175cc-any Help ?

jedeye

Hi-ive seen a 'platinum' 175cc off road style motorcycle for sale @ 33,000 baht....

am hoping someone can give me any first hand knowledge/experience about these chinese models....another piece of junk or worth a look in ? cheers folks :)

Ummm, the owners that like them hate them with the constant problems that occur.

Cheap bike if your not concerned about breaking down somewhere or your own personal safety. I to was interested when I moved to CM, but like I said, it was owners that quickly talked me out of that cheap bike. Won't even touch on quality issues, you can find those out easily for yourself.

Based on a lot of reports here in Thaivisa, thomo is not far off...although my experience hasn't been quite that bad. Lots of threads here about them and most say don't bother. These bikes are Chinese copies of good but old Honda designs. My mate and I have had two PX175's for about a year and at first mine broke down every singe use, and his often did too, usually electrical system issues. Then I got a good mechanic to swap out the entire electrical system using Honda and Kawasaki parts (cost me around 10,000 baht). My mate did the same and now it's a decent trail bike. I am using it lot now since I sold the car and it hasn't had a problem in over 8 months. We got them for 20,000 baht each, but they have no book.

Edited by ScubaBuddha

Thanks to all for your replies/messages...seems +/- a 50/50 split in opinions. I'll give the bike a thorough look over & test-ride and make up my mind from there-it comes with the greenbook hence the price.

thanks again.

How did you figure a 50/50 split on opinions? Everyone that replied said it was no a reliable bike. The one that said his was now ok spent 10k baht to replace all the wiring. I have never found anyone that liked one.

T