A Few Questions On Uk Visit Visa

Hi Every one 

I have gained alot of info from this site and VFS but have a questions which dont seem to be answered

I will be sponsoring my girlfriend to come visit the UK for one month.

She has completed the application online. Does this mean a appointment has to be booked online also or can she go and 'walk in' to VFS?

We together have a long relationship and alot of evidence to back this up which covers most of the critria. The only downfall is that my GF does not have a job etc and has no reason to return to thailand as they say. The only reason we can give is that we do not want to jeopardize our future stay or applications for permanent settlement etc. Would this be sufficient? or will this not matter?

We have also been told that if the vistor visa is refused it would then be alot harder to reapply. Would it be easier if we were to marry or become engaged? Would getting married after a visitor refusal, and then re applying for a different visa be accepted?

Thanks for the help

The ECO will be looking for you to demonstrate your relationship is subsisting evidence required.

I would advise just because she has no job does not mean they will refuse her a visa.

Include contact/phone records/emails/ support .

Evidence of visits etc.

She has completed the application online. Does this mean a appointment has to be booked online also or can she go and 'walk in' to VFS?
From the VAC site.
Applicants can either make an online appointment to attend the visa application centre, or attend on a first-come, first-served basis. You can book your appointment online by using the "schedule an appointment" link on this website and follow the instructions. By booking your appointment online you will be added to the priority queue.
The only reason we can give is that we do not want to jeopardize our future stay or applications for permanent settlement etc. Would this be sufficient? or will this not matter?
Many people have been successful in this position; giving the reasons you state.

In your sponsor's letter briefly describe the history of your relationship, the reason for the visit at this time and your plans for the future. Provide lot's of evidence of contact; phone bills, e-mails etc. and some photos of the two of you together if you have them. Also a copy of your passport to show how often you have visited Thailand.

We have also been told that if the visitor visa is refused it would then be a lot harder to reapply. Would it be easier if we were to marry or become engaged? Would getting married after a visitor refusal, and then re applying for a different visa be accepted?
Told by whom? Each application is treated on it's own merits and a previous refusal is no bar to applying again, though obviously if applying in the same category you will need to satisfactorily deal with the reason(s) for the refusal.

Do not marry or become engaged simply to get her a visa; do it because you want to spend the rest of your lives together.