Register A Thai Sole Trader Business

I know this has been covered in previous threads, but I have been unable to locate a step-by-step explanation of the process.

For (not important) banking reasons, my Thai partner needs to be able to prove a monthly business income/salary. The easiest way for her to do this is to register a new sole trader business, paying the required tax/social fund payments each month. I've come up with a good online business idea that is very cheap to start, low risk, manageable by her and within reasonable chances of making a decent profit!

But what is the process that she has to follow to register a Thai sole trader business, such as documents to submit (submit where?), registration fees etc?

Note that I will play no part in this venture. It's a one-woman business :)

Thanks for any advice

Simon

Simon, I'm no expert but I think you might be ahead if you go with the whole shoe. I can't imagine any Thais wanting to trade a worn-out sole for another worn out sole. Each customer runs the risk of getting a sole in worse shape than the one he is trading in. If the online business actually offered PAIRS of new soles or new shoes with new soles, it would do more business, I think. And consider expanding the business outside of Thailand as well. If you are going to offer soles in Thailand, why restrict your online customer base to Thais only? It is a big world out there and most of the inhabitants wear shoes. With that in mind, please consider offering the entire shoe instead of just the soles and making it available throughout the world. The name could go something like "Thai Shoe Trader Company, World Wide Exporters". Your current name, Thai Sole Trader Business is kind of a put-off, I think. The whole thing kind of reminds me of a Newtonia Underwear Exchange or something like that, you know? Not at all appealing.

If you are dead set on going with the Thai Sole Trader thing, I think you should at least offer the option of new soles for purchase. Some people may need different soles but would feel better if they have new instead of used. Maybe you could offer some kind of trade-in allowance for the old soles.

Well, I hope I have helped. I'm pretty good at this stuff, as you can see. As for your questions about how to register it or set the thing up, I have no idea. Good luck with that.

Edited by kandahar

Thank you for your comments. I can't say that they have been helpful. I will discuss with my partner as to the sanity of your post :)

Simon

Simon, I enjoy reading your posts. I read them often. I also know that you have a sense of humor. Thanks for contributing your thoughts in the past and for sharing your business experiences/ideas with the rest of us.

Here is the only link I could find on your query. There are probably others but I found this and with the phone numbers and addresses it supplies, I think you can get answers to your questions.

I Googled "Thailand Sole Trader Application". The link is:

http://thailand.angloinfo.com/countries/th...nd/business.asp

I would think that you have run across this website before. But with the info provided on this site, you can run down the exact answers to your question.

Best of luck to you.

kandahar

thanks - that link only has minimal information re sole trader. I guess the quickest route is maybe for her to visit the Tessaban and ask them - i understand that registering a Thai sole trader costs a pitifully small amount.

I will let you know how her footwear manufacturing business proceeds :)

Simon

thanks - that link only has minimal information re sole trader. I guess the quickest route is maybe for her to visit the Tessaban and ask them - i understand that registering a Thai sole trader costs a pitifully small amount.

I will let you know how her footwear manufacturing business proceeds :)

Simon

You are welcome. Sorry it didn't help you more.

Footwear is timeless. There is ALWAYS a market for footwear. Put me down for two new soles, matching, preferably.

kandahar