A Premeditated Plan To Burn Bangkok

webfact

Probably special forces that can blend in with the enemy. :)

And it would be foollish NOT to have special forces out, because they would better know

how to deal with the EX. special forces hiding in the shadows arrayed against the army regulars.

I don't think I've ever seen 'special forces' types wearing shorts and t-shirts while in action.

I know that guy...He`s a motor cycle taxi driver in my street.... must have been his day off..!!

Try calling it "Urban Camoflage"...

sure a lot less standout in the street than jungle camo....

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The govt. has admitted it knew that buildings were likely to be torched during crackdown. Yet, it shut water off that supplied fire suppression systems in Central World and others. Why did the govt. insist that the burnings must be successful?

Did the government actually turn off the water?

They talked about it a couple of days before the end of the protests, then they didn't do it because it would effect the residents and businesses in the area. I don't remember reading anything that says that the water was turned off.

That's what I remember.

And I also remember that they couldn't let firefighters in to put things out,

because snipers were still shooting at anyone and everyone not in a black shirt.

I dont deny this could be true but unfortunately we never get to hear the reds point of view..so its always one sided information.

The Red Shirts point of view was patently obvious by their Anarchistic actions.

You are not going to find the Red point of view on govt/military TV and the tightly controlled media in Thailand. You have to rely on the international press to get a fair view of politics in Thailand. Many Thais and indeed many farang in Thailand actually believe the Thai press, strange as that may seem. The best way is to talk with the Reds themselves, mostly lovely people. Sure, as in the civil rights protests in America, some of the protesters are violent (Black Panthers, Weather Underground, etc.) But, ultimately, the fight for democracy will be worth it and the end of military domination in Thai politics will be heaven sent.

You're right, they are actually very lovely people. If you can look past the fact they burned down our city and have shown no remorse whatsoever, I'm sure you can see that they're really nice people.

Premeditated by who - my money is on Thaksin

seconded, call him ..

..."The Coach"..

Or the "Puppet Master"

Or considering the pseudo-Godhead cult of personality surrounding Thaksin,

maybe better called :

"Muppet Pasteur"

Oh lord Thaksin, verily we strive to live in your heaven sent image of riches and indolence.

We bring Burnt Offerings; The wages of your enemies sins for not believing in your magnificence

Let your manna from heavenly patronage, rain down on our reddened consciousness.

yada yada yada.

Edited by animatic

The rich Thai Chinese have won this battle. But I suppose the war is not over. The poor Thai will stage a come back. Not sure when.

IF I put a red saying here, then I rather say this is a 'class conflict'.

perhaps elements are similar, but will be completely different consequences if it is between different ethics groups.

full stop, please !

The rich Thai Chinese have won this battle. But I suppose the war is not over. The poor Thai will stage a come back. Not sure when.

You are probably correct. And yes, the battle is not over. As in my country, the poor will, for the most part, remain poor. The poor are not the major players here. Cheers.

This must be 'the rich Thai Chinese....excluding Thaksin'.

The poor Thai are the workers of Bangkok who lost their jobs because your red mates burned them out.

Got anything else to sell Ms 'Not sure when' ?

Not according to the Australian Embassy; they said he tends toward gross exaggeration.

Are you saying that the Thai government is feeding grossly exaggerated information

Why would the Thai government do that? I see no reason other that to tell the truth to the Thai people.

FYI, PRD is not ASTV or PTV.

oh please don't be so naive, governments the world over tell their citizens only what they want them to hear.

Just look back at some of the announcements coming out of the CRES from the DPM during the demo

Not according to the Australian Embassy; they said he tends toward gross exaggeration.

Are you saying that the Thai government is feeding grossly exaggerated information

Why would the Thai government do that? I see no reason other that to tell the truth to the Thai people.

oh please don't be so naive, governments the world over tell their citizens only what they want them to hear.

Just look back at some of the announcements coming out of the CRES from the DPM during the demo

The Red idiots burned the city down. Fact. No government exagerration.

Instead of earlier boasting about their achievement, the red apologists are now desperate to shake off the responsibility for organising the burning down of Bangkok.

If they cannot do this, then they are politically finished.

This is why a wave of reds have come on to this thread to push the '1%, it wasn't the real reds who did it' lie.

The other red layer, prattle on about 'oh I am not so sure...'

or even 'I am not a red but all governments lie....'

Every one of them is trying to get the Bangkok Burning sh_t off their shoes.

But all they do is walk it all over the carpet.

Edited by yoshiwara

Although the article only mentions the role of the BIB on a couple of occasions,it would appear to anyone unaware of the situation in Thailand,that the BIB were actively assisting the red shirts.This surely must be a major embarrassment to the Thai government,who will face a very difficult task in implementing law and order in the future.

Without the support of the military,one fears what would have been the outcome of the protests.

Most governments would introduce a full scale enquiry into the lack of implementation of the law by those entrusted with this power.I wonder if it will happen.

Okay.... Back to the topic. I fully agree with; Methuselah! This is one big part of the problem in Thailand. The police. Anyone who has dealt with them knows...

Edited by Jimi007

"Red Idiots burned the city down"

It was there when I left 2 weeks ago, has the city now been destroyed ? :)

Try not to be a pedant dear chap.

So has Bangkok been burnt down, Yes or No ?

Just checking your response to that lie posted before, you also mention " The burning down of Bangkok "

Why do you feel the need to exaggerate ? It does nothing for your cause, whatever that cause is, then you accuse me of being a pedant.

You and the other poster are giving false information, to what purpose I have no idea, but it's a lie.

Pedantic or not, you're not telling the truth.

Edited by GM1955

"Red Idiots burned the city down"

It was there when I left 2 weeks ago, has the city now been destroyed ? :)

Try not to be a pedant dear chap.

So it hasn't been burnt down ?

Just checking your response to that lie posted before, you also mention " The burning down of Bangkok "

Why do you feel the need to exaggerate ? It does nothing for your cause, whatever that cause is, then you accuse me of being a pedant.

You and the other poster are giving false information, to what purpose I have no idea, but it's a lie.

Pedantic or not, you're not telling the truth.

He quoted newspaper headings, so what's your problem? It seems you are only trying to provocate and annoy others.

He quoted newspaper headings, so what's your problem? It seems you are only trying to provocate and annoy others.

Please give me the link to the newspaper heading that states, " Red idiots burn down Bangkok ", don't bother looking, you can't.

You guys should just relax a little, stop exaggerating, stop the hatred, and stop the abuse of anybody that isn't entirely brainwashed by the governments media outlets.

Well, that moron Savage and an Aussie have been arrested and are now in jail. Made my day. :)

Som nam nah!

Not just a crazy guy. The Australian guy is a trained cold blooded killer / sniper. Said the Thai government.

http://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news.php?id=255305250040

Thus saith the Thai Government! Must be true then. Get stronger coke bottle bottoms in your horn-rims!

I wonder if any of the Thai army are trained to kill in cold blood. LMFAO at this indoctrinated drivvle!

Please give me the link to the newspaper heading that states, " Red idiots burn down Bangkok ", don't bother looking, you can't.

You guys should just relax a little, stop exaggerating, stop the hatred, and stop the abuse of anybody that isn't entirely brainwashed by the governments media outlets.

Now it gets interesting!

The quote was probably not literal, so I don't even bother to look for an exact newspaper quote. But now the fun starts.

Please provide proof that 1.) we are not relaxed, 2.) we're exaggarating, 3.) spead hatred and 4.) abuse people.

Thanks you.

So do you deny that Reds were involved in burning now Central World and a whole slew of other buildings? You deny they set the fires? Are you saying that the government has 'brainwashed' us and the burnings didn't happen? Or are you Red apologists trying to minimise the damaged the idiots caused by saying the damage wasn't so bad?

It's so typical of you Reds. You can't deny the damage done. I mean all one has to do is head towards Central World, among other places to see the damage themselves. So you try to hoodwink us by saying it's an 'exagerration' or better yet, we have your boss telling the world it was the government who did it! Who's trying to brainwash who now? Most other people, unlike the stupid Red farmers, aren't dumb enough to believe the bullshit you spew.

So do you deny that Reds were involved in burning now Central World and a whole slew of other buildings? You deny they set the fires? Are you saying that the government has 'brainwashed' us and the burnings didn't happen? Or are you Red apologists trying to minimise the damaged the idiots caused by saying the damage wasn't so bad?

It's so typical of you Reds. You can't deny the damage done. I mean all one has to do is head towards Central World, among other places to see the damage themselves. So you try to hoodwink us by saying it's an 'exagerration' or better yet, we have your boss telling the world it was the government who did it! Who's trying to brainwash who now? Most other people, unlike the stupid Red farmers, aren't dumb enough to believe the bullshit you spew.

Calm down! Please try to make a difference between the rural poor who have been abused for centuries and the last few decades by local elite, officials and the like. Only some of the UDD leaders seem sincere, others just lackeys of either Thaksin or other local elite. It's the poor who have to be educated and made to understand that hand-outs is a thing of the past. Follow up education with help to be self-sufficient. Arrange lessons for the rich to remind them of their obligations. Let the government listen (they also need additional education). Make the police force a law-enforcement arm to be proud off. AND don't expect results within six months.

Calm down! Please try to make a difference between the rural poor who have been abused for centuries and the last few decades by local elite, officials and the like. Only some of the UDD leaders seem sincere, others just lackeys of either Thaksin or other local elite. It's the poor who have to be educated and made to understand that hand-outs is a thing of the past. Follow up education with help to be self-sufficient. Arrange lessons for the rich to remind them of their obligations. Let the government listen (they also need additional education). Make the police force a law-enforcement arm to be proud off. AND don't expect results within six months.

:)

Which rich Chinese? Thaksin's family were ethnic Chinese.

Interesting comment. The Thais pretend they were never colonised. Haha. They have been ruled by a Chinese ethnic 'nobility' since the 1700's under the rule of a man of a similar name: King Taksin.

The light skins of which the Hi-So are so proud clearly mark them out as of Chinese descent. The noses are fabricated (and so are a lot of the boobs)... :)

Hurray for the real dark Thais for getting some of their invaders to be their champions against their nasty relatives!

Mass prayer to mark Visakha Bucha Day

By The Nation

Buddhist monks from 83 countries will say a mass prayer to bless Thailand in a charity ceremony at the Visakha Bucha Day festival. They will also call for an end to political turmoil.

The monks will sign an accord to officially commemorate World Visakha Bucha Day, which also marks His Majesty the King's auspicious 84th birthday on December 5.

The mass prayer will be held at Buddha Monthol in Nakhon Pathom.

(cut for brevity)

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-05-26

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

I've been a Buddhist (Mahayana/Tibet tradition) since I got out of high school in the US, 40 years ago. This talk of mass prayer doesn't do anyone any good. Ok, maybe the people praying feel warm and fuzzy inside, and they really think they're doing good on some levels. Hocus pocus.

If monks and nuns want to do some good in this world, they can go out and do tangible things, like counsel people in need (granted, they do some of that), and clean up streets and plant trees. Buddhism in Thailand has taken some hits lately. We see and hear Buddhist monks making lavish ceremonies to bless Thaksin and the Shinawatres (largely because the Shinawatres are mega rich. Would the monks be doing lavish ceremonies for a sidewalk seller of charcoal?).

Enough of the hocus pocus aspect of institutionalized Thai Buddhism, with its talismans, gold statues, belief in ghosts, metaphysical silliness, .....and more getting back to the essence of what Buddha taught.

Kudos to you brahmburgers. This post really hits the mark and is right on the money IMO.

The big problem with Theravada Buddism is that there's too much tribalism and spiritualism mixed in with it and very little focus on the authentic teachings of Buddha.