Nature

soohk

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice photos, gang. And thank you, Anguid for the photo of the cashew nuts on the stem. I've never seen cashews other than in a package or bowl. They are quite attractive.

I leave my back yard in Canada rather wild because the wild game likes it better that way. The blacktail deer come into my yard to rest on my rough lawn that I only cut once a month. I don't mind too much if they munch on my climbing rose bushes and trim my tulips. This little buck was resting until I disturbed him to take a photo.

Back_yard_buck_3.jpg

Thank you, Ian.

I use a Canon 450D with Canon 100 mm f 2.8 Micro lens (no stabilized), sometimes with camera flash, sometimes with a ring strobe.

For the yellow beetle a tripod too.

Thanks for the reply. I only carry one lens with me when I travel to Thailand... an 18 to 200 for my Nikon 200D. it gives a good cross section for snapshots and medium telephotos, but not so good for real close ups. I also carry a Pentax W30 for when I'm around water, but the time delay prevents some photos being taken. The new Pentax W90 has a special lens and lighting system for extreme close ups, but I haven't checked it out. I have close up lenses at home in Canada that I use if I'm on photo shoot sort of day, but I don't bring them to Thailand with me.

Archived