Thai Government Accuses Foreigners In Bangkok Arson

webfact

Seems everyone is ignoring the elephant in the room,

This could influence future regulation and mindset, if only on a subconscious level, that it may not be in Thailand's best interest anymore to be farang friendly, maybe even a liability.

Like many have commented, they don't look at any one individuals action, but group us all as a collective.

We're only as good as the worse link, and having someone publicly decry burning down Thai assets, no matter the circumstances at the very least affects perception on how we all are viewed.

:)

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thairath on the Flying Dutchman:

630.jpg

http://www.thairath.co.th/content/region/84444

Google translate Thai-English:

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y...sl=th&tl=en

(the google translation makes no readable sense though)

Seems like he was quick on shaving his head. He HAD hair in the video though...

I believe he was in the background of the video with a white shirt and black trousers - not the younger guy with the green t-shirt.

630.jpg

Seems like he was quick on shaving his head. He HAD hair in the video though... If it really is the same guy then.

Anyway... He's probably going down Davy Jones locker by now.

Looks like he "fell down" and had a little "accident."

630.jpg

Seems like he was quick on shaving his head. He HAD hair in the video though...

Anyway... He's probably going down Davy Jones locker by now.

I believe he was in the background of the video with a white shirt and black trousers - not the younger guy with the green t-shirt.

Aww...!

You're right. I believe most of the audience were focusing on the tall lad in the green shirt. But the balled guy at the end do really look like the one on the picture. Ok... Misunderstandings sorted out then.

Edited by xenomorph

This has certainly saddened me.

I love Thailand my home, especially good ole Chiang Mai and to see some a/hole desecrating the place, really angers me and hurts.

What’s the difference between an English cocksucker and a Dutch cocksucker, NONE.

I hold no prejudices against any nationality, provided they have some decency and a few brain cells. That’s all what really matters.

Edited by BigWheelMan

This could influence future regulation and mindset, if only on a subconscious level, that it may not be in Thailand's best interest anymore to be farang friendly, maybe even a liability.

Like many have commented, they don't look at any one individuals action, but group us all as a collective.

We're only as good as the worse link, and having someone publicly decry burning down Thai assets, no matter the circumstances at the very least affects perception on how we all are viewed.

:)

:D difficult to ignore with all the elephant sh*t on the floor.

This has certainly saddened me.

I love Thailand my home, especially good ole Chiang Mai and to see some a/hole desecrationing the place, really angers me and hurts.

Whats the difference between an English cocksucker and a Dutch cocksucker, NONE.

Exactly!

That's why I posted about the Dutch guy, to somehow calm down the lynch mob against the Briton. As stated in a posting here... To the Thais, we all look like farangs. Just like asians looks like chineese to all westerners at home. One stupid "chineese" and all "chineese" are criminals. The problem is that all of us here are living in a third world country, where the mentality has net yet reached western standards where a powerful establishment are doing all they can to keep racism down. That's why I believe it's important that we have this discussion on how guests to this country should behave. While at the same time we should condemn those of "us" who doesn't behave. It may sound like we all belong to some kind of homogeneous sect, which we don't. But through the eyes of the native population here, we do. It's important for the continuous whereabouts here that we should somewhat organize in a society that could do statements like condemn actions from others of us. Groups of immigrants do have these associations in our home countries. So why wouldn't be a good idea to start one here? ThaiVisa is an excellent platform where we all gather. Could we agree on making a Farang association (community) as well? For the good of every sound and seriuos expat here in this country...?

Abroad, there are Black Communities, Chinese Communities, Arab Communities, etc etc...

So why not a Farang Community here in Thailand?

Right now, we're just a bunch of lose goats in a foreign country, on a continent far, far away.

Edited by xenomorph

On one hand, that git deserves to spend some time locked up. On the other hand, the Thai government seems to be exaggerating things quite a bit.

This man was crazy and alterate but, tell me. how many in theyr life dont say something......non conventional when they are alterate for somethings?

Now uf we want put in jail all people talk crazy.......the world is a big jail dont you think?

Opsss i dont understand people like that that talk in front a camera in a country different of then country!! crazy and stupid yes him is!

:):D Leave it to the brits.

First, let’s note that Mr. Savage was at the red-shirt demonstration at ASEAN in April 2009 and seems to be attacking the police, a crime:

So he’s been at this for some time. At the time of recent turmoil in BKK, he was around here and there. Here’s a pic near an overpass:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/post-a114193-.html

And he’s a participant in the BBC interview:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8683939.stm

The Andy McGinley video is here:

in which Mr. Savage announces intentions to burn down Central World. He later admits according to this interview that he expressed that intention with no regrets:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/...dy-Bangkok.html

and was present at the Channel 3 burning, so he does have evidence to give.

OK, a few replies:

@Clown: I think the British guy heard someone else talk about setting fire and then repeated the words, as heard in the video. Now he's going to be used as a scapegoat.

Blame the farangs for the problems.

No, it went further than just repeating. No, he isn’t being used as a scapegoat. No, farangs are not being blamed for the problems. Thaksin is getting most of the blame, isn't he?

Savage didn’t say “they.” He said “we.” What and who did he know? Does he have looted goods at his hovel in PTY? Obviously he needs to be questioned and probably charged w/ breaking a number of laws as posters above have explained.

@NADTATIDA1: For the Thai Government to come out with this statement shows how stupid they really are,what actual evidence have they got to come out with this stupid statement..

See above. The evidence is more than adequate. The Thai government is so far acting correctly and reasonably towards Mr. Savage.

@TheBarbarian: A youtube video? What a joke, it could have been cut fifteen times and taken out of context.

The subsequent interview with him makes clear that he claims credit for what he said. He offers some cowardly excuses. The original video I understand has been given to police. No joke at all, pal.

@Oceano: Now uf we want put in jail all people talk crazy.

Some speech is against the law. Also he did more than just talk; he was participating. He was even working without a permit. :)

@whiterussian: After all, prostitution is illegal.

No, a recent poster in another thread quoted Thai law and found that prostitution per se isn’t illegal. Seems you don’t know what you’re talking about. And Mr. Savage’s is another legal case.

How about farang working illegally?, thats a good one,

OK, then, Savage admitted he was being paid by the Red Shirts to transport supplies.

@Pui: Saying he is to blame for what happened is ridiculous.

Well, that’s why nobody said that.

@jaideeguy: The men also had been allowed to keep their mobile phones

The phones have been taken away and the men are doubled up in their houses. They haven’t yet been formally charged, so they aren’t in jail.

@tracer5050: You go with your mates , sit in the vehicle and they rob a bank. Guess what you robbed it to. You get to go to jail with them.

Good point.

@oceano: Sorry i understand that...so what they do next? put in jail the 70% of thai people, because all them was in the same car till 4 days ago...or i wrong?

You wrong, and have been shown to be wrong.

@britmaveric: As if he had anything to do with it - simply an attention seeker.

He did love attention, but he also had something to do with it. Not a lot, certainly, but enough to be arrested and questioned and probably charged if they wish. He admits transporting supplies, for example. Nor can you be certain that he doesn't have a few Rolexes from Central World hidden under his bed. Gold seemed very much on his mind; probably hard up.

@thaibkk: funny how so many people think that poor and uneducated red farmers can even understand English

Does Savage speak English? :D But he has a Thai wife to serve as translator.

@TonyBkk: I wonder if he even fully understood the situation,

No, but he thought he did and that conviction was sufficient for him to incite and participate illegally.

@Zebo: I wonder how many of the red-shirts said exactly the same sort of thing... my guess is thousands.

Most were smarter than to get into the news media. And they weren’t foreigners, expressly forbidden to get involved.

This guy is obviously a total moron, but to pick him out because he is white is just plain racist.

That isn’t the reason and other posters have shown you that racism isn’t involved.

@Thai at Heart: So one idiot farang has become the issue because he was caught on video, whilst the government has given free pass to protesters to return to their residence

He’s not THE issue by any means. Where did you get that idea? The other protesters were in a different situation. Most were nonviolent and didn’t express intention in the media to commit violence, etc.

spud1: Is'nt there a thread just like this one somewhere else on TV.

Yep, let’s do it again!

@SiriusBlack1: Guess he came in on a one-week jolly, thought he could be a part of history, enjoy the adrenaline rush, then go back and brag to his mates back home about what a big noise he was.

Not at all. He’s been here a while and even has a Thai wife. He participated in the ASEAN protest. He’s committed to the red shirts. This separates him from the average English yob in Pattaya.

@moto77: I think he heard it on stage and parroted it back.

Impossible, far as we know, as no one on the stage threatened to burn down Central World.

@NADTATIDA1: To think a lot of people on this thread actually think that some guy from London is the issue

Nobody thinks that, why?

@mrsouza: We're supposed to be on the same page here, supposedly.

Well, but lots of us are completely off the page!

@Jboras: the errosion of their culture started when wannabe gangsters such as this looney take advanatage of the lax Thai laws that allows them to be the best people in the world.

Best people in the world. Cough. And your theory is in essence a naïve Noble Savage myth. The more modern and international Thailand gets, the better. Why should such a large population remain in abject poverty so that you can feel charmed?

Edited by JSixpack

arresting a foreigner (or two) on some phoney charges sets a precedent to be used against them at anytime in the future, whatever the context might be - car accident, bar brawl, pickpocketing, credit card fraud etc

You're suffering from paranoia. Arresting a guy who publically announced he's going to torch and loot Central before the building was actually destroyed hardly sets a precedent for foreigners to be arrested on phoney charges.

He would've been arrested in any country for same.

The <British national> says "we'll steal the gold & the watches" Almost as if he knew the future.

Prision would be good for him. Wonder if he'll still be angry when he gets out?

Edited by raro
flame removed

arresting a foreigner (or two) on some phoney charges sets a precedent to be used against them at anytime in the future, whatever the context might be - car accident, bar brawl, pickpocketing, credit card fraud etc

You're suffering from paranoia. Arresting a guy who publically announced he's going to torch and loot Central before the building was actually destroyed hardly sets a precedent for foreigners to be arrested on phoney charges.

He would've been arrested in any country for same.

I recall that posters here in the past said that Thais suffered from xenophobia. Mr. Savage is an excellent example for feeding their phobia even more, if it's true then.

Edited by xenomorph

First, let’s note that Mr. Savage was at the red-shirt demonstration at ASEAN in April 2009 and seems to be attacking the police, a crime:

So he’s been at this for some time. At the time of recent turmoil in BKK, he was around here and there. Here’s a pic near an overpass:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/post-a114193-.html

And he’s a participant in the BBC interview:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8683939.stm

The Andy McGinley video is here:

in which Mr. Savage announces intentions to burn down Central World. He later admits according to this interview that he expressed that intention with no regrets:

and was present at the Channel 3 burning, so he does have evidence to give.

OK, a few replies:

@Clown: I think the British guy heard someone else talk about setting fire and then repeated the words, as heard in the video. Now he's going to be used as a scapegoat.

Blame the farangs for the problems.

No, it went further than just repeating. No, he isn’t being used as a scapegoat. No, farangs are not being blamed for the problems. Thaksin is getting most of the blame, isn't he?

Savage didn’t say “they.” He said “we.” What and who did he know? Does he have looted goods at his hovel in PTY? Obviously he needs to be questioned and probably charged w/ breaking a number of laws as posters above have explained.

@NADTATIDA1: For the Thai Government to come out with this statement shows how stupid they really are,what actual evidence have they got to come out with this stupid statement..

See above. The evidence is more than adequate. The Thai government is so far acting correctly and reasonably towards Mr. Savage.

@TheBarbarian: A youtube video? What a joke, it could have been cut fifteen times and taken out of context.

The subsequent interview with him makes clear that he claims credit for what he said. He offers some cowardly excuses. The original video I understand has been given to police. No joke at all, pal.

@Oceano: Now uf we want put in jail all people talk crazy.

Some speech is against the law. Also he did more than just talk; he was participating. He was even working without a permit. :)

@whiterussian: After all, prostitution is illegal.

No, a recent poster in another thread quoted Thai law and found that prostitution per se isn’t illegal. Seems you don’t know what you’re talking about. And Mr. Savage’s is another legal case.

How about farang working illegally?, thats a good one,

OK, then, Savage admitted he was being paid by the Red Shirts to transport supplies.

@Pui: Saying he is to blame for what happened is ridiculous.

Well, that’s why nobody said that.

@jaideeguy: The men also had been allowed to keep their mobile phones

The phones have been taken away and the men are doubled up in their houses. They haven’t yet been formally charged, so they aren’t in jail.

@tracer5050: You go with your mates , sit in the vehicle and they rob a bank. Guess what you robbed it to. You get to go to jail with them.

Good point.

@oceano: Sorry i understand that...so what they do next? put in jail the 70% of thai people, because all them was in the same car till 4 days ago...or i wrong?

You wrong, and have been shown to be wrong.

@britmaveric: As if he had anything to do with it - simply an attention seeker.

He did love attention, but he also had something to do with it. Not a lot, certainly, but enough to be arrested and questioned and probably charged if they wish. He admits transporting supplies, for example. Nor can you be certain that he doesn't have a few Rolexes from Central World hidden under his bed. Gold seemed very much on his mind; probably hard up.

@thaibkk: funny how so many people think that poor and uneducated red farmers can even understand English

Does Savage speak English? :D But he has a Thai wife to serve as translator.

@TonyBkk: I wonder if he even fully understood the situation,

No, but he thought he did and that conviction was sufficient for him to incite and participate illegally.

@Zebo: I wonder how many of the red-shirts said exactly the same sort of thing... my guess is thousands.

Most were smarter than to get into the news media. And they weren’t foreigners, expressly forbidden to get involved.

This guy is obviously a total moron, but to pick him out because he is white is just plain racist.

That isn’t the reason and other posters have shown you that racism isn’t involved.

@Thai at Heart: So one idiot farang has become the issue because he was caught on video, whilst the government has given free pass to protesters to return to their residence

He’s not THE issue by any means. Where did you get that idea? The other protesters were in a different situation. Most were nonviolent and didn’t express intention in the media to commit violence, etc.

spud1: Is'nt there a thread just like this one somewhere else on TV.

Yep, let’s do it again!

@SiriusBlack1: Guess he came in on a one-week jolly, thought he could be a part of history, enjoy the adrenaline rush, then go back and brag to his mates back home about what a big noise he was.

Not at all. He’s been here a while and even has a Thai wife. He participated in the ASEAN protest. He’s committed to the red shirts. This separates him from the average English yob in Pattaya.

@moto77: I think he heard it on stage and parroted it back.

Impossible, far as we know, as no one on the stage threatened to burn down Central World.

@NADTATIDA1: To think a lot of people on this thread actually think that some guy from London is the issue

Nobody thinks that, why?

@mrsouza: We're supposed to be on the same page here, supposedly.

Well, but lots of us are completely off the page!

@Jboras: the errosion of their culture started when wannabe gangsters such as this looney take advanatage of the lax Thai laws that allows them to be the best people in the world.

Best people in the world. Cough. And your theory is in essence a naïve Noble Savage myth. The more modern Thailand gets, the better. Why should such a large population remain in abject poverty so that you can feel charmed?

Great post, but I fear your logic, diligence, common sense, and sense of decency, J6, are entirely wasted on the apologists for this guy. It sort of makes you wonder, in reaching so far to defend him, what door is it that they're actually trying to keep open? What kind of behavior by farangs in Thailand do they want to be considered acceptable? If anyone thinks or expects that Thailand is going to sit idly by and allow farangs to incite or commit violence, or in any way contribute to anarchy, their train has left the station... Even the inflammatory speech is probably best saved for after one gets home.

savage speaks in yesterday's The Sun

Why he has to open his mouth more is beyond me .He's reckless.

the end of his interview:

"The war is over for the time being. Now everybody is looking for red-shirts. But in two months time things will start up again. The attacks will begin".

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/...l#ixzz0oguXlTek

Edited by souvenirdeparis

Hopefully they make an arrest very soon.

The Thai govt issued a very stern warning at the beginning of all of this stating that foriegners had no place at the protests and rightly so. This very foolish person has brought this upon himself, society has too many people like this, hopefully he won't see the light of day for a very long time. Hope hes fond of fish head soup. :)

aside from the

m-16's/ 50's

bullet proof vests

all riot gear

sound defenses

heavy weapons

tanks\jets

helicopters

ammunition

advisors

training

electronic survailiance

etc.

etc.

etc. sold my my country to Thai military. I am involved, like it or not. hel_l I paid for those weapons w/my tax dollars, i sure as h-ll want a voice.

my vote will be cast when my friends ask if they should go to thailand ,or the Maldives.....................or bali....................or fiji.............or philipines.................or....................................cairns.........

..................or cozumel........................or.......

I must say the bloke on the u-tube video is my winner for the darwin award. my friends have a saying............"toss spot" ?...........what ever that means. It feels appropriate for this guy.

prayers to H.M. the king and family,and all law abiding good people. :D