Thaksin Calls For Political Dialogue, Denies Involvement In Mayhem

webfact

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Latest water-cooler rumour is that the black-shirt 'ronin' included numerous soldiers from Cambodia, but the government is keeping quiet about it because that would mean war, and the Thai army isn't ready for that.

Wednesday night several Burmese and Cambodians were brought in by the army to Phaya Thai police station, I was there and they all tried to lie about their identity

Latest water-cooler rumour is that the black-shirt 'ronin' included numerous soldiers from Cambodia, but the government is keeping quiet about it because that would mean war, and the Thai army isn't ready for that.

Wednesday night several Burmese and Cambodians were brought in by the army to Phaya Thai police station, I was there and they all tried to lie about their identity

Just go to MBK or cheap shops in Chatuchak and elsewhere. Half of the girls and boys employed there are either Cambodian or Burmese... Klong Toei sure has a big share of non-Thai residents.

After what has happen, hope Thailand give the ignore button for all the attention that Mr T is seeking. He's trying too hard, should enjoy the golden years.

Yes, all the attention the media is giving to Thaksin is getting annoying... Can't they simply NOT broadcast or print the crap he produces?

The Red Shirts and their political wing the Pheu Thai Party should be encouraged to explain the funding of their movement and where and to whom the money has gone. Furthermore the Yellow Shirts should also open their books to explain where their money came from otherwise there will be continued speculation as the the sources and recipients of the no doubt huge sums of money spent by both parties. In both cases - don't hold your breathe for any statements let alone honest responses.

The yellows were not paid. This is the big difference. They are not even close to being in the same group, especially after the reds action of burning Thailand and killing people. Big difference.

In the first post, Thaksin is quoted:

"He denied his involvement with "any illegal or violent activities in the Kingdom of Thailand".

"I fully reject the allegations which underscore the fact that this heroic and inspiring grassroots movement is autonomous and independent from myself," he said

Maybe he forgot this

Oops

Classic -love it

I can't find the link now but on Wednesday there was a piece saying that the police were making announcements in Ratchaprasong for the crowds to disperse in 3 languages: English, Thai and Cambodian!!!

If the rumour is true then we don't have to look very far for who has economic ties with Cambodia?

I can't find the link now but on Wednesday there was a piece saying that the police were making announcements in Ratchaprasong for the crowds to disperse in 3 languages: English, Thai and Cambodian!!!

If the rumour is true then we don't have to look very far for who has economic ties with Cambodia?

well we all know who their foreign (mis)advisor is or was. not only that, but a striking resemblence to the Khmer Rouge, only the rattling belligerent speeches resembling a European figure with a funny 'stache.

Thaksin issued his statement in a press release of the law firm Amsterdam and Peroff distributed by PRNewswire in Hong Kong on Thursday.

"Today Thailand is mourning. I join all Thai patriots in their immediate call for calm, order and non-violence, and fully condemn the actions of those who acted with opportunism and impunity to cause reckless damage to Bangkok, which is completely alien to the cause of the protest movement," he said in the statement.

He blamed "state violence and human rights abuses" for the loss of life.

Thaksin issued his statement in a press release of the law firm Amsterdam and Peroff distributed by PRNewswire in Hong Kong on Thursday.

"Today Thailand is mourning. I join all Thai patriots in their immediate call for calm, order and non-violence, and fully condemn the actions of those who acted with opportunism and impunity to cause reckless damage to Bangkok, which is completely alien to the cause of the protest movement," he said in the statement.

He blamed "state violence and human rights abuses" for the loss of life.

I nearly spat my coffee all over my PC when I read that Thaksin said he "Blamed state violence and human rights abuses"......

He must have a short memory these days, what about his war on drugs and other alleged incidents of human rights abuse, a link to a utube video for anyone interested in watching..

Edited by MB1

If Thaksin wants to be a good law abiding citizen, then he should come home and serve his prison sentence.

He was sentenced by a group of nine unbiased judges, duly sworn in by the King and as such their verdict is by the laws of the land........

The same prison the red shirt leaders are currently ...uhm ...suffering in?

nattawutii.jpg

reddyj.jpg

of course he denies it, like everything else he's done. best choice for him would be to not comment on it at all. i think he starts to forget all of the things he said on video.

Here is a video with some embarrassing quotes from Mr. T

Note especially at 0.12 "and I shall be there with you in person"

and 4.03 "my red shirt brothers and sisters who have done so much for me"

Has Fatso Amsterdam seen this? Talk your way out of that?

Standard Thaksin playbook. Cause havoc and death anbd mayhem. Deny involvement. Call for forgiving him so it doesnt happen again. Whne he doesnt get his way more and worse violence.

Red leaders already admitted getting money form him and now reportedly Veera has admitted he advised them. As red leaders called for Arson attacks there is enough to exclude him from anything. Thaksin is part of the problem and not part of the solution.

As Thitinan in the Guardian said Thaksin needs to make a sacrifice by withdrawing from the red movement. It seems small chance of that which in turn is going to tie the governments hand too. Interesting to see Thaksin has made the first move to put him center stage in what comes next - no surprise there. At what point though will the red movement or at least part of it really move beyond Thaksin rather than just talk about in press conferences while actually keeping himn center ot every speech they make and taking the money from him and his minions

Edited to add: it also plays to the meme his spin doctor will try to create internationally. If the government can show a financial trail to the reds then they can ask for extradition for terrorism now. Thaksin is being deliberately divisive with his desccribing a movement whose leaders called for mass arson heroic.

100% agree, and not only that.

He has now, yet again, placing himself above the red leaders, and back on his Puyai perch.

No longer a phrae, and just as these guys are looking at SERIOUS jail time or worse....

And he hangs them out to dry.....

I wonder how much that is worth in the frozen bank accounts the wives can't touch now?

I wonder how many of the red leaders will be happy he morally, publicly, and financially deserted them

when they face the noose, or at least ending their days in a deep barred hole of their own digging?

Should pry a few more cash transactions, bagmen with stories to tell, and paper trails out of the woodwork,

when the rush of their time on stage as 'masters of the universe' fades away, and they are just

isolated single men, looking into a dark tunnel of their fate.

Which one will turn 'states evidence' first?

Question of the week.

Edited by animatic

Standard Thaksin playbook. Cause havoc and death anbd mayhem. Deny involvement. Call for forgiving him so it doesnt happen again. Whne he doesnt get his way more and worse violence.

Red leaders already admitted getting money form him and now reportedly Veera has admitted he advised them. As red leaders called for Arson attacks there is enough to exclude him from anything. Thaksin is part of the problem and not part of the solution.

As Thitinan in the Guardian said Thaksin needs to make a sacrifice by withdrawing from the red movement. It seems small chance of that which in turn is going to tie the governments hand too. Interesting to see Thaksin has made the first move to put him center stage in what comes next - no surprise there. At what point though will the red movement or at least part of it really move beyond Thaksin rather than just talk about in press conferences while actually keeping himn center ot every speech they make and taking the money from him and his minions

Edited to add: it also plays to the meme his spin doctor will try to create internationally. If the government can show a financial trail to the reds then they can ask for extradition for terrorism now. Thaksin is being deliberately divisive with his desccribing a movement whose leaders called for mass arson heroic.

100% agree, and not only that.

He is now yet again placing himself above the red leaders and back on his Puyai perch.

No longer a phrae, and just as these guys are looking at SERIOUS jail time or worse....

And he hangs them out to dry.....

I wonder how much that is worth in the frozen bank accounts the wives can't touch now?

I wonder how many of the red leaders will be happy he morally, publicly, and financially deserted them

when they face the noose, or at least ending their days in a deep barred hole of their own digging?

Should pry a few more cash transactions, bagmen with stories totel, and paper trails out of the woodwork

when the rush of their time on stage as 'masters of the universe' fades away and they are just

isolated single men, looking into a dark tunnel of their fate.

Which one will turn 'states evidense' first?

Question of the week.

See above pictures.

Hmmmmm. What does anyone have to do to really get arrested in this country

hold on, I thought he is denied entry to England? They refused him before. Could be more hearsay that he's on his way to London, we'll have to wait and see where he rears his ugly head next.

Different name on Montenegrin passport.

Technically he might not be the same person as on the books in UK.

For the moment.

See above pictures.

Hmmmmm. What does anyone have to do to really get arrested in this country

You can probably get arrested for not even doing anything. The key in the whole equation is to know the right people, so that when you do get arrested, nothing really happens. Stay tuned for red shirts, version 2, coming soon to a street near you.

hold on, I thought he is denied entry to England? They refused him before. Could be more hearsay that he's on his way to London, we'll have to wait and see where he rears his ugly head next.

For the moment.

I'm sure that the UK knows that "Takki Shinegra" is in fact "Thaksin Shinawatra". They just don't give a sheat about the circus. Trust me, I'm the clown.

For the moment.

But he wouldn't have an automatic right to enter the UK, of course, as Montenegro isn't in the EU. Also, would his passport not have to list previous names, date of birth and birth place? A few hints there to work on ;-)

Edited by paully

"He denied his involvement with "any illegal or violent activities in the Kingdom of Thailand".

Thaksin went on to say that up is down, black is white, and the sun rises in the West.

There are photo prove that he was shopping in Paris when the arson attack happens. So I am sure he is not the one who burn CTW. hahaha

In his situation what else can he say. I hope they find out if his cash funded everything, including weapons.

How about funding the Public Relations Firm that created his copy. The man is simply NOT that eloquent :)

If Thaksin wants to be a good law abiding citizen, then he should come home and serve his prison sentence.

He was sentenced by a group of nine unbiased judges, duly sworn in by the King and as such their verdict is by the laws of the land........

The same prison the red shirt leaders are currently ...uhm ...suffering in?

nattawutii.jpg

reddyj.jpg

As the noises in the ears fade away, they rest in the bosoms of their families.

But for how long and the nautre of the questions and charges and choices for them

soon may well be in stark contrast to the warm familial bliss they enjoy now....

Contented retirement or trip to hel_l, here's your choice.

I did note that different red leaders went to VERY different policing entities.

And bets are they treat them differently too. We'll see.

Edited by animatic

For the moment.

I think immigration in the UK is a little smarter than that. All I can concur is that cancelling a visa in his previous passports does not preclude him travelling to the UK. Martha Stewart couldn't even travel because of her having her conviction.

One can only presume they don't recognize his conviction and the cancelling of his visa, wasn't quite as serious as we imagined.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_indiv..._United_Kingdom

The following individuals have at some point been temporarily or permanently refused entry into the United Kingdom. Of these individuals, some may be among the censored section of the Home Office list; CNSNews.com identifies Ibrahim Mousawi, listed below, as being "evidently one of the six" banned from entering the UK, whose names were withheld by the Home Office.[4]

Nationality Individual Source(s)

Iranian Gholam Reza Aghazadeh[nb 1] [5]

Mauritanian Dimi Mint Abba [6]

Jamaican Siccatune Alcock (a.k.a. Jah Cure) [7][8]

Uzbek Zakirjon Almatov[nb 1] [9]

Egyptian and Qatari Yusuf al-Qaradawi [10]

Syrian Omar Bakri [11]

Iraqi Mohammed Al Deeni [12]

American Cordozar Calvin Broadus, Jr (a.k.a. Snoop Dogg) [13]

Zimbabwean Peter Chingoka[nb 1] [14]

American Louis Farrakhan [10][15]

Israeli Moshe Feiglin [16]

American Don Francisco [17]

Argentinian Esteban Fuertes [18][19]

Zimbabwean Gideon Gono[nb 1] [20]

Dominican Joan Guzmán [15]

Iranian Mohammad Ali Jafari[nb 1] [5]

Saudi Arabian Omar Osama bin Laden [21]

Zimbabwean Thomas Mapfumo [6]

Lebanese Ibrahim Mousawi [22]

Zimbabwean Grace Mugabe[nb 1] [23]

Zimbabwean Robert Mugabe[nb 1][nb 2] [23][24]

Kurd Remzi Kartal[nb 1] [25]

Kenyan Abo Obama (a.k.a. Samson Obama) [26]

Jamaican Rodney Basil Price (a.k.a. Bounty Killer) [10]

American Terrance Quaites (a.k.a. TQ) [27]

Thai Thaksin Shinawatra[nb 3] [28]

American Trevor Smith (a.k.a. Busta Rhymes) [29]

American Martha Stewart

(see insider stock scandal)

[3][30]

American Jerry Vlasak

Now I know it is Wikipedia, but, if he is even in the same list as Osama, the fact that he is in there at all, would seem to suggest that his "banning" was a complete smoke screen of a story. Let's not forget we have just had a change of government in the UK, maybe the new foreign secratery sees his case a little differently than the previous incumbent.

I wonder how long until the story about industries from which foreign companies are banned rises out of the ashes. Terry Leahy just got a big headache.

A question; if Thaksin is charged for terrorisms, then he should be on no flight list. Meaning he can't be in any plane travelling around.

It this True?

The "no flight" list is a US thing. He isn't charged with anything in the US.

SHINAWATRA'S BUSINESS NETWORK
I'd like confirmation from other knowledgeable members here of the accuracy of this list.

I agree with boycotting anything to do with the Shinawatras, however is it possible that some of the listed items may no longer belong to them? e.g. Was AIS fully sold to Singapore?

What was the original source of this list? I found it posted in another internet discussion forum, but it looks like it was copied and pasted from some kind of research paper, considering all the detailed references at the bottom. I'd like to get a copy of the full document.

Edited by hyperdimension

International wheels of justice turn really slowly. BUT they do turn, eventually, in most cases. Look at cases against the Khmer Rouge, even Nazi guards. If there is any satisfaction in the fact that Thaksin will never be able to have a good night's sleep , and likely has not had a good night's sleep in the last few years, then it's small justice served already.

Now, Thaksin, please stay away from my home countries, get out of Europe, go to a little island somewhere and stop making noises. You are a thug, a criminal, a dictator, a liar.

And you are represented by a "Canadian' (oh what shame!) "human rights" lawyer? What a farce. I don't know why the world has to have such evil characters running around when most of us are just trying to find a way to be a friendly face on this planet.

Shame, shame, shame on him, his disgusting family (shopping while people bleed to death for his cause), and shame on those who facilitate this awful behaviour.

Lawyer loves money, Mr.T has a lot.

In his situation what else can he say. I hope they find out if his cash funded everything, including weapons.

HI

AS OUTSIDER - I VISIT THAILAND NOW AND THEN

I FEEL THAT THE RED SHIRTS HAD THE RIGHT TO PROTEST PEACEFULLY TO GET A MESSAGE TO THEIR LEADERS.

HOWEVER

(1) THEY WENT TOO FAR AND SHOULD HAVE GONE HOME ONCE THE PRIME MINISTER AGREED TO ELECTIONS WITHIN 6 MONTHS (THIS WAS A SUITABLE TIME TABLE GIVEN WHAT IT TAKES TO RUN AN ELECTION AND FOR ALL PARTIES TO CLEARLY STATE THEIR POLICIES )

(2) NO GROUP HAS THE RIGHT TO DISRUPT SOCIETY AND THE ECONOMY LIKE THE RED GROUP DID. THIS WAS AN INFRINGMENT OF PEOPLES RIGHTS AND WORK. LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE SUFFERED ECONOMICALLY. MANY FAMILIES SUFFERED.

(3) THAKSIN (SPELT WRONG?) HAD A MORAL OBLIGATION TO ASK FOR CALM AND TELL THE RED SHIRTS TO GO HOME AND PREPARE FOR THE ELECTION IN NOVEMBER. THOUGHT HIS LACK OF ACTION WAS NOT CRIMINAL, I DID SHOW A GROSS LACK OF LEADERSHIP. A SHAME BECAUSE HE SEEMED TO BE A REASONABLE ECONOMIC LEADER BUT SEEMS TO LACK SOCIAL LEADERSHIP.

i GUESS IT NOT MY COUNTRY SO I SHOULD MIND MY OWN BUSINESS BUT IT IS A SHAME TO SEE SUCH A WONDERFUL COMMUNITY ATTACK ITSELF.

TAKE CARE

bEN

Please, as I assume you´r not screaming, prss the Caps Lock on your keyboard once, Thank you :)