Registration Of Motorbike

SwaziBird

Will appreciate some advice.

Have acquired a motorbike with detachable sidecar and have to go down to register the transfer.

Since the sidecar is not the part that gets registered. it has been suggested that it would be best to detach same before going down to effect the transfer/registration.

This is a hassle and I was wondering whether , in fact, I need to take the bike and side-car with me at all.

My questions, then, are simply (1) can I merely present the paperwork at the counter and get the transfer effected or (2) do they need to inspect the bike before they will do so?

Thank you very much for your help

Cheers.

You have to take the bike, they check the chassis number (or some number on the bike anyway).

Thanks naboo. Appreciated. That's exactly what I needed to know ! Wish it were otherwise !

Cheers.

You have to take the bike, they check the chassis number (or some number on the bike anyway).

Thanks naboo. Appreciated. That's exactly what I needed to know ! Wish it were otherwise !

Cheers.

Take the original owner with green book so they can sign off on the bike to you, at the rego office, you will need passport a photo doc from imm with 2 photo's, I think 200 bt, a doc showing your place of residence- lease, don't take the side car as they are illegal.

around 650 bt for transfer.

Good luck

Cheers.

Take the original owner with green book so they can sign off on the bike to you, at the rego office, you will need passport a photo doc from imm with 2 photo's, I think 200 bt, a doc showing your place of residence- lease, don't take the side car as they are illegal.

around 650 bt for transfer.

Good luck

Thank you Hobc.

Know what to expect. Appreciate your help and advice.

Cheers.