Wc License Topic

AndersSN

I was wondering the same, if I go to my assistant I can see the last ten posts, when I try to get to the thread it shows an error message..

Board Message

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Sorry, some required files are missing, if you intended to view a topic, it's possible that it's been moved or deleted. Please go back and try again.

Ahhhh the world of cyber space...

Edited by MB1

I get the same message.

I can't see the last page of the curfew topic either, other pages yes but not the last. The WC topic was the same before it disappeared.

Maybe a MOD removed the web links that had been posted by a member that has problems reading the rules and the thread got accidently wiped out...

Not you gotlost, a newbie posted the link and also did it in other threads...

Edited by MB1

OK guys blame me. I tried to post a link from Chiang Mai Mail to Thai Visa and it locked up so they had to delete the thread. Also its on the curfew thread so it will probably go by by. This is the second time I have seen this happen with the Chiang Mai Mail about two months ago this happened. I promise not to do it again. NOW back to the topic. :)

OK guys blame me. I tried to post a link from Chiang Mai Mail to Thai Visa and it locked up so they had to delete the thread. Also its on the curfew thread so it will probably go by by. This is the second time I have seen this happen with the Chiang Mai Mail about two months ago this happened. I promise not to do it again. NOW back to the topic. :)

Rule 32. Don't link to Chiang Mai Mail. Even two months later.

OK guys blame me. I tried to post a link from Chiang Mai Mail to Thai Visa and it locked up so they had to delete the thread. Also its on the curfew thread so it will probably go by by. This is the second time I have seen this happen with the Chiang Mai Mail about two months ago this happened. I promise not to do it again. NOW back to the topic. :D

That should be rule #1. :) The article from CMM states that no alcohol will be sold this Friday and the police will enforce it. Oh to be a bar owner. :D

Anyway, RS CEO Surachai Chetchotisak said that places such as restaurants and bars that show World Cup matches for business reasons have to pay the firm a broadcast fee of 10,000 baht per TV set for the June 11/July 11 tournament.

Edited by MB1

OK guys blame me. I tried to post a link from Chiang Mai Mail to Thai Visa and it locked up so they had to delete the thread. Also its on the curfew thread so it will probably go by by. This is the second time I have seen this happen with the Chiang Mai Mail about two months ago this happened. I promise not to do it again. NOW back to the topic. :D

That should be rule #1. :) The article from CMM states that no alcohol will be sold this Friday and the police will enforce it. Oh to be a bar owner. :D

The Religious Police, Music Police, World Cup police, and Curfew Police.  Are the Whiskey Licence Police due? 

Did I miss any out?

I'm asuming that the link had something to do with the WC license, could you give a brief overview?

I'm asuming that the link had something to do with the WC license, could you give a brief overview?

Not really. I have been digging for information on the RS group and basically I'm coming up with what has been discussed with no over all conclusion. They say 10K baht for restaurant/bar. If you have HD or a noodle shop no payment of money. The way I see it if they (RS) were to come around with proof you would deal with them but if its a scam group and they are around you will have to deal with it. If its the BIB that's another thing. I see that Al Jazeera has the exclusive rights in the middle east to broadcast the games on their sports channels and are charging their customers 100 USD that about 3200baht. So I guess the owners on an individual bases will have to figure out is it worth while to invest in HD (new TV set, ubc) probably no English and the possible hassle of authorities. As for the Chiang Mai Mail they are stating that Friday is a Buddha Day and the police will be enforcing closer of bars and selling of alcohol..

Not really. I have been digging for information on the RS group and basically I'm coming up with what has been discussed with no over all conclusion. They say 10K baht for restaurant/bar. If you have HD or a noodle shop no payment of money. The way I see it if they (RS) were to come around with proof you would deal with them but if its a scam group and they are around you will have to deal with it. If its the BIB that's another thing. I see that Al Jazeera has the exclusive rights in the middle east to broadcast the games on their sports channels and are charging their customers 100 USD that about 3200baht. So I guess the owners on an individual bases will have to figure out is it worth while to invest in HD (new TV set, ubc) probably no English and the possible hassle of authorities. As for the Chiang Mai Mail they are stating that Friday is a Buddha Day and the police will be enforcing closer of bars and selling of alcohol..

Where did you find this?

I have been all over their web site and only found two news items refering to the WC.

Apart from the Post article I have not been able to find anything on the web.

Where did you find this?

I have been all over their web site and only found two news items refering to the WC.

Apart from the Post article I have not been able to find anything on the web.

Google: rs plc world cup broadcast rights Thailand. Let your mind do the asking and you will be amazed what comes up. Here is a free on on no drink Friday..

http://www.chiangmai-mail.com/

Edited by gotlost

As I've explained to others, it beggers belief that RS, 16days before the world cup, announce in a national newspaper that you have to pay them 10k.

Doesn't matter if you watch through TRUE or Thai TV. They are the rights holders and they own the copyright, you still have to pay!

What is very annoying smaller venues/bars or somtam/street etc... restaurants don't pay. No guildline to how big the bar is before you have to pay, and guess what? You have to contact them to organise payment!

Is it me or does this sound completely crazy! RS have only just started collating info on bars who already subscribe to their services. Why weren't forms or reps sent around months ago to advise people of the need of a license!?!? Beggers belief if you ask me!

Don't get me started on the English commentary! W*****s!

Like I told you guys in 2006 UBC promised the Virgin Mary that they would not only broadcast the WC but it would be in English. Four days before kick off the Thai government stepped in and said like Hel-l. Welcome to Thailand.

what happens to those posts that you lock up. i see the curfew one has gone now. it waas locked for about 5 hours but they must have given up on it. will it be back. that had 42000 hits in a week. some people have been banned for less.

i see the curfew one has gone now. it waas locked for about 5 hours but they must have given up on it. will it be back. that had 42000 hits in a week. some people have been banned for less.

That topic has been disabled (set invisible) due to a major technical issue with it and the database. We are trying to see if it can be repaired at the moment.

i see the curfew one has gone now. it waas locked for about 5 hours but they must have given up on it. will it be back. that had 42000 hits in a week. some people have been banned for less.

That topic has been disabled (set invisible) due to a major technical issue with it and the database. We are trying to see if it can be repaired at the moment.

interesting. does that explain the unusually high hit count?

what happens to those posts that you lock up. i see the curfew one has gone now. it waas locked for about 5 hours but they must have given up on it. will it be back. that had 42000 hits in a week. some people have been banned for less.

I could always try again. :):D

WC 2010 will be shown on CH 3,7,9,11 on a rotating bases in Thai only. If you have UBC HD (no English) you should NOT have to pay any Extra Licensing Fee as that is included in your subscription. RS has the official broadcaster of WC2010 in Thailand. They have been paid at least 550 million baht from sponsors and Singha be the largest. They will be showing all live matches at Airport Plaza. If you want to show NON UBC HD in a business (restaurant/bar/pub) it will cost you 10,000 baht per TV, if you have TVs 3 that's 30,000 baht. No charge to show if you are a street vendor or noodle shop owner. So as a business owner if you don't want trouble its UBC HD NO ENGLISH or possible trouble. As for paying RS ??. As for the WC Police will that's part of the job owning a venue.

Edited by gotlost

They will be showing all live matches at Airport Plaza.

Seriously? Given that most matches are in the middle of the night?

I think the late games start at 1.30am. The night's only just begun.

I'm still not convinced that showing it through True means you don't need a licence. Espescially if it's based on the fact that 'The girl at True office told me". I don't see how an extra few hundred baht a month to True covers 10,000 baht per screen. Most big venues are already showing games through True so why would they pay 10,000 baht per screen to RS if they can pay a lot less to True? 

I don't think RS will be bothered about small bars. It would be unrealistic to expect a small bar to pay 10,000 baht and make a profit. Bearing in mind that it is on Thai TV, which is free and available to everyone, the bars aren't going to be that busy. June is still low-season, tourist arrivals are way down on last year, and lots of people take their holiday after world cup which makes it even quieter. To justify 10,000 baht per screen you'd have to be a big place, packing them in. Also, after the group stage half of the quarter-final games are at 1.30am and the semis and the final are all at 1.30. Most bars aren't even licenced to open at that time.

The guy from RS said 'small venues or stret-side stalls...' don't need to pay. Open to interpretation.

Edited by twofortheroad

i remember during the last WC, there werent many tourists around, and that was during the european summer holidays

how does a bar owner find out about these licenses to show WC?

did RS have a public notice about it?

something doesnt sound quite right about all this, but what do i know what goes on around here, actually, its probably parr for the course here

i remember during the last WC, there werent many tourists around, and that was during the european summer holidays

something doesnt sound quite right about all this, but what do i know what goes on around here, actually, its probably parr for the course here

Just ask the WC Police or the BIB :)

Just ask the WC Police or the BIB :)

The police patrol the toilets now? :D