Positiv Comments Regarding Thailand

itsme

I don't know if this topic came out in the forum already but reading the posts I see a lot of negative messages about Thailand, customs, bgs, difficulties accepting different cultures, scams and so on....What about commenting on the good ones that surely everyone of us have experienced in this country?

What is your best adventure or memory you have about Thailand?

It is easy to get a negative picture reading message boards, but negative topics do generate more interest just like the stories you see on the news. It is nice to think about the positives. I'll kick this off by listing my top 10 things Thai's do *better* than anywhere else in the world:

1. massages; traditional thai style are so awesome and cheap

2. toilets; cleaning using tp seems such a weird concept now

3. girls of course!

4. girls type 2

5. temples

6. endless variety of knock your socks off food

7. night activities

8. have fun, live for the day way of living

9. smiles

10. ???

Five or six years ago I did a tour of Isaan -- my first trip to the region. I was staying in Korat and wanted to get out to Phimai. I caught a tuktuk from the hotel and asked to go to the bus station. Just as we got there the bus to Phimai was pulling out. The tuktuk driver chased the bus, got the driver to stop and let me on the bus; making sure I was on my way without having to wait.

This was just the first of many acts of kindness I experienced on that trip. Perhaps one of the reasons I decided to settle in this area on retirement. (Backing in to parking spots notwithstanding... :o )

good stories dont sell newspapers, as we know ,and you dont learn anything from empty platitudes .

we have all had no doubt tons of miraculous ,and fabulous experiences .

Like the BGs and various other women that went home with you for the night and didnt want any cash !

unforgetable !!

Eden Club, October 5th 2002.

Unprintable.

I've heard about that place, you really are a BAD BOY. No wonder you miss LOS so much, nothing much like it in Thame.

Do they really have a line down the middle of the floor advising you of your choice?

I wasn't being serious, but I thought it would do until I chose the best real adventure and memory.

Which is probably most of last year, it was certainly an adventure in survival.

I did once visit the Eden club (no idea what date) and was quite shocked and would not go again.

That side of Thailand is actually the part I miss the least because it reminds me of when I was lonely and had consumed too much drink and decided that the answer was female attention.

Edited by The Gentleman Scamp

Scampy, What do you mean "You Dont Know What Date"?

October 5th 2002 you said it in your previous post.

Reckon you will remember that date the rest of yer life from what I've heard about it.

Trouble with living out your fantasies is that their arn't any fantasies anymore

Cheers

TP

There are so many things but propably the warm heartedness of the people. The most amazing experience happend to me about three years ago.

I was kicked out from Burma, officials said I had broken some traditional law. Still I'm not quite sure what was my wrong doing.

I had been staying there for few months in a monastery on a religious visa, and was on a few weeks leave. They local agents checked my papers and, since I had a religious visa I was taken to Yangon airport and sent to Bangkok. 20 usd in my pocket. Most of my bags were left in Burma.

First night in Bangkok I somehow ended up in a restaurant on Surawong, opposite PatPong, after one of the vaitresses forced me in. Propably cos I looked kinda funny, wearing a burmese pasoo, kind of a sarong, cos I only got one pair of pants with me. She ended up taking care of me and paying my living for three weeks out of her 300-400 baht/day salary, untill I got my monetary situation fixed and a flight back home. Now she's married and living in Italy. Happily I hope.

good stories dont sell newspapers, as we know ,and you dont learn anything from empty platitudes .

ooops I didn't know tv was selling newspapers, actually I though it was a forum where everybody shares experiences and point of views :o

ooops I didn't know tv was selling newspapers, actually I though it was a forum where everybody shares experiences and point of views :o

While on H.Ms business in NE thailand in march 63 , one of our advance party was bitten by a wriggly, 2 thais caried him over mountains back to our base camp and then just disappeared, a couple of months later we traced the 2 men, when we asked why they did not stay , at least for a meal , their answer was we do not need thanking for giving help, another example of the wonders of thailand, nignoy

I could fill a thousand volumes with things which are good about Thailand and maybe a page on my notebook with things which could be improved in the Kingdom.

At the end of the day we all post here because we love the country deeply no matter of where in the world we are.

Looking for negatives is the job of poor quality Guardian Journalists.

Leave it to them and let us here revel in the things we love about Thailand.

the best thing about thailand

was being lucky enough to go thier on holiday

and never stop going back

You got it Opthai, could not help myself from returning time after time.

Now I live here and personally would not want to live anywhere else, for all its faults it always comes down to THE LIST.

Pro's and Con's, as long as my Pro List is longer than my Con's list here will remain :o

I agree with the above posts. The first time here was amazing! Eyes like dinner plates most of the time, just couldnt take it all in and couldnt wait to get back!

Now, my wife and I have a house in BKK though we live and work in the middle east, the feeling of anticipation and excitement whenever we arrive "home" just never seems to fade.

I just love it! :o

I have been in Thailand for nearly 6 years, and one of the kindest and memorable things that happened to me was only about 3 months after I arrived.

I used to work as a Tour Leader, and this particular trip saw me with my group in Doi Mae Salong on a Wednesday night. This group of people was a really tough one to deal with. They had yelled at me, they told me that sleeping in hilltribes was uncomfortable (well...duh...), that the vehicles here were unsafe, that the drivers were unsafe, that the food was no good...and it went on and on. One 'man' even went so far to tell me "At home I drive a Bentley with airbags and seatbelts, and you have got us sitting in the back of a pickup truck with no safety features at all".

Anyway, that night I decided to hang with a couple of the group members (who are still good friends of mine) and have a couple of beers to alleviate the stress I was feeling.

I went to bed at about midnight (after only 2 beers from memory) and was feeling a bit weird. I thought it was just the beer, and the fact that we had just come off of a 4 day trek that was making me ache. Boy was I wrong. I ached and ached all night and couldn't get any sleep at all.

Morning finally arrived and I literally staggered out to tell my group to make sure that they were on time. Not one of these people who were sitting there even asked me how I was, even after I had to hang on to the front desk to stop myself from falling down.

I went back to my room and waited for the time my driver was due to arrive, and lugged myself out to the reception area.

It was at this stage that this kind faced man looked at me, got up from his chair and said "you are sick, you need a doctor". I told him that I had this nasty group of people to take care of and he told me not to worry about them and that he was getting me to the doctor NOW and the group could just wait.

Anyway, we drove up to the clinic and I asked him what his name was. "It's not important" he told me. I was too out of it to know what was going on, so I just let it go. He got me to the clinic, made the doctor check my blood (after he stitched up some blokes head from a pretty nasty motorbide accident) and bundled me back in to the car to get me back to my group.

Then he disappeared.

Around 5 weeks later, I was in Chiang Mai on the same trip and walked into our guesthouse and who do I see? This kind soul.

"You look better than you did a few weeks ago, Donna"

"Oh my god. My angel. Who ARE you?" I replied to him.

"I'm Charin"

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"What for? It didn't matter. You needed help, no-one was going to help you, so I did what any person should do. I helped."

It ends up that Charin is one of the operators we used on many trips that my company runs.

Needless to say, that started a fantastic friendship and one that I will have for a long time. Since then, I have had many wonderful things happen to me. I could go on for weeks about it. But I won't.

I used to tell my clients about our first meeting, and so many people used to cry at that story. I don't personally think it is a tear jerker BUT it IS a nice story all the same.

First time I came to Thailand I was blown away by the country,

its people, culture, food, beaches, mountains....the list goes on and on.

I just wish I had holidayed there sooner.

Now just 10 days to go before I make the move permanent :o:D

Eden Club, October 5th 2002.

Unprintable.

I have always found the E club to be a rip off and the sex routine and business like. The place is a sex factory where the workers want you of the conveyor belt ASAP. Yes I have said this elswhere and it is my honest opinion, deinately a negative.

Most positive thing about Thailand for me is the music, Luktung and Morlam have had me going back time after time, years after the sex scene became a bore.-peter

Edited by thai3

My first time to ever set foot on Asian soil, March 2003. Bangkok was stupdendous (in spite of itself), Pattaya was Pattaya. Then I sent my friends back home and spent ten days in Chiang Mai.It didn't take the entire ten days there to decide to come back to stay.

And speaking of carnal attractions, the incredibly sexy young men.