Where To Buy A Vending Machine In Thailand?

Hi,

I am interested in getting quotes on snack and soda vending machines in thailand. i was recently quoted 350,000 baht for one single snack machine!! i don't know what other people think, but i think this is outrageous!

anyone?

gonzobrains

My wife had a a flyer that showed prices for vending machines as well as those gas machines that are popping up everywhere. Vending machine was 40K while the gas machine was 79K. Sorry I can't help you on where she got the flyer though,but it was some sort of home business type of flyer with various products.

^^so?

a big no-no in Thailand. Ever seen a laundromat or a self service car wash? They might exist but I certainly haven't seen one in phuket anyways. Both businesses I was interested but was told by several people it was not a good idea for my reason stated above.

If the vending machine is for an office or something than I don't see a problem.

^^so?

a big no-no in Thailand. Ever seen a laundromat or a self service car wash? They might exist but I certainly haven't seen one in phuket anyways. Both businesses I was interested but was told by several people it was not a good idea for my reason stated above.

If the vending machine is for an office or something than I don't see a problem.

so a rival business competitor is going to vandalize it? is that what ur saying?

Speaking of coin operated fortunes... I bet someone with enough cash reserves or investment capital could do pretty well with a Malibu Grand Prix type franchise here, especially if you already have the real estate (ala the original Major Cineplex model). There's a serious lack of mindless 'family' entertainment here and the closest competition are the relatively low quality setups they have in malls, hypermarkets, etc.

:)

if you can not find a reasonably priced machine then import them from China where there are millions that sell near anything out of a machine and sell them in Thailand.

i'm concerned this idea would bring huge import duties...i don't see a whole lot of snack/soda machines in thailand and those i do see are thai made. perhaps there is a reason for this?

gonzobrains

if you can not find a reasonably priced machine then import them from China where there are millions that sell near anything out of a machine and sell them in Thailand.

i'm concerned this idea would bring huge import duties...i don't see a whole lot of snack/soda machines in thailand and those i do see are thai made. perhaps there is a reason for this?

gonzobrains

The reason is labor is so cheap that it is more cost effective to have an actual person doing the vending than maintaining (and being limited by) a mechanical machine to do the job.

I don't buy the idea that taking away someones job is much of an issue accept maybe in areas where there is a controlled organization dedicated to removing cash from tourists. In my village two shops have installed coin operated laundry machines. The machines fell out of favor because they were so heavily used that they developed mechanical problems and the shops didn't bother to fix them. They thought it was good enough to give people their money back when the thing stopped half way through rather than make the machines work consistently. I think a western style laundromat would be a good business if it was maintained and well located.

Have seen plenty of coin operated laundomats though... typically they need an attendant to keep folks from overloading the machines. But fairly profitable. Especially for places that have jammed or unusually slow moving water meters (which happens to a lot of meters over time).

:)

• 11 years later...

Try Ali Baba online.

I've bought expensive merchandise on there for half the price that you can get in Thailand.

Manufacturers can work with import tax,duties, delivery,etc.

Trade reassurance so they don't get paid until your satisfied unlike Lazada.

Screenshot_20210814-232605.jpg