Fire Damage

losworld

I hope not. What a waste of tax payers funds. Don't people realize that government assistance is simply stealing money from one group of people to give to another? Why should my wife's taxed baht go to helping your friend when the roads are so bumpy and in need of repair in so many places?

Edited by TheItaliann

I hope not. What a waste of tax payers funds. Don't people realize that government assistance is simply stealing money from one group of people to give to another? Why should my wife's taxed baht go to helping your friend when the roads are so bumpy and in need of repair in so many places?

Haven't you ever heard of emergency disaster funds? Geesh what an attitude!

So if an individual business gets unlucky then nobody cares but if a bunch of them get unlucky at the same time it is a sob story and they need government help?

Let me welcome everyone who lost money to the business world. You have risk in business. You assess risk and roll the dice like everyone else. You got unlucky. Take your lumps like a man.

And I know that the vast majority of these "protesting business owners" agree and know what i just wrote is true. They are simply hustling. If they can go on TV and cry about how they are poor now (they probably have twenty other shops) then maybe they will get something out of it.

Because the person in question actually employs people? Provides services? Pays Taxes and generates the funds the government uses to pave roads?

Because the person in question was damaged due to the government failing to enforce the law? Yet it expects the business to follow the law, pay taxes, continue paying salaries to employees even though the business is closed to protect the lives of those employees while the government and those paid to serve and protect (collect?) do nothing...

Because every civilized government in the world provides such disaster relief so businesses can get back to work...

If you want smooth roads, you can go fill in the holes yourself - 'cause you know, having government paying for roads for you is just stealing from ME to benefit you. And since you mention only your wife's taxed Baht, you must not be working or paying taxes, so you having a nice smooth road doesn't benefit anyone useful to Thailand does it. Are these bad roads even public roads? Is it possible those roads are just so heavily damaged because they are used by big heavy buses taking kee nok farang to the border to cross and reenter so they can avoid getting work permits and paying taxes? If thats the case, maybe you can convince those people to chip in for better roads since they aren't paying taxes... so no one is taxing them (or stealing from them to build roads for you to put it into your context)

OP - the business owner should contact the BMA to get instructions, I think the Government was saying that they want relief applications this weekend through Monday. Not sure if the Finance Ministry or BMA has any concrete plans yet of what any relief will be, but they are supposed to be announcing soon. Many small businesses will close and tons of people will be out of work if they don't come up with something soon, so hopefully there will be details and funds soon. I suggest that she shouldn't wait, she should try to get an application in as soon as possible. I guess from your question that she doesn't have insurance ?

All I've heard is they are trying to set up a low interest loan for affected peoples, but their main concern now is to get the roads cleared of bombs+get food and water to the people in the danger zone (who have lived without food-because they cant get out- and water-because government turn of water and electricity in certain areas).

So if an individual business gets unlucky then nobody cares but if a bunch of them get unlucky at the same time it is a sob story and they need government help?

Let me welcome everyone who lost money to the business world. You have risk in business. You assess risk and roll the dice like everyone else. You got unlucky. Take your lumps like a man.

And I know that the vast majority of these "protesting business owners" agree and know what i just wrote is true. They are simply hustling. If they can go on TV and cry about how they are poor now (they probably have twenty other shops) then maybe they will get something out of it.

Who pissed in your cereal this morning? :)

Edited by losworld