To The Airport From Patong

siam2007

Are there any other cheaper options to get to the Airport (excluding walking ^^) than paying 600 THB to organised crime structures for a private cab ? I was surprised to learn that the Minivan-Option only operates one-way FROM the Airport, but not return. But well, maybe I was just naive..... after all, all the transport business is being controlled by organised crime syndicates....

500 baht is about right for a taxi to Patong from the airport. Turn right out of the Airport building, there is a Taxi que it has a small office just ask , they are cheaper than the ones that hassle you.

Edited by Thongkorn

Cheapest way is to get a baht bus (song-thaew) from Patong to the bus station in Phuket Town, then take the Yellow airport bus to the airport. It leaves every 60-90minutes. It takes longer but total cost should be about 120 baht.

This looks current to me:

http://www.lubsbuy.com/fromairport.htm

http://www.phuket.net/visit-phuket/tips/buses.htm This says 52 baht to the airport...I believe it's 80 baht now, and a Seangtheaw is 30-40 baht from Patong to Phuket Town I think.

Edited by ScubaBuddha

600 THB not so bad, air cond ride, nice car. no hassell

that's more than what I paid for one night in the guesthouse I was staying (and it was a VERY nice room in the middle of the action)

well, to tell the truth, I ended up accepting the guesthouse's offer to send me to the airport in their private car for 500 Baht.....

I acknowledge it is quite a ride, but then again: I was not in need to have a limousine car all for myself..... I would have been more than happy to share the ride with fellow travellers and save a couple of Baht.... at least my money went into the pockets of the friendly family who runs the place and is suffering hard from the redshit's....ermmm, pardon, redshirts activities more than thousand kilometers away, even HKT is perfectly safe and virtually everyone here (at least the natives)

is a "SUEA LUANG" supporter anyway

Edited by siam2007

I always factor in, as part of the cost of travel, the price of a taxi either end.

Costs me the best part of 50 AUD to get to the airport in Aus. It's much cheaper for a longer trip in Phuket.

I suppose it's all relative, if you live in Bkk, Phuket is a rip off.

(my next trip to the airport is when I leave permanently. The mates are queuing up to drive me. Could be a message there?)

I always factor in, as part of the cost of travel, the price of a taxi either end.

Costs me the best part of 50 AUD to get to the airport in Aus. It's much cheaper for a longer trip in Phuket.

I suppose it's all relative, if you live in Bkk, Phuket is a rip off.

(my next trip to the airport is when I leave permanently. The mates are queuing up to drive me. Could be a message there?)

you leave permanently ? pity......

honestly, I wouldn't know to WHERE I should leave. with the exception of Japan, I know all South-East Asian plus East-Asian countries very well...... and came to the conclusion: Thailand, even after what happened, is the WORST of all places to live...... but with the exception of ALL OTHERS (if u understand what I mean).

CHOK DEE Mister Croc

Considering the general price level in Phuket, I don't find 600 Baht so very expensive for a Patong-airport ride. It is a pretty long drive, traffic is heavy, and you have to go through the city traffic and then uphill/downhill to get out of Patong.

Ready to admit though I would certainly try to bargain them down to 500 Baht.

Maybe the OP has the same problem I have: been in Thailand a long time, and still thinking in the old prices. When I was charged 75 Baht for a cup of coffee outdoors in front of Jungceylon day before yesterday, I realized a lot of years have passed by.