Heavy Breathing On The Telephone

somchaismith

Rented the same townhouse in BKK for the last year and a half. Had the land line connected with the caller ID option in place.

Two or three times a week, since I moved in, I receive calls from the following Bangkok numbers: 021508950, 021508900.

The caller either breathes heavy into the phone and doesn't speak or asks for a person named Wiphadee Dumkum or Viphadee Kumdee. I've consistently and persistently told them that no one stays at this residence by those names.

The telephone calls are beginning to spook out my partner and are now starting to irritate me, too.

I've even googled the numbers and come up with all sorts of links about them,

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=0...q=&gs_rfai=

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=0...q=&gs_rfai=

Here's an example from pantip.com,

Pantip.jpg

Link: http://topicstock.pantip.com/ratchada/topi...5/V8477945.html

I've also called the numbers back and have gotten recorded tape messages saying that they are an Insurance Brokers.

What can I legally do so as to make them stop calling?

Do any other posters share the same problem from these numbers?

My Thai language is obviously not well enough to deter their calls.

Edited by somchaismith

I had the same problem with some old women calling my cellphone all the time asking for some person, each time i'd tell them wrong number. She would call like 2 or 3 times a week.

After awhile every time she's call i'd just pick up the phone, put it down and leave it off the hook...let them run up their phone bill.

Then once they'd hung up i'd call back let it ring one, and then hang up. They would always call back, and i'd leave the phone off the hook again.

I'd do this about 3 or 4 times in a row and they'd keep calling back.

After a few weeks the phone calls stopped (i guess maybe they got their phone bill?)

I had the same problem with some old women calling my cellphone all the time asking for some person, each time i'd tell them wrong number. She would call like 2 or 3 times a week.

After awhile every time she's call i'd just pick up the phone, put it down and leave it off the hook...let them run up their phone bill.

Then once they'd hung up i'd call back let it ring one, and then hang up. They would always call back, and i'd leave the phone off the hook again.

I'd do this about 3 or 4 times in a row and they'd keep calling back.

After a few weeks the phone calls stopped (i guess maybe they got their phone bill?)

I like your approach :) Never talk with these people; they want a reaction so deny them that.

I must've received over a hundred calls from this company. They're still not giving up. There must be a logical reason. If only I could read Thai and be able to understand the other poster's comments at Pantip.com's message board.

Tell them that those people have moved and give them the new number 02-725-9595

Simon

The ex wife, Simon?

Actually no (although close!!), it's the number of Manoram Psychiatric Hospital in Bangkok :)

Simon

I must've received over a hundred calls from this company. They're still not giving up. There must be a logical reason. If only I could read Thai and be able to understand the other poster's comments at Pantip.com's message board.

The OP on the pantip forum says he didnt renew some insurances for 2 persons and the broker (having this telephone number) keeps still calling and he feels very annoyed. Nothing about hard breathing.

Didn´t read through all the replies though, but some of them are suggestions on how to ignore these calls.

Edited by pmhmaster