Nature

soohk

Only just managed to spot this

attachicon.gifSAM_2062_crp.jpg

Another great Moth pic. Not surprised you nearly missed it - very cryptic. Green moths often ingest cyanide based compounds to act as a deterrent against being eaten and other moths (and butterflies do the same thing) imitate these as a protective measure even though they do not feed on poisonous plants. The bright moths are usually day time flyers of course as drab coloured moths are active at night when bright colour has no benefit in attracting a mate.

• Like 1

Argh , be the size of a tic-tac to be sure Rob , thanks for your kind remarks BTW , this is one I am said to believe has loving eyes ? wub.png

Silver Orb Spider , I think or St. something cross spider , I was never good at Geography facepalm.gif

Probably Jamaican....It looks like it's got a Rasta hat on it's bum!!

sorry.gif

It's another cracking photo, but Rob is going to be looking under every cup, in every chair from now on... ermm.gif AND IN THE BED w00t.gif

• Like 2

@ Goompa, brilliant shot

How far away was you from this spider and what size sensor and what mm lens did you use?

Thanks , was shot with a 60 mm MZuiko macro , about 20 cm focal distance at f4 1/25 sec iso was at 800 as it was a bit dark, hence the short DOF , I am still learning this camera to be honest OLY EM10 the lens is not very forgiving without a tripod but I am somewhat impatient as well so I tend to lose a lot of images facepalm.gif

Cheers

Fantastic shot FR , I really don't know how you get these shots thumbsup.gif , Man I am struggling so much to nail it , I have viewed some of the photos you have taken over the time and were kind enough to post on TVF for those to view , I am still mind-boggled as to how you nail these !

and now my screen is blown out as well , I admire your ability and those that have the ability as well .... Congratulations FR , Great Stuff !

• Like 1