Nature

soohk

Rob , can you help this chap out please ?

Nah.... I don't like eating butterflies, - they leave a bad taste in my moth. facepalm.gif

Yeah, no probs - I have sent him a PM.

I used to think your humour was somewhat satirical , now I know it was just non-existent sorry.gif

Well it's goodnight from him and its ....

• Like 1

Rob , can you help this chap out please ?

Nah.... I don't like eating butterflies, - they leave a bad taste in my moth. facepalm.gif

Yeah, no probs - I have sent him a PM.

I used to think your humour was somewhat satirical , now I know it was just non-existent sorry.gif

Well it's goodnight from him and its ....

Thanks guys:)

• Like 1

Misguided Fruit Fly

P1060025%2BBee%2Bin%2BBasil.jpg

Quite amazing. I would like to know the details of this capture. You've managed to freeze the subject but retained the motion in the wings. It's almost like a still frame from a movie. I can't believe you just walked out into the garden and took a shot (?)

Care to share?

Misguided Fruit Fly

Quite amazing. I would like to know the details of this capture. You've managed to freeze the subject but retained the motion in the wings. It's almost like a still frame from a movie. I can't believe you just walked out into the garden and took a shot (?)

Care to share?

Thanks , well to be perfectly honest I did just go out and take a shot in the garden although several shots be that . This image took 2 takes , maybe 2 seconds apart to gain some focus , one discarded.

I took 8 photos in total chasing this little bee around the basil trying to get mid-air and settled shots , at various focal lengths , I ditched 3 images.

Camera was set to auto , I have no end of problems with this camera trying to control the SS and aperture , if I manually set any SS the camera will shutter lag and the image will take about 3 seconds to resonate in the viewfinder , I have not tried jpeg to see if there is a problem with that setting though. This happens even at 1/1000 @ 2.8 as well , no idea why. Focus tracking disabled .

Using a macro lens takes a fair bit of patience as I have had to discover , this is a 60mm ED 2.8 M Zuiko and it hunts wildly as well , a bit like trying to wind in a kite on a windy day getting manual focus as well even after an attempt at auto focus , but the end results are ok .

Exif data for this image is f 5.6 at 1/500 at 60mm on M4/3 , so 120 mm eq. iso 200 , I did crop out the distractions as best as possible and I will attach the unedited raw for comparison here .

apologies for being long winded

P1060025.jpg

• Like 2

Iphone photo, lit by handheld second iphone LED.

attachicon.gifbutterfly.jpg

Actually a moth. At first I thought this one was one of the brightly coloured Arctiidae. In fact it is a Noctuidae, Asota subfascia. They are all part of a group of families called Noctuoid. A great shot by the way, with a phone. I very much like how you used a second phone to get the lighting boost you needed.

Edited by Mousehound