Glitterman Speaks About Girls [the Good, The Bad And The Ugly]

glitterman

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Glitterman for your amusing, if not unusual outlook on things in Pattaya.

Keep writing, at least it gives us "grumpy old men" something to be grumpy about.

BTW - I'd choose a beautiful Thai lady any time over a beautiful western woman.

The problem is, severely mentally ill people don't 'KNOW' that they are sick; in fact mental illness is often discounted as eccentricity or bizarre behaviour.

If the OP was back in his home country (U.K.) he would almost certainly be sectioned for observation and evaluation.

His recent posts (notice sudden increase in postings) are typical of some kinds of mental illness.

I would suggest that Thai Visa limit further posts until proper medical evaluation of the OP has been proven.

No flame posts required. This is a serious post. Thanks.

Syd, you are quite right that people with psychotic illnesses often don't know they are ill. But you are wrong to suggest that Glitterman would have been sectioned in the UK. While he does exhibit some symptoms of mental illness (like pressure of speech and flight of ideas), he doesn't fit the most important criterion for involuntary admission to hospital - that is evidence of harm to self or others. He seems quite harmless to me, and quite entertaining. I do know something about this, as I was a mental health social worker in the UK, and did numerous mental health assessments.

I don't understand the almost constant need to insult OP's on TV... In my mind TV could be a fantastic tool to share info about Thailand and when it comes to the cultural differences falang/thai couple face it would be great to use TV as a way to give/get advice on these issues and perhaps some positive input or examples of successful partnerships.

As for the OP's thread, perhaps some newcomers to LOS would benefit from, among others, his point of view, as there are indeed many girls out there who are after the money; perhaps we could discuss why this is and if there are any grounds for this... (ie uneducated background, social pressure to own stuff, perceived relative stability of being with a falang versus a local thai man who will undoubtedly have mia nois, kicks and what not, or even just take the run when the girl is pregnant etc.)

What would us falangs do if we were born upcountry in the 80's/90's and had very little to look forward to plus a financial responsibility to our family?

Personally I've met only a handful of falang who managed to maintain a loving and trustful long term relationship and I would love to hear from those on TV who have succeded and how they managed to do so. Each case is unique I'm sure, but it seems to me that it can be quite difficult.

Finally, on an off-topic note, I want to thank the very few on TV who take the time to make some very informative posts, it unfortunately takes hours of reading before stumbling on them!

I look forward to more informative and positive reading.

I don't understand the almost constant need to insult OP's on TV... In my mind TV could be a fantastic tool to share info about Thailand and when it comes to the cultural differences falang/thai couple face it would be great to use TV as a way to give/get advice on these issues and perhaps some positive input or examples of successful partnerships.

As for the OP's thread, perhaps some newcomers to LOS would benefit from, among others, his point of view, as there are indeed many girls out there who are after the money; perhaps we could discuss why this is and if there are any grounds for this... (ie uneducated background, social pressure to own stuff, perceived relative stability of being with a falang versus a local thai man who will undoubtedly have mia nois, kicks and what not, or even just take the run when the girl is pregnant etc.)

What would us falangs do if we were born upcountry in the 80's/90's and had very little to look forward to plus a financial responsibility to our family?

Personally I've met only a handful of falang who managed to maintain a loving and trustful long term relationship and I would love to hear from those on TV who have succeded and how they managed to do so. Each case is unique I'm sure, but it seems to me that it can be quite difficult.

Finally, on an off-topic note, I want to thank the very few on TV who take the time to make some very informative posts, it unfortunately takes hours of reading before stumbling on them!

I look forward to more informative and positive reading.

so farang women dont want money ?

As for the OP's thread, perhaps some newcomers to LOS would benefit from, among others, his point of view, as there are indeed many girls out there who are after the money; perhaps we could discuss why this is and if there are any grounds for

Nope don't lets go there!!

so farang women dont want money ?

Or here!!

@hopdafru:

> I don't understand the almost constant need to insult OP's on TV...

Some live only for those moments!

You may understand after you've been around longer. But anyway it's the

nature of this forum and it won't change. I belong to other forums that

are nothing like this at all.

> In my mind TV could be a fantastic tool to share info about Thailand

It's already about the best there is. But it's primarily for venting,

posturing, gossip, and entertainment. Occasionally, amid the buzz, you find

a nugget of useful info.

Actually most useful info comes out in the technical forums like health and

internet. Otherwise, the proportion of hot air is pretty high.

> and when it comes to the cultural differences falang/thai couple

> face it would be great to use TV as a way to give/get advice on

> these issues and perhaps some positive input or examples of

> successful partnerships.

Oh, that's a weekly topic along with fish 'n' chips. Search and you'll

find thousands of threads devoted to it. No more such threads are

needed in this century.

I say, though, that whenever somebody posts about a successful

partnership, full financial disclosure should be required of how much

money and other forms of compensation are being handed over to the

Thai partner.

Many such threads get closed, however, because you can't discuss bar

girls, sex, or Thais or farang women prejudicially. Many of our

members can't resist doing so.

>

> As for the OP's thread, perhaps some newcomers to LOS would benefit

> from, among others, his point of view

Nah. What special knowledge would such an eccentric possess? You can

quite understand why he would need to pay for companionship in any

country. His expertise lies elsewhere.

Now, if you want to know about potholes lying on the particular

streets on his route, he's your man.

> , as there are indeed many

> girls out there who are after the money; perhaps we could discuss

> why this is and if there are any grounds for this

YAWN. I'm outta here.

Some of his points appear to be valid IMO, however the opening post is exceedingly Trollish...

I very much suspect that this is an impostor. I can't believe someone relatively well known as GM would post such personally damaging opinions.

but moderator raro has spoken with GM & confirmed its actually him posting under this nic on TV.

So clearly its not an impostor.

Clearly theres some other issues though :):D

The girls in those malls have to SELL SELL SELL just to make a meagre living and avoid being sacked. And then they have to cope with this guy hanging around for hours wasting their time not buying anything and probably frightening away the sane customers. He won't even buy them a coffee for having to bear his company.

How they must hate him...

The problem is, severely mentally ill people don't 'KNOW' that they are sick; in fact mental illness is often discounted as eccentricity or bizarre behaviour.

If the OP was back in his home country (U.K.) he would almost certainly be sectioned for observation and evaluation.

His recent posts (notice sudden increase in postings) are typical of some kinds of mental illness.

I would suggest that Thai Visa limit further posts until proper medical evaluation of the OP has been proven.

No flame posts required. This is a serious post. Thanks.

Syd, you are quite right that people with psychotic illnesses often don't know they are ill. But you are wrong to suggest that Glitterman would have been sectioned in the UK. While he does exhibit some symptoms of mental illness (like pressure of speech and flight of ideas), he doesn't fit the most important criterion for involuntary admission to hospital - that is evidence of harm to self or others. He seems quite harmless to me, and quite entertaining. I do know something about this, as I was a mental health social worker in the UK, and did numerous mental health assessments.

Incorrect information.

You don't have to be a danger to yourself or others to be sectioned under the 1983 mental health act in the U.K.

A recent example is the boxer Frank Bruno who was acting funny, riding around his neighbourhood on a BMX bicycle whilst laughing and joking wildly and appearing semi-dressed and unwashed.

I have carefully read the opening post.......mildly controversial in places, but the majority of the post are just the observations of one man.......

Most of these observations or similar have been aired by many, many, people on this very forum.......

I would suggest if you question the mental state of the man who posted the opening post on this thread.......

Go read the many responses to the sinsod threads that echo almost duplicate thoughts...........

Do we therefore have an underlying problem on TV that is not acknowledged if one does not ride a gold bicycle around Pattaya

The girls in those malls have to SELL SELL SELL just to make a meagre living and avoid being sacked. And then they have to cope with this guy hanging around for hours wasting their time not buying anything and probably frightening away the sane customers. He won't even buy them a coffee for having to bear his company.

How they must hate him...

Especially Thai girls. One observation I made about Thai girls is that they don't have very much male friends. I like that. They mainly have female friends.

I have carefully read the opening post.......mildly controversial in places, but the majority of the post are just the observations of one man.......

Most of these observations or similar have been aired by many, many, people on this very forum.......

I would suggest if you question the mental state of the man who posted the opening post on this thread.......

Go read the many responses to the sinsod threads that echo almost duplicate thoughts...........

Do we therefore have an underlying problem on TV that is not acknowledged if one does not ride a gold bicycle around Pattaya

I have read your post several times but it is gibberish.

Kindly state exactly what you mean.

Thanks.

:)

Thanks.

In simple terms you are suggesting a man has a mental condition, and yet he has stated much the same as a thousand people on this forum.

I think you could understand my post, you just cannot find a single line to quote and define your response.......

The reality being he may be eccentric riding his bicycle.......but he posts no different to many others......so what is your diagnosis now doctor?

Thanks.

In simple terms you are suggesting a man has a mental condition, and yet he has stated much the same as a thousand people on this forum.

I think you could understand my post, you just cannot find a single line to quote and define your response.......

The reality being he may be eccentric riding his bicycle.......but he posts no different to many others......so what is your diagnosis now doctor?

If you re-read his posts carefully you will see that there is extreme evidence of delusion and schizoid personality disorder.

This condition is probably not dangerous to himself or others but in the long term, if left untreated it will become a terrible handicap.

Being British, we tend to welcome eccentricities in our fellow man but beneath the outrageous frivolity often festers a diseased mind and personality.

I hope that you understand this. Thank you.

I understand Syd and appreciate your comments, but where does the 'act' stop, and the real man start?

TVisa can be a massive game of charades Syd, I knew a guy who played a perfect dame in pantomime, he was a bank manager in his real life.

Especially Thai girls. One observation I made about Thai girls is that they don't have very much male friends. I like that. They mainly have female friends.

You know why? Because the girls have to pay them the booze.

No its because Thai girls are different, they are more feminine.

No its because Thai girls are different, they are more feminine.

That's a bad excuse as even the majority of Thai men are more femine. :)