The Worlds Most Advanced Gif Animation

george

You wanna see something REALLY wild? Try tiling that gif on your (active) desktop, or as a background image in an HTML document.. (and make the viewer quite large).. I didn't try it yet, but to my eyes, that's a "motion-correct" tilable image.. elements passing offscreen on one edge appear on the opposing side..

As a stand-alone image, it's hard to grasp; as a fully tilable one, it's just off the scale!

Edited by SiangDeeMahk

Wow, the bottom lines up with the top and the left side with the right side: you can tile them inifinitely! Amazing...

Yup.. and it's not even based on fractals (which are infinite, and if you really try to think about them too much, your head WILL explode with a logic overload)

This link (click here) will take you to a page with an animated GIF of a fractal zoom. It's a 25meg file!

Some nice static images of rendered fractals:

fire-storm-small.png267466119_a65073cc1e.jpg

Edited by SiangDeeMahk

Definitely Rube Goldberg inspired.

Rube made dozens of similar PHYSICAL and totally working gizmoes like this.

All mechanically functional to do some job, like make and serve a full breakfast etc.

Utter wastes of time and energy compared to just doing it as a normal human might,

but all also visual masterpieces of design, constriction and visual humor. He would

get interviewed and then demonstrate the new devices, and people would just sit dumbfounded.

Since then we have seem Wallace and Grommit's machines, like the breakfast system,

and those music animations with hundreds of odd things playing 3D animated 'instruments'

in perfect sync to music.

But it mostly all goes back to Rube Goldberg.

I stared at the tiled image for a while..

I'm fairly convinced you could use it to assist in the approximations of barfine calculation.

Either that, or it's an animated blueprint of what's actually happening to your luggage at Suvarnabhumi airport (while you trek endlessly across acres of King Power stores on the way to a departure gate).

Luggage%20Transport.jpgoops2.png

...hardely breaking news though, this gif has been around for years. It's not even the most advanced.

IMHO the stick man fighting to get through the door is light years ahead of this. Can't remember the name but I have a copy somewhere. If I can find it I will post it. It is very old too!