Urgent - Buy Us Dollars In Pattaya

kuma

Does anyone know where to buy small denomination US dollars in Pattaya - or Bkk for that reason if not in Pattaya

I am heading to Cambodia and want some dollars - I spent almost 3 hours today looking and there is nothing available form banks except 100's, in fact it seems all the 100's on earth are here, that is all there is - who is hoarding the small bills and where can I get some?

Thanks in advance

Try TT Money Changers just past the kebab stands on the right side of 2nd Road about 100m from Pattaya Tai. Their office is bright yellow. They will gladly sell you US dollars and they have the very best exchange rates in Pattaya too. I've bought small denomination US bills from them before and they are more than happy to get rid of them. Failing that, if you are flying to Cambodia the airport money changer near the check in counters will sell you small denomination US bills.

Edited by tropo

Try TT Money Changers just past the kebab stands on the right side of 2nd Road about 100m from Pattaya Tai. Their office is bright yellow. They will gladly sell you US dollars and they have the very best exchange rates in Pattaya too. I've bought small denomination US bills from them before and they are more than happy to get rid of them. Failing that, if you are flying to Cambodia the airport money changer near the check in counters will sell you small denomination US bills.

Thanks for posting that, it is useful to know.

Thanks for posting that, it is useful to know.

I've done the rounds and they were always offering the best rates. In addition they are the friendliest money changers in town and they don't get you to sign anything either. They're always a pleasure to deal with. For people who are shy to be changing large amounts out on the street, they have an airconditioned office inside where you can do it discreetly. No one else comes close when it comes to money changing. You can watch them hand count it and then put it in a counting machine - twice.

If you want to feel safe best place in Thailand is Bank of Ayudhya the main office there if they don't have order a day before. That's if you need alot and want to feel sure there are no forged notes, but if you wanted alot 10k-100k go to their head office Rama 3 Bangkok. They can change large amounts of almost any civilized currency USD YEN EUR AUD etc in about 5 minutes.

Just an update, I did try the TT money changers mentioned above, and the service was great. They had exactly what I wanted, open at 9 am, pleasant service - what more to say.

I did not try the other suggestion because this worked out well.

Also, yes it is the case that USD is easily obtained in ATM's and as change (over $1) when you shop/eat/drink etc (at least in PP). But I will still take $ when I go next time and good to know this exchange exists.

Thanks for the replies.