Rubber Price At The Gate

Mosha

hi, according to the Mrs., in Ranong:

now it is 115bht/kgs for grade A rubber

dry and thin and clean

45-50 for bad grade rubber

that's at the gate, you'll get a few more baht if delivered to town

m

By "at the gate" can I presume you mean at you own farm gate.

What would the price per kilo be for liquid latex(nam yang) at the gate, say?

Did you mean for cup lump(kee yang) when you quoted 44 per kilo?

Cheers,

Chang35baht.

Edited by chang35baht

hi Moshe, don't know about selling cups, all ours is sold in mats. you'll need a large number of what look like baking trays and a mangle. strongly suggest a hiring a few burmese to do the heavy lifting! we also live in ranong, perhaps we can help? m

y'all

pls do try to treat those hands working for you whether they are farang friends or otherwise....

they are exposed everyday on your behalf to various kinds of toxin which you and i detest....

be more than nice to your hired hands, pls....

it won't hurt to pay them something extra....

for everyone of them are..... cancer bound.... and most have no medical backup like most of us....

stray on the side of mercy, my rubber plantation owner friends.... :D:)

hi Moshe, don't know about selling cups, all ours is sold in mats. you'll need a large number of what look like baking trays and a mangle. strongly suggest a hiring a few burmese to do the heavy lifting! we also live in ranong, perhaps we can help? m

It's currently under construction. We have a couple of Mangles., etc. Thx for the offer though much appreciated.

y'all

pls do try to treat those hands working for you whether they are farang friends or otherwise....

they are exposed everyday on your behalf to various kinds of toxin which you and i detest....

be more than nice to your hired hands, pls....

it won't hurt to pay them something extra....

for everyone of them are..... cancer bound.... and most have no medical backup like most of us....

stray on the side of mercy, my rubber plantation owner friends.... :D:)

I would suggest the the Burmese employed as tappers etc are better cared for than a lot of Burmese I see in other work in Ranong at least.

Cheers,

Chang35baht.

Hi Chang

By gate, in my case, is at the factory We have a private buyer of cup rubber who pays to use the place. So you can knock a few baht off if he or someone has to pick it up. Most of the locals with small amounts of cup and field latex just hire a man with a truck to take the rubber to the buyer.

Can't say what you would get for liquid latex where you are, but I pay 20 baht above the cup price if the seller brings it to the factory. If we pick up we charge a fee. Saying that deals are make where we pay more or charge less, depending on location and amounts. Jim

Cheers,

Chang35baht.

Hi Chang

By gate, in my case, is at the factory We have a private buyer of cup rubber who pays to use the place. So you can knock a few baht off if he or someone has to pick it up. Most of the locals with small amounts of cup and field latex just hire a man with a truck to take the rubber to the buyer.

Can't say what you would get for liquid latex where you are, but I pay 20 baht above the cup price if the seller brings it to the factory. If we pick up we charge a fee. Saying that deals are make where we pay more or charge less, depending on location and amounts. Jim

I assume you meant Two Baht?

Cup lump in our experience is discounted based on moisture content in the "opinion" of buyer also...

seems all over the map to me....

Last week we got about 44bt/kilo ...should be up a few bt this week according to today's IRCo pricing quotes

Round here there are several buyers, they come around in their pickups for the harvest. They however all sell to the same guy, and he sets the price. So when i initially said "At the gate", I mean't from our home, or where we store the rubber. Thankfully down wind of our house. :)

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm still a year or so away from starting to collect our rubber. We have about 1370 trees.

Can you give me a heads up as to where I can look online or phone to get the day to day prices I can expect if I deliver to a local factory? Or are the price so different north to south.

This site I assume is more or less the FOB price. And I know I can't expect to get anywhere near these prices http://www.rubberthai.com/emag/test.php

By the way I'm up in Chiang Rai.

Thanks again,

Chang35baht.

• 4 weeks later...

My wife is a workaholic. Having got 1,700 rubber trees growing nicely (but not yet ready for tapping for about 3-4 years) and her rice planted, she is now looking for a new venture to produce additional profit now!!!

There was a person locally who was collecting Cup Lump rubber (Kee yang) from the farm gate of small rubber producers and then selling for more at the large factory. He is now indisposed for the time being (ya ba!) so feels that there is a good opening there. She is thinking of going into partnership with her brother-in-law. He supply the transport and drives - she supplies the local contacts etc. and the financing cash for purchasing.

Does anyone (especially Mosha) have any experience of doing this or are aware of any pitfalls to look out for?

Many thanks for any help & advise.

Edited by AA1

I don't know much about rubber but I assume that the price that is currently prevailing is probably too high. I am invested in a Thai rubber manufacturer whose share price has gone up 11x in 18 months. So it is natural to believe that current prices are either unsustainable or unexpected and probably both.

My wife is a workaholic. Having got 1,700 rubber trees growing nicely (but not yet ready for tapping for about 3-4 years) and her rice planted, she is now looking for a new venture to produce additional profit now!!!

There was a person locally who was collecting Cup Lump rubber (Kee yang) from the farm gate of small rubber producers and then selling for more at the large factory. He is now indisposed for the time being (ya ba!) so feels that there is a good opening there. She is thinking of going into partnership with her brother-in-law. He supply the transport and drives - she supplies the local contacts etc. and the financing cash for purchasing.

Does anyone (especially Mosha) have any experience of doing this or are aware of any pitfalls to look out for?

Many thanks for any help & advise.

Whoever she sell onto will set the price. That's how it seems to work around here.

• 6 months later...