A Golden Pr Opportunity

robbiecia

Went to visit the Ratchaprasong area today, where it was great to see the public and various celebrities and business leaders energetically engaged in a well publicized clean-up.

Those of you familiar with the area will have noticed that a major police HQ sits right near the intersection.

What were all the police doing in the area?................sitting down and doing absolutely nothing!!!!!!!!!

Even the damaged police traffic kiosk was being cleaned by the public ....while the BIB sat around watching.

The army are still present in the area, so security is fine.

With all the negative publicity towards our glorious BIB recently, Police General Somchai has lost an excellent opportunity to send out a dozen of his brave warriors with brooms to help clean-

up in front of the cameras.

Seems to me that they sat around watching it messed up, and they are sitting around watching it get cleaned up too!!!!!!!!!!

BIB are traditional Thai, that means that its the Job of the Woman to clean stuff, most probably they still don't know how to put Tooth Cream on the Brush. But at least the clean up Team was double protected. :)

I've seen the police clean up before, during Songkran. Had a big line across the road and were sweeping up the trash as they walked forward.

DP25. They were probably doing that to collect the plastic bottles, about 10b per kg or there abouts :)

The vandals knocked out traffic lights at both ends of Narawat bridge in CM last Wednesday. The police who normally sit in their little air con office and control these lights during rush hours have not seen fit to step out and direct traffic. The lights are still not repaired and no sign of any police direction at either intersection since they were knocked out. Worthless as tits on a boar hog.

I think everyone would agree that the Thai Police have been unless in this conflict. They refused to enforce the law, and can be seen as being an issue that must be address. I hope the government, as one of their "Subheadings' for the roadmap, do a serious housecleaning of this corrupt institutions.