Your Favorite Island In Thailand?

6678hhg

Phuket. Easy. Has the lot beauty and entertainment. Ignore the Patong haters, there is plenty to do throughout the enitre island. Variety is the spice, so they say.

I didn't see all of them - to many. Speaking of the big ones, for me Chang takes the cake. No 1 out of Samed, Phuket, Samui. But it depends on what one is looking for. :)

That's a tough one! So many nice ones to choose from. :) I guess I'd say Koh Poda and Koh Khai just for day trips. They're nothing more than tourist stops, but the beaches are gorgeous. Other favorites are Koh Wai and of course Koh Samet because of proximity to BKK.

Not mentioned yet: Koh Phayam and Koh Chang (the small one) just off Ranong. And Koh Yao Noi and Koh Yao Yai in Phangnga Bay, to be reached from Phuket or Krabi (Ao Leuk). Koh Jam close to Koh Lanta.

All of these islands are more for people looking for nature, peace and quiet, than for those who want nightlife and partying. Whilst typing this, I suddenly remember Koh Si Chang, close to Pattaya, but with an atmosphere as different from Pattaya as can be. There are a few hotels/resorts on the island, but it is not touristy because there is no real swimming beach. Great for walking though.

• 2 weeks later...

Basically they're all good.

They do certainly all have their own qualities. Koh Chang is the only one that feels like a real tropical island to me though. With those high mist-shrouded peaks and world famous pythons being captured, it feels a lot wilder than the other ones. We just got back from there and had a grand time.