Thailand/scotland

Shuguk

Soooooo knowledgeable........

....... and YOU, such a newbie :D

It didn't take a great deal of searching. I found all that just by scrolling down this forum page. He didn't close the 'Pappaya monk' topic as such, but he did post a  :)

He would if he could. I leave you to it. I'm off to watch the match.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It didn't take a great deal of searching. I found all that just by scrolling down this forum page. He didn't close the 'Pappaya monk' topic as such, but he did post a :)

I predict a win for Bayern.

(Kiss of death !)

It didn't take a great deal of searching. I found all that just by scrolling down this forum page. He didn't close the 'Pappaya monk' topic as such, but he did post a :)

I predict a win for Bayern.

(Kiss of death !)

Bugger ! Got that one wrong.

Congratulations to the "Chosen One" - remarkable treble.

Have a nice haggis :)

Scotland has more than enough heart disease thanks....but at least also offers a belief in democracy and elected government...has a police force who would happily break up a demo without killing the protesters or running away/joining them.....the one thing we share in common with Thailand is the quality of our neighbours.

There would be a parallel if the Scots had ever:

Voted the SNP into power

Then had the SNP removed from power by a coup

Voted in the SNP again

Then had their government dismantled

Then formed a new government which was again dismantled

Then had to put up with a government that was selected by the London elite

I don't support the reds at all but you have to look at things from their eyes.

There would appear to be many parallels,

teenage pregnancy rates,

alcohol/substance abuse,

unhealthy food,

a language hard to understand,

dysfunctional famalies,

politicians of questionable morality,

a former ousted leader who splits public opinion in two.

Scotland may indeed be the Issan of the UK.

I agree with that. Beautiful countryside, wonderful hard-working people and a long way from the seat of government. Devolution for Issan......which brings us back to my point of this thread......thank you. Just do it peacefully.

Shug

teenage pregnancy rates,

alcohol/substance abuse,

unhealthy food,

dysfunctional famalies,

Scotland certainly has places where this is true but its no different than any other first world country in this respect. Issan? Widespread corruption, poverty and debt just not the same thing.

Difficult to understand eh? You should try brummie or have a chat with a Cornishman as most Thais speak English better.

Questionable morality and politicians...umm key requirement for the job i believe.

Poor people in Scotland have an unhealthy diet just the same as almost everywhere. But I would say the diet is much better in Thailand than Scotland.

Are you speaking about your own dysfunctional family otherwise how do you know? :)

teenage pregnancy rates,

alcohol/substance abuse,

unhealthy food,

dysfunctional famalies,

And none of the above happens in any of the other home countries.

Scotland has more than enough heart disease thanks....but at least also offers a belief in democracy and elected government...has a police force who would happily break up a demo without killing the protesters or running away/joining them.....the one thing we share in common with Thailand is the quality of our neighbours.

I never knew Laos and Cambodia subsidized Thailand.

Where do you think the cheap labour comes from?

Where do you think the cheap labour comes from?

If your referring to MP's,Scotland.

No resemblance at all!

The Scots have for the last 13 years been bought and paid for by the English thanks to the Scottish Mafia wing of the Labour party. Without the ENGLISH money Scotland would cease to exist. Why do you think that donkey in charge of the SNP has never pushed for complete autonomy ? Because he knows that without the huge cash subsidies from the English Scotland would go broke.

To try to compare what is happening here in Thailand is senseless. The SNP didn't achieve anything by non violence they were handed it on a plate to help push though decisions in Parliament.

The only comparison between the two is that in Issan they get drunk on Lao Kaow and in Glasgow it is Buckfast :) Oh and it is a dam_n site safer in Issan than it is in Goven !

LMFAO, you sound like a typical clueless englishman who believes all the bullshit fed to you by consecutive UK goverments, lets see where england would be without all the Scottish gas & oil money from the last 30 odd years. The SNP are a bunch of halfwits, just like all politicians, and have no interest in Scotland, they just want to get on the EU gravy train.

Brigante7 (Scottish and proud of it)

No resemblance at all!

The Scots have for the last 13 years been bought and paid for by the English thanks to the Scottish Mafia wing of the Labour party. Without the ENGLISH money Scotland would cease to exist. Why do you think that donkey in charge of the SNP has never pushed for complete autonomy ? Because he knows that without the huge cash subsidies from the English Scotland would go broke.

To try to compare what is happening here in Thailand is senseless. The SNP didn't achieve anything by non violence they were handed it on a plate to help push though decisions in Parliament.

The only comparison between the two is that in Issan they get drunk on Lao Kaow and in Glasgow it is Buckfast :) Oh and it is a dam_n site safer in Issan than it is in Goven !

LMFAO, you sound like a typical clueless englishman who believes all the bullshit fed to you by consecutive UK goverments, lets see where england would be without all the Scottish gas & oil money from the last 30 odd years. The SNP are a bunch of halfwits, just like all politicians, and have no interest in Scotland, they just want to get on the EU gravy train.

Its interesting to note the last Tory government never attempted to give Scotland independence when it would have virtually guaranteed them re-election in Westminster for the next thousand years or so. Why was that hmmm oil and gas? Surely not....!

The countdown begins :)

I can hardly wait. :D

Newbies...where would we be without 'em?

stuck listening to your supercilious crap?

your hours wasted on thai visa lend you little authority.

The countdown begins :)

I can hardly wait. :D

Newbies...where would we be without 'em?

stuck listening to your supercilious crap?

your hours wasted on thai visa lend you little authority.

Kindly move this sort of off-topic bickering in the appropriate thread so that we can concentrate on the mindless inanities of the topic.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Topic-Thread-t217712.html

I think the weather in Scotland is more varied and interesting.

I prefer Scotland because the Thai people there are nicer than the Scots in Thailand, with one or two helpful exceptions.

I can't imagine why Thai people would go to Scotland, though, except for the food and the weather, but I understand most Scots come here for the birds

SC

I was going to give some credits for not mentioning the gas and oil.But now they've been revoked.I often wondered why the US hasn't invaded you yet!

Maybe because we made the U.S. a number of years ago?

Duuno, what do you think pal?

I would be wary of making comparisons between a post agrarian society that went through an Industrial Revolution and a economy which which is still significantly based on agriculture.

Nah - go for it, mate! I would.

Draw inappropriate comparisons;

Compare apples and oranges (sorry to bring religion into it)

Compare Toyota with NEC; Eilan Donan and the Grand Palace. Som Tam and White Pudding.

Throw caution to the wind! Live a little. Take a trip on the mild side

SC

No resemblance at all!

Its interesting to note the last Tory government never attempted to give Scotland independence when it would have virtually guaranteed them re-election in Westminster for the next thousand years or so. Why was that hmmm oil and gas? Surely not....!

Not sure where you're from Smokie36 but the reason the last Tory goverment didn't "give" Scotland it's independence is because nobody can give Scotland it's independence, we have to take it for ourselves and to be honest I don't trust the SNP as far as I could throw them so it's better the devil you know.

Brigante7.

^ Fair point Brigante. The last time a referendum on independence was held in the 70's many people couldn't even be bothered to vote, my parents included. I used to be very much in favour but I've lost interest now I spend very little time in Scotland and the political apathy has worn me down over the years.

Maybe a few more years of Tory misrule and the Scots will be pushed into it but I'm long gone from it by then....

Where's Scotland ?

Can someone help me please

And on that piece of juvenile silliness can the moderators please close this thead. I`ve had a couple of pints of Tennants lager, which is maybe a couple less than master Snapo. I hope he reads his contribution when he grows up.

Shug