Had 150,000 Baht Taken From Me

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here is a small selection of the trolls' previous posts.....

'I once did phucket to bangkok in a tok tok, not a pattaya one either a proper little red honda type with 5 of us in it, we had 2 drivers in front and with no sleep it took 28 hours ....'

'I visit thailand around 8 times a year and spend at least £2500 on each visit....'

or maybe he's not a troll :o

:D:D:D:D

here is a small selection of the trolls' previous posts.....

'I once did phucket to bangkok in a tok tok, not a pattaya one either a proper little red honda type with 5 of us in it, we had 2 drivers in front and with no sleep it took 28 hours ....'

'I visit thailand around 8 times a year and spend at least £2500 on each visit....'

or maybe he's not a troll  :o

:D  :D  :D  :D

Paying 2,500 pounds from ATM machines on a regular basis for stupidity fines

Yeh I get the point, As many of you are out there on a shoe string and cannot beleive such a story please think of a mistake you have done in your life, I dont intend making it again and shall just taste the delicaces of thailand, I happen to love los and can really say the people there are the most friendly in the world, I will not bother you with more stories here, i thought this was a site for info and help for expats, seems you only respond with below the belt remarks, thanks to mp5 for your info on customs, in my case it was a bit late, i am now back in blighty and will look forward to my next trip to los in sept. P.s any one wants to see receipt is more than welcome and if you are in phuket area and want to verify my (trolls) story of going to bkk in tuk tuk goto christian massage in pattong, so its on your right hand side and walk around 100 metres so lami inn is on your left, there is the bunch of drivers there who all know the story as it was a crazy one and i believe we are the only ones to have ever done it.

Kind regards

This is from the BKK bank web site:

"With a Bualuang ATM card you can withdraw or transfer to other Bangkok Bank accounts or transfer money to third party accounts at any Thai bank up to 50,000 Bt per day, or transfer unlimited amounts between your Bangkok Bank accounts registered with the same ATM card, and pay for your water, mobile phone and overseas telephone bills. "

This has changed from 20k several years ago, have not tried to get more then this recently.  Just let the wife think it is still only 20k... :D

I have Bualuang Premier.... and to quote the website like you so cleverly did..

Bualuang Premier gives you access to your money in more than 80 countries wherever you see the PLUS sign.

You can withdraw or transfer up to 150,000 Bt per day.

In Thailand you can transfer money to your Bangkok Bank accounts and to third party accounts at any Thai bank. You can also pay for your water, mobile phone and overseas telephone bills.

I did originally think it was unlimited, however I suspect this was a translation error between my wife and myself.. :o

totster :D

Edited by Totster

Correct me if I am wrong you pay the duty on said fags - should be able to keep em.  I know I've sent ciggies to blighty for me uncle and he got a letter from customs... u can either pay duty or forfeit.

this is correct for heathrow had it happen to me with 3000 ciggs and that was 15 boxes, took up alot of baggage space. 50 cartons would be .5m2 that is a lot of space.

all the same a good entertaining read

Edited by opothai

Correct me if I am wrong you pay the duty on said fags - should be able to keep em.  I know I've sent ciggies to blighty for me uncle and he got a letter from customs... u can either pay duty or forfeit.

this is correct for heathrow had it happen to me with 3000 ciggs and that was 15 boxes, took up alot of baggage space. 50 cartons would be .5m2 that is a lot of space.

No, in the UK if u dont declare them you get them confiscated,you cant even keep your 200 allowance. You dont pay duty on them you pay a fine for smuggling. You are welcome to declare them and pay duty.

Its a bit silly to smuggle cigarettes from the Phillipines to Thailand, you wouldn't make much money. From Thailand or the Phillipines to the UK is quite lucrative.

You can get about 70 cartons in a suitcase and be under the weight limit for most airlines. You can get more but have to pay excess baggage allowance.

From experiences i've heard of its not a business to get involved in. It can have rather unpleasant results for the smuggler.

No, in the UK if u dont declare them you get them confiscated,you cant even keep your 200 allowance. You dont pay duty on them you pay a fine for smuggling. You are welcome to declare them and pay duty.

Its a bit silly to smuggle cigarettes from the Phillipines to Thailand, you wouldn't make much money. From Thailand or the Phillipines to the UK is quite lucrative.

You can get about 70 cartons in a suitcase and be under the weight limit for most airlines. You can get more but have to pay excess baggage allowance.

From experiences i've heard of its not a business to get involved in. It can have rather unpleasant results for the smuggler.

i've still got the receipt they gave me, and unless things have changed this year i can assure you they gave me the chance to pay the duty and i also kept 200.

however on susequent journeys i have been searched about 1 in 3 so maybe they keep a record or i've become very unlucky

i've still got the receipt they gave me, and unless things have changed this year i can assure you they gave me the chance to pay the duty and i also kept 200.

however on susequent journeys i have been searched about 1 in 3 so maybe they keep a record or i've become very unlucky

well i've heard a few stories to the contrary. and what would be the point having a Declare channel if it only yielded the same result as a Nothing to Declare channel.

OP
P.s any one wants to see receipt is more than welcome

Ok, scan the paper and post it here. Put up or shutup.

Yes, I'll second that. P*ss or get off the pot. I'm not wandering all the way down to Christin's massage in Patong just to see a receipt or get verification from the tuk tuk drivers.

OP
P.s any one wants to see receipt is more than welcome

Ok, scan the paper and post it here. Put up or shutup.

Yes, I'll second that. P*ss or get off the pot. I'm not wandering all the way down to Christin's massage in Patong just to see a receipt or get verification from the tuk tuk drivers.

If you got the receipt why didn't they let you keep the fags after you been ferried around the ATM's.

Also I have tiold you this before don't think cause you have a little cash or a big amount of cash you are above the law.

Back in blighty. Definately on the camera for those who know won't be hard to pull a photo especially if you post the receipt.

Again why did you not phone the embassy for a well seasoned travller you seem quite naive. Scan the receipt the picture will be no problem or there is an alternative which is checking the arrest or detention records for the alleged event.

What is the case number on the receipt and what station. OK it's in Thai all the more scan & paste plus did you lay a complaint.

Again a seasoned traveller knows the ins and outs of international travel. Out of interest how old are you, do you sell the product back in the UK are ciggies the only product you smuggle and are you aware that customs have probably had you unfer surveilence and probably still do. Tell your mates. a bit over the top but i would wonder if tyou have done this on numerous occassions if the house,car,phone and other destinations are not bugged or under survelience.

What's inside the cigarettes from the Phillipines?

Quit while you are truly ahead because for sure they have your head and shoulders plus all your travel details. PARANOID

Yeh I get the point, As many of you are out there on a shoe string and cannot beleive such a story please think of a mistake you have done in your life, I dont intend making it again and shall just taste the delicaces of thailand, I happen to love los and can really say the people there are the most friendly in the world, I will not bother you with more stories here, i thought this was a site for info and help for expats, seems you only respond with below the belt remarks, thanks to mp5 for your info on customs, in my case it was a bit late, i am now back in blighty and will look forward to my next trip to los in sept. P.s any one wants to see receipt is more than welcome and if you are in phuket area and want to verify my (trolls) story of going to bkk in tuk tuk goto christian massage in pattong, so its on your right hand side and walk around 100 metres so lami inn is on your left, there is the bunch of drivers there who all know the story as it was a crazy one and i believe we are the only ones to have ever done it.

Kind regards

I hope you are the one to do it :D , fancy driving to Bangkok in the back of a Tuk Tuk :o

Yeh I get the point, As many of you are out there on a shoe string

we have established that you are loaded, well done

and cannot beleive such a story please think of a mistake you have done in your life, I dont intend making it again
you've already been caught doing it twice
and shall just taste the delicaces of thailand, I happen to love los and can really say the people there are the most friendly in the world,

8 times a years , three days at a time, spending 2500 squid a pop? i'd be friendly :D

I will not bother you with more stories here,
thank you
i thought this was a site for info and help for expats, seems you only respond with below the belt remarks,

it is, you have 8 pages of answers, what DO you want?

thanks to mp5 for your info on customs,
indeed, however, for someone who is doing the trip blighty- LOS- phils, 100 times a year, you should be informing him...
in my case it was a bit late, i am now back in blighty and will look forward to my next trip to los in sept.

we'll be here

P.s any one wants to see receipt is more than welcome and if you are in phuket area and want to verify my (trolls) story of going to bkk in tuk tuk goto christian massage in pattong, so its on your right hand side and walk around 100 metres so lami inn is on your left, there is the bunch of drivers there who all know the story as it was a crazy one and i believe we are the only ones to have ever done it.

Kind regards

i am as i type boarding a tuk tuk from Loei to go to phuket in a record time of 27h 45 mins, stil waiting for the scan though....i bet i'll arrive to phuket fatser.....

:o

Edited by costas

Kind regards

I hope you are the one to do it :D , fancy driving to Bangkok in the back of a Tuk Tuk :o

That'd be doin' it hard :D

Ever wonder why your passport number is keyed in or scanned at immigration? ... :o

^ So they know if it's legit or not?

I'm pretty sure when my old man used to get pulled for booze they'd let him keep what he was allowed, and he could pay the duty on the stuff that was over (but they made up silly prices so it wasn't worth it).

Part of the postings incl. the OPs should be moved to the jokes' section.

To import cigarettes into Thailand you need a licence, which is not granted as the Tabaco and Wine Monopoly is handling this.

To bring in 1 carton, i.e. 200 cigarettes accompany by a traveller is the exemption and duty fre for the traveller's own consumption, only.

So even if you walk through the red channel and declare your cigs. you have no legal way to pay duty and tax, as yo cannot import without that licence by the monopol company.

this is in Thailand.

In Europe, you can pay and the customs oficer will tgell you the rate (I believe it is around Euro-cents 10 - 12 per cigarette. Double, if you got caught smuggling. Than it is in the discretion of the officer on duty to let you off with a warning on top of paying duty and fine or to confiscate all and start legal proceedings which can lead to a court case.

I am currently a little bemused with the customs here in thailand. I returned from the phils yesterday with my usuall 50 cartons of cigarretes of malbrough lights. I have been asked to put my bag through the x-ray which i have done before with exactly the same amount of cigs in, only this time they tell me i am under arrest for prohitited goods. I am then held in the airport for around 3 hours until they take me to some kind of big customs building i believe it was in bangkok, I am now a little worried as to what the ###### is going on. After some chap has told me that i am liable to pay 3980 baht per carton for fine i am even more shocked. The men then told me if i do not pay i will be taken to prison and wait until the judge can see me monday, this is friday evening so what am i to do, they take me with 4 men no uniforms in a car around to atm machines until i cannot draw any more out, they wanted over 200,000 but i could not get so they took 149,625, this was out rageous in my eyes, i have brought cigs before and they have never said anything. so a small fine would of been enough for me to realise not to do again. Now i know this must be a right long shot but is there anyway i can get any kind of money back, i am going back to england monday and all i have is a silly receipt that i cannot even read as its in thia, the british embassy was closed so there was not a lot i could do. Any comments/opinions welcome.

One peed off brit in bkk :o

You were lucky you were not arrested and spent some time in the gaol. If you did not take the money from the ATM thats where you would have been. A friend of mine had to lend someone 100K to get out of Nong Kai police station. I think his total bill in court was around 250K. My friend is still waiting for his money. He was bringing in 50 cartons too.

I am currently a little bemused with the customs here in thailand. I returned from the phils yesterday with my usuall 50 cartons of cigarretes of malbrough lights. I have been asked to put my bag through the x-ray which i have done before with exactly the same amount of cigs in, only this time they tell me i am under arrest for prohitited goods. I am then held in the airport for around 3 hours until they take me to some kind of big customs building i believe it was in bangkok, I am now a little worried as to what the ###### is going on. After some chap has told me that i am liable to pay 3980 baht per carton for fine i am even more shocked. The men then told me if i do not pay i will be taken to prison and wait until the judge can see me monday, this is friday evening so what am i to do, they take me with 4 men no uniforms in a car around to atm machines until i cannot draw any more out, they wanted over 200,000 but i could not get so they took 149,625, this was out rageous in my eyes, i have brought cigs before and they have never said anything. so a small fine would of been enough for me to realise not to do again. Now i know this must be a right long shot but is there anyway i can get any kind of money back, i am going back to england monday and all i have is a silly receipt that i cannot even read as its in thia, the british embassy was closed so there was not a lot i could do. Any comments/opinions welcome.

One peed off brit in bkk :o

Nasty business these guys, I'm not going to put you down as I've suffered financial loss myself. I'm hoping your not financially fcked up now.

If you can stand tall and brave the storm then contact a thai lawyer and see what you come up with. I know its too late now but to be honest maybe taking a week-ends jail time would of probably saved you some baht. But its too late for that now of course.

######, I wish you luck

On an OT note I'd love to know what ATM spews out 150 K !!! Mine only lets me have 50K.

Ok, so lets assume this is not a troll and he does traffick in Tobacco, I can’t see on this thread where any of us has asked him what he takes back out with him in all that empty space. 8 trips to LOS a year --- Spends his time pottering around in a sahmlore (with the wheels falling off) --- I think I know where the wheels fell off. :D

What are you trafficking out? :o

When I last went back to the UK I saw a woman at a customs dsk where they had just unpacked a COMPLETE suitcase full of gold blocks of B&H . There must have been 60 cartons, and there was I worrying about bringing 2 packs in.

Wonder what she copped for that lot?

Simple rule of thumb is if you are going to smuggle (and that is what you have done,) you can be lucky and get away with it a few times and then you will get caught.

Then you will Pay through the nose.

Thats the risk you took and got caught. Tough Luck.

No sympathy from me I am afraid, I think you were lucky to get off so ligthtly, its not as if you needed to do it, if you can draw out that much money from ATM machines in one afternoon! I could not do that, which proves that you were probably making quite a lot of money from this little scam. If you had not been able to get your hands on so much cash , you would have indded spent the weekend in prison (rather you than me mate).

I don't think you are a TROLL by the way, just a bit of an idiot.

This would make a great soap opera

I asked what was in the cigarettes now I Know ATeMenes or there abouts for a laugh.

Is this the longest thread going because when I flick back I don't really see any sympathy or actual acceptance of you.

Poor hard done by chap.(With money of course)

Maybe it's just my warped and sometimes heated sense of humor but where is the receipt and police report that was goung to be scanned and placed.

I dunno people I've done some stupid things in my life as we all probably have.

Like the man said put up the receipt I wanna see the police who are corrupt if there were any police and there was any contraband.

Some people slit their wrists for attention.

Do you need cigalogical help?

MP5 over

OK Just to my tuppence worth, I left Thailand in early may after being there for 3 months, I was in Florida before that 3 months also, over the two trips i accumulated quite a hall of ciggies, I was also in Majorca in sept and brought back 3000 cigs from there also, so in total I currently have about 8,000 M'Lights....all for my own use.

So my question.........If I was to return to Thailand with 2000 cigs that where bought in Thailand would I be breaking the customs rules, surely this would be OK as they have duty paid at the 7/11

Of course it's unlikely i will bring them back with me, I'm just pondering the senario, stupid idea anyway, I'll "just give them away" to friends etc

Oh and what is a TROLL ?

Edited by gharknes