Technology

ESB7

Ok...its not really related to Thailand but I would like thoughts on present technology.....I think its fantastic, you can email anywhere in the world, look at the web or call from Thailand and the recipitant thinks you are in the U.S/U.K but it sucks when it dont work.....really peefs me off....as a middle aged guy, years ago, if something didnt work, you could at least try to repair it yourselfe..check connections etc, cars, electrics, any household items but now we are truly stuffed by chips and all that stuff, life should get easier, not harder..and I still prefer hard copies to discs etc...print outs dont get lost in computer space....thoughts please...

Quite agree esb7, one thing that really bugged me was no longer getting a proper airline ticket and I used to get very annoyed about it and sometimes even kicked up a stink about it. I am quite computer literate but still find in many instances there are faults that aren't even in my power to correct, or when a single simple part in your car needs repairing but you have to have a whole new assembly. And DVD players etc, how on earth do you set the time on the things.

I'm all for a paperless world (save the trees, lower the amount of trash and all that), but my fear is that we are now so dependent on technology that cyber terrorism has become a real threat. A good hacker or cyber attack sponsored by a rogue government could reek havoc on the world, a country, an area, or a person or family. Privacy is also a concern with more and more information about all of us residing out here on the net.