Xbox 360

perfectstorm

Put it on TV classifieds will sell easily if the price is reasonable. How much do you want for it and what country was it sold originally.

I agree I sold a chipped one with a bunch of games and lots of extras in just a day or two.

but mine isnt a chipped one :) 1 game: GTA 4

Put it on TV classifieds will sell easily if the price is reasonable. How much do you want for it and what country was it sold originally.

I agree I sold a chipped one with a bunch of games and lots of extras in just a day or two.

Then it should work as media expander which the chipped ones don't (after being banned anyway)

For 3 k cheaper than buying a stand alone box. Although it is noisy.

No use as a games machine with only one game though as all the games sold here are copies. I don't even know a place in Chiang Mai that sells real games.

Although if someone wanted it chipped it should only be another 2k or even less now, but when I bought a chipped one in CM it had to be ordered from Bangkok so I dont know if they have the chips here.

try rincombe (student) market by neimenheiman. There was/is an xbox shop there - in the grunge section in the back half of the market..., but remember they are usually skint thai wheeler dealers... so i guess you may have to take a Thai negotiator! Sometimes the phone sellers also sell playstations and xboxes...

Edited by whiterussian

Being from Holland I would imagine it's PAL format (europe), for the right price I may be able to sell you some games or whoever buys it.

As for not being allowed to use XBOX Live when chipped ... Sorry ... Load of rubbish!!!! If you do it right you can use it on live! I used one for 2 years chipped with no problems. The only time you may encounter problems is if you have used it on Live before chipping as when you first log on live MS take a snapshot of your machines firmware, when chipped this changes and will get caught out in time ... maybe 1 week, maybe 1 year. Also MS do not have Live servers in Thailand so i think you have to set up and route through China or Japan or somewhere.

If you do sell or decide to keep and want it chipped, 550B and copy games are 100B. Done in Chiang Mai, not sent away.

I know this as I brought my 360 Elite from the UK and had it done.

Fair point. If you own the console though, it's not against any law to modify it in any way you see fit. It's also not against any law to make a back up copy of games which you have bought leagly, least that's how the law stands in most countries.

Anyway, to the OP. Good luck with it all mate.

Then it should work as media expander which the chipped ones don't (after being banned anyway)

For 3 k cheaper than buying a stand alone box. Although it is noisy.

No use as a games machine with only one game though as all the games sold here are copies. I don't even know a place in Chiang Mai that sells real games.

Although if someone wanted it chipped it should only be another 2k or even less now, but when I bought a chipped one in CM it had to be ordered from Bangkok so I dont know if they have the chips here.

they sell games at airport plaza, and otherplaces whitch i cant remember the name.

I don't know anything about the Xbox but have read that it can be used as a Media Player. Could I make a WiFi connection with another computer's hard disk and play movies on a TV set in another room? Could it also stream live from the internet.

I don't know anything about the Xbox but have read that it can be used as a Media Player. Could I make a WiFi connection with another computer's hard disk and play movies on a TV set in another room? Could it also stream live from the internet.

Yes it will do that you will either need a network cable for it or a wireless adapter for the xbox, I use mine a lot to play back recorded tv programs and movie files off my PC.

Yes it will do that you will either need a network cable for it or a wireless adapter for the xbox, I use mine a lot to play back recorded tv programs and movie files off my PC.

Thanks Gary. A network cable is not really practical, will the normal 801.11 USB wireless dongle do the trick?

Now I have to see if Perfectstorm still wants to sell it for 3K. I'm not interested in the games anyway but it would be a reasonable price for a Media Player.

Thanks Gary. A network cable is not really practical, will the normal 801.11 USB wireless dongle do the trick?

Now I have to see if Perfectstorm still wants to sell it for 3K. I'm not interested in the games anyway but it would be a reasonable price for a Media Player.

The only option I am aware of is the MS adapter but it is a bit expensive 2500 - 3000 baht range.