Tv Link

WHITESAND

Ok lots of people run another cable out of the back of their ubc box so they can watch ubc upstairs but in the uk you can buy a magic eye for sky satellite so that you can also change channel from upstairs. The RF2 output must be powered though and on a skybox this is just an option in the menu. I have the magic eye but my ubc box menu is in Thai, before I try to get the wife to try to explain down the phone to ubc does anyone know if they work here? Surely they would sell them on their website if it does? Does anyone know? For those that are not from the uk and have no idea what I mean google magic eye sky and it is the first thing that comes up.

Since it's not an IR re-transmitter (it sends data to the SkyBox via the RF2 output) I doubt it will work :)

I've seen wireless IR extenders (which actually output IR which the receiver sees) in the IT malls, please don't ask where my memory isn't that good :D

Sorry but I can't resist.

If you can, from UBC/True, get:

- A staff member to actually listen

- A logical and specific answer

- Something which is positive for a customer,

Then you deserve a medal!

Edited by scorecard

You say the True Visions (UBC) menu is in Thai but it can be changed to English. I seriously doubt True will help you install a free system whereby different channels can be watched on another TV as they charge extra for that.

You say the True Visions (UBC) menu is in Thai but it can be changed to English. I seriously doubt True will help you install a free system whereby different channels can be watched on another TV as they charge extra for that.

I believe he just wants to remotely control the box from two locations. My main true box is in the upstairs main bedroom with an RF feed down to the living room TV so it just mirrors what is shown upstairs.

UBC has the"magic eye" available. You purchase it and there are no monthly charges for it.

I have UBC in three locations. I am able to change channels in any of these rooms.

Of course all three locations must watch the same channel.

If you want to view different channels, then you'll be paying for rental of another receiver

As for Menu language, have a Thai person show you where the language options are.

That is something the installer should have shown you.

Is it possible to watch UBC in other rooms without getting an extra box and having to pay their excessive fees for this?

Not legally, and of course discussing methods to do so is against forum rules. :)