ศูนย์ ไก่อู ฉกหัวใจ

farangnahrak

What does this mean?

ศูนย์

ไก่อู

กหัวใจ

Its obviously a pun on ศอฉ (CRES), but I can't figure it out. There is a picture of a smiling uniformed officer next to it.

SOLVED . . . figured it by doing more research . . . ไก่อู is the officers name . . . so its the Center for ไก่อู to Steal Your Heart . . . I guess he's handsome in a uniform?

Yes, you got it... ไก่อู is CRES spokesman สรรเสริญ แก้วกำเนิด's nickname. Thai women seem to really have a thing for guys in uniform. Of course I'm partial to ladies in uniform myself, so I guess it goes both ways.

See http://www.kasetporpeang.com/forums/index.php?topic=1564.0 for more information about the variety of chicken called ไก่อู along with a pic of one of the handsome, and rather large cocks... whether it belongs to the CRES colonel, though, is not specified.  :)

Let's look at his sense of humor. This is when he reported that many 7/11 shops have been looted by the mob.

เอาไปหมด ยกเว้นหนังสือ ไม่ยอมอ่านข่าวสาร ฟังแต่แกนนำบนเวทีอย่างเดียว

Another one when we showed the press the tear gas launcher.

เสร็จแล้วยิงเลยมั้ยครับ

Let's look at his sense of humor. This is when he reported that many 7/11 shops have been looted by the mob.

เสร็จแล้วยิงเลยมั้ยครับ

Can you explain the humour of the second sentence.

Is is that he is implying he is going to shoot the journalists with the launcher? Is this demonstrated by the odd word order ยิง before เลยมั้ย ?

When it was spoken was it like this:

เสร็จแล้ว... ยิง... เลยมั้ยครับ

If this is where the joke is, I don't think an English translation is possible because of the need for a subject and object marker.

เสร็จแล้วยิงเลยมั้ยครับ

Is is that he is implying he is going to shoot the journalists with the launcher? Is this demonstrated by the odd word order ยิง before เลยมั้ย ?

If this is where the joke is, I don't think an English translation is possible because of the need for a subject and object marker.

Im fairly sure he meant "the grenade launcher is set to fire, would you like to try it?"

เสร็จแล้วยิงเลยมั้ยครับ

I think it should be divided like this.

เสร็จแล้ว ยิงเลย มั้ยครับ

English translation would be "Should I just shoot after we are done ( with the press conference)"

I interpreted เสร็จแล้ว meaning he was finished assembling the launcher or demonstrating how to load it . . .

I don't know the context, but anchan42's translation could definitely be the correct one.

Well...that part is a bit vague. We both could be correct..