How To Cook "sticky Rice" By Microwave

BambinA

well I read some topic that you guys posted.. i hope its helpful naka :D

Soak the sticky rice water in a bowl. The water level should be just above the rice around 1 "

Use a non-plastic container because you may melt the plastic in the microwave. Cover the bowl with a dish and cook in microwave for at HIGH power 5 minutes.

49107.jpg

Stir the rice around to move the rice from the top to the bottom. You will notice that some of the rice is translucent or cooked and some still has white center or the uncooked portion.Heat it up again for another 5 minutes.

27985.jpg

Check and see if it is done. keep bown it in Microwave for make it welldone

If it needs more cooking, I recommend heating up and checking every 2 minutes or so. . bring the bowl rest in microwave for 8-10 mins .

72197.jpg

When cooked, all the rice should be translucent.

82544.jpg

Bambi :o

well I  read some topic that you guys posted.. i hope  its helpful naka :D

Soak the sticky rice  water in a bowl.  The water level should be just above the rice around 1 "

Use a non-plastic container because you may melt the plastic in the microwave. Cover the bowl with a dish and cook in microwave for at HIGH power 5 minutes.

49107.jpg

Stir the rice around to move the rice from the top to the bottom. You will notice that some of the rice is translucent or cooked and some still has white center or the uncooked portion.Heat it up again for another 5 minutes.

27985.jpg

Check and see if it is done.  keep  bown it in Microwave  for make it welldone

If it needs more cooking, I recommend heating up and checking every 2 minutes or so. .  bring the  bowl rest in  microwave for 8-10 mins  .

72197.jpg

When cooked, all the rice should be translucent.

82544.jpg

Bambi  :o

Thanks Bambi... :D

totster :D

Advice Please :D

My wife is still in Thailand (Awaiting Visa Interview August)

I want to surprise her when she arrives in UK :o

1 Can I cook Sticky Rice in Electric Steamer?

2 What sort of rice will I need?

I AM NO COOK BUT I TRY :D

Thanks in anticipation :D

Ivan

:D

Advice Please :D

My wife is still in Thailand (Awaiting Visa Interview August)

I want to surprise her when she arrives in UK :D

I AM NO COOK BUT I TRY :D

Thanks in anticipation  :D

Ivan

cups long-grain white sticky rice, sweet rice or glutinous rice

Rinse the rice, cover with tap water 2 to 3 inches above the level of the rice and soak four hours, or overnight. The rice will absorb much of the water and grow in size. It will also soften such that the grains easily break into pieces if pressed between the fingers.

Drain and spread loosely in a dry, small, shallow dish. Place the dish on a steamer rack positioned over a steamer pot with at least 1 1/2 inches of water on the bottom. Steam the rice dry (without any water added) over medium heat for half an hour, or until the grains are translucent, softened but chewy

about

>> well im not sure naka , try to go to asian market there

Sticky rice is usually labelled "glutinous rice" or "sweet rice." The following brands are all good: Golden Phoenix, Butterfly, and Sanpatong (Three Ladies Brand).

It's Bambi :o

Tip for "streamer"

Avoid steaming the rice directly on a steamer rack lined with dampened cloth (as suggested by some sources) because the moisture the cloth absorbs is likely to turn the grains touching it into a mushy, gooey mass.

If you are making just a small quantity (i.e., less than two cups), it would work to steam the rice in a dry bowl placed on a steamer rack.

Do spread the grains out loosely rather than compacting them down on the dish; this makes it easier for the steam to reach the inner layers and cook all the grains more evenly.

Make sure to soak the rice in plenty of water for several hours, or overnight, before steaming. Steam about half an hour or until the rice is thoroughly cooked through

=== IMHO ,i think.use microwave is easier ka===

obviously,its bamby :o

Tip for "streamer"

Avoid steaming the rice directly on a steamer rack lined with dampened cloth (as suggested by some sources) because the moisture the cloth absorbs is likely to turn the grains touching it into a mushy, gooey mass.

If you are making just a small quantity (i.e., less than two cups), it would work to steam the rice in a dry bowl placed on a steamer rack.

Do spread the grains out loosely rather than compacting them down on the dish; this makes it easier for the steam to reach the inner layers and cook all the grains more evenly.

Make sure to soak the rice in plenty of water for several hours, or overnight, before steaming. Steam about half an hour or until the rice is thoroughly cooked through

=== IMHO ,i think.use microwave  is easier ka===

obviously,its  bamby  :D

why, when I use the microwave method, is the rice too sticky... what i mean is that the rice sticks to my fingers and everything else....

When my wife cooks it, this never happens... :o

Tip for "streamer"

why, when I use the microwave method, is the rice too sticky... what i mean is that the rice sticks to my fingers and everything else....

That it was from you're a Sticky -Stingy man :D

Let's wife do it then.. :D

maybe you soak too much water? (in step 1 ,after cook for 5 mins High power..if it still have some water above rice...get it of)

Bambi :D

Tip for "streamer"

My Sh1t ain't sticky... :D

I would love my wife to cook sticky rice for me.... but alas there is 6000 miles seperating us... :D

Tip for "streamer"

My Sh1t ain't sticky... :D

I would love my wife to cook sticky rice for me.... but alas there is 6000 miles seperating us... :D

I forget to tell you, my microwave method no need to soak rice four hours, or overnight. ... just do it in meantime ..no different

Bambi :D