenuation: 4 db

Downstream Transmit Power: 9 db

Upstream Transmit Power: 20 db

Edited by fft100

the problem is not the ISP it's the quality of the line, give us the value and we'll point you to the right direction.

>> Here are the statistics from the router. Any ideas?

thanks for any replies

Transmit Statistics

Receive Statistics

Transmit Frames

Receive Frames

Transmit Multicast Frames

Receive Multicast Frames

Transmit total Bytes

Receive total Bytes

Transmit Collision

Receive CRC Errors

Transmit Error Frames

Receive Under-size Frames

0Testing Ethernet LAN connection ...

PASS

>> Testing ADSL Synchronization .

PASS

>> Testing ATM OAM segment ping ...

FAIL

>> Testing ATM OAM end to end ping ...

FAIL

>> Ping Primary Domain Name Server .

FAIL

>> Ping www.yahoo.com ...

PASS

3BB Internet outages now in larger areas, parts of BKK and Pattaya reported

Yep, had 2 instances with all day outages but that was due to us changing our package and their server getting confused over the login name and such. Other than that it's been smooth sailing, although on some days I do get frequent disconnects. Sometimes up to 6 or 7 times a day. But the disconnects never last longer than a minute.

Just called them to complain about crap speeds in Phuket on Maxnet Premier 5Mb line.

speedtest.net was reporting ~4Mb down, while bangkok.speedtest.thaivisa.com was reporting 500-600kbps.

Lo and behold she asked me to try speedtest.net once again, "in a minute please" tapping on keyboard, and suddenly my line was giving me 6.92Mbps according to speedtest.net. Of course the ThiaVisa speedtest result didn't change when retested a minute later.

Time to stick in another line and a load balancer me thinks...

Just called them to complain about crap speeds in Phuket on Maxnet Premier 5Mb line.

Yes time for me to do the same. Since they did the switch to 3BB, my Maxnet Premier 5mb line in Phuket is getting 5.02mb to Bangkok, but less than .5mb outside Thailand. I wanted the internet, I got the intranet.

827780326.png