Hua Hin Cable Tv

poppysdad

Anyone know anything about the above company, previously hadn't heard of them until a neighbour called round a couple of weeks ago asking if interested in a few of us going together and getting the cable installed, his Thai partner would do all the negotiating etc. Initially told that installation of the cable would be 4 Baht a metre although no idea where it would start from. Heard nothing for a couple of weeks and then heard that last Wednesday the companies engineers would come round to assess and give us all a quote - no big surprise when no-one turned up. Then heard that yesterday they were in the area and waited with bated breath but once again no sign of them. Of course then heard they were coming today but no sign so our Thai lady phoned them, installation now will be 40 Baht a metre and then on a further call to them they now want 32000 Baht but still no idea from how far plus they told her that once installed if there's ever a breakdown they don't repair it but we have to get our own people to repair - sounds like excellent backup service to us. There are 6 of us interested all relatively close together but probably would need 3 different lines due to our placements in the development so haven't a clue whether this amount is for one line, the probable 3 lines or for all of us inclusive. We are rapidly coming to the conclusion they might well be a cowboy operation - can anyone reassure us.

Should add that all of us are on True satellite TV anyway so any advantage from cable etc.

If it's standard Hua Hin Cable like I have (also have TrueVisions) it's not worth that initial cost. Once installed it only costs me 750 baht every 3 months but there are only about 7 or 8 English language channels. It has DW for Germans (and English part time), the Australian network or news, a shared channel between a French news channel broadcast in English and BBC and one or two more in English. I only get it because I'm American and the only truly American news channel here (like it or love it) is FOX and it is on cable but not on TrueVisions. I think everything else that is on cable and is not Thai is also on TrueVisions so unless you are a FOX fan (doubtful) it wouldn't be worth the investment to get it installed.

We use it for Australian Television Network, BBC, DW both English and German, and more importantly lately, Al Jazerra for unbiased news reporting. Also, there is an unbelieveable number of old Law and Order. As for Fox, I will be kind and make no comment. There is a great deal of other channels, including all the Thai ones.

Altogether, quite happy with them, except for the occasional change of channel with no notice whatsoever.

We had cable already in the street so there was no costs other than 3 months/ Baht 750.

• 2 weeks later...