Gay Patong?

bluemanna

Hi all, just found this forum and though I would post something.

I`m heading to Phuket at the end of the year with my partner and wondering if anyone knows if its back up to speed yet (clean/shops open ect)

I am also curious as to the Gay night life in Phuket. I went for a walk down the back of patong, but found it rather seedy. ALthough I love thai guys and think they are all great, it kinda did nothing for me being treated like a walking pay cheque. I would like to go into a gay bar for a drink with my partner, but wondering if its a good move considering we have no intentions of "hiring help"

Looking forward to my next trip and if anyone lives in the area, would be nice to hear from you..

take care all. :o

Edited by bluemanna

Patong is up and running, but could never be described as clean. The Paradise area (gay area) is seedy, but look around. Sit at the coffee shop half way up the out lane during the day, you'll find someone to chat to. There are gay boys everywhere, shops, beaches (half way alongt Patong Beach near the watchtower, restuarants, etc. You don't have to hit the sleaziest bars.....

Patong is up and running, but could never be described as clean.  The Paradise area (gay area) is seedy, but look around.  Sit at the coffee shop half way up the out lane during the day, you'll find someone to chat to.  There are gay boys everywhere, shops, beaches (half way alongt Patong Beach near the watchtower, restuarants, etc.  You don't have to hit the sleaziest bars.....

Thanks Jimbob :-)

• 2 weeks later...

And any info given now on specifics will likely be outdated before the end of the year there.... Biz is way off and that affects everything from places to stay to availability of both commercial and non-commercial guys

• 2 weeks later...

I have been reading recently in the Bangkok Post and elsewhere about the serious decline in tourism to Phuket, and the failure of tourists to return following the tsunami. We are told that tourism businesses are waiting for the high season, but with hotel occupancy rates of 20%, I question how many of them will be able to wait for the high season ?

How much of the commercial gay scene remains in Patong ? What about prices for the various services provided ?

And, are there any new developments in Amphoe Muang (Phuket Town)? On the east side of the island, it should be safe from the next tsunami !

Oh .... but assuming Sea Hag and Sphinx are still open (in 6 months) they are great choices for people already partnered before arriving in Phuket.

And since the Nation Party will be in Phuket in Nov. I bet even if a few places close before then someone will open them anew.