Amazing 3d Tv

skippybangkok

Tried out the new 3d TV / blue Ray from samsung.... Must say was amazed and far better than 3d movies in the cinema ( using electronic glasses instead is red green ). Downside no 3d pics to rent, and each CD ( only 16 avail) are 1,000 + each.

Give it a few years an it will be interesting. Imagine Xbox 360 games in 3 d. Not long now!

Have not seen HD , so don't know. The depth in this TV was magic. Wud Not buy though until movies are avail at a reasonable price. Paying 1200 baht for a blue Ray amounts to robbery, and u either have to be rich or stupid or both to buy them. Tecnology is cool never the less.

Edited by skippybangkok

1,200 baht for a DVD is not daylight robbery. It's the regular price when you buy non-pirated products. In Thailand cheap DVD's (of variable quality) lull us into the feeling that all of them should be just a few hundred baht. Try to find a blu-ray DVD in the UK for less than twenty pounds!

Pay the price use the technology.

Enjoy it.

P&M

1,200 baht for a DVD is not daylight robbery. It's the regular price when you buy non-pirated products. In Thailand cheap DVD's (of variable quality) lull us into the feeling that all of them should be just a few hundred baht. Try to find a blu-ray DVD in the UK for less than twenty pounds!

Enjoy it.

P&M

At that price it's robbery. Leave it wud be my answer

Enjoy it.

P&M

eh?

Blu rays are available from 8 pounds back in the UK, check out amazon and its actually difficult to find blu rays above 20 quid.

I import mine from Amazon in the US, works out about 600 baht each after delivery , taxes etc..

Apple TV per movie:

24hour Rental HD 720p 180baht

Buy 720p 450baht or less

TV Episodes 70baht or less if you buy the complete season

and no fumbling about with disks :)

Shove it through a Upscaling Home Theatre or TV and it makes perfect sense for rental/buying HD Content when in Thailand.

Edited by negreanu

Until there is 3D material to watch, forget it.

Let's face it most of the TV programmes have not even reached wide screen format 16:9

let alone real HD...............

3D is a long way behind that. :)

Apple TV per movie:

24hour Rental HD 720p 180baht

Buy 720p 450baht or less

TV Episodes 70baht or less if you buy the complete season

and no fumbling about with disks :)

Shove it through a Upscaling Home Theatre or TV and it makes perfect sense for rental/buying HD Content when in Thailand.

You missed out the bit about having to download it first and all the other aggravating Apple bits.

Let's face it most of the TV programmes have not even reached wide screen format 16:9

Sure.........hope i have many more years to live, and look forward to playing 3D xbox games....... :D

You missed out the bit about having to download it first and all the other aggravating Apple bits.

You have obviously never used it. Movies are ready to view in in about 2-3 mins on a average Thailand internet connection of 2mb (30secs for me on True 16mb) after you select rent or buy.

You do not need to wait until the TV Show or movie downloads. So its almost Instantly viewable. Also of course hundreds of FREE video podcasts and access to Youtube and internet radio

The Apple TV interface is very easy and good to use - nothing aggravating about using Apple TV.

Try it before you comment at least then your in a position to comment when you understand how it works :)

Edited by negreanu

Which tv show are you refering to when you say " most of the tv shows .." ?

American ? British ? or tv shows that they broadcast here on UBC ?

I live in the Middle East and most of the satellite TV channels are in 4:3 format.

Displayed on my 16:9 Samsung TV, everyone looks fat...............

The BBC programmes are made in an odd 14:9 format and come out with a bar at top and bottom.

There are very few HD channels, some sport, Discovery, Aminal Planet and the like,

but cost the earth to view. :)

You have obviously never used it. Movies are ready to view in in about 2-3 mins on a average Thailand internet connection of 2mb (30secs for me on True 16mb) after you select rent or buy.

You do not need to wait until the TV Show or movie downloads. So its almost Instantly viewable. Also of course hundreds of FREE video podcasts and access to Youtube and internet radio

The Apple TV interface is very easy and good to use - nothing aggravating about using Apple TV.

Try it before you comment at least then your in a position to comment when you understand how it works :)

I have and am not impressed TBH.

My point was that you pay for it and then have to download it and still go through all the itunes nonsense.

• 1 month later...

I can see 3D video games being the main reason for any commercial success in this technology as for movies it's just a gimmick.

I've seen a few 3D movies at the cinema and to be honest I hated it. For one you you are basically sat in a dark room watching the movie through sunglasses so all the details in HD resolution and contrast on your expensive TV is wasted. I watched Alice in Wonderland in 3D and it was impossible to read any of the signs or see anything which wasn't very large or stationary as the screen was too dark through the glasses.

Also, the movies have to deliberately make scenes every few minutes that involve things flying out towards the screen or film many scenes with an in depth landscape shot which is going to feel very forced and ruin the flow of the storyline and movie. So apart from demo movies which are filmed only to show off the 3D technology, it will only ruin the atmosphere of regular movies.

For HD 3D gaming I think this will be awesome for certain games but it's not something I'm particularly interested in and I don't think it will change the future of movies or gaming.

I dont follow you at all, i think its great just been in SFX and see a 3D movie, also on the Samsung its great, cant read signs???

Have you tried the Samsung 3D??

Yep, like I said, I've seen 3 3D movies at the cinema and I thought the 3D aspect was gash on all 3 of them. Admittedly all 3 were not filmed in 3D and only post processed to be 3D although I really wish I had seen Avatar in 3D, hopefully the extended re-released is out in Thailand in September too.

Nope not seen Samsung 3D telly's wearing the glasses yet, only without so rather pointless! But like I also said the whole gimmick of 3D movies doesn't appeal to me because of the forced effects they have to constantly film to remind you that you have a 3D TV..

But like I also said the whole gimmick of 3D movies doesn't appeal to me because of the forced effects they have to constantly film to remind you that you have a 3D TV..

That will change with time, like surround sound.

Most programmes only need 2 channel stereo, with the odd splash of surround

at critical moments to reinforce the action.