Dyes For Clothes

Thulemin

Hi!

I've got a pair of trousers that got spots on it and they won't leave. So, before throwing it away, I thought I could try dying it a darker color (it's light grey at the moment) to see if I can save them... Anyone knows where I could buy dyes? I've seen some psychedelic tee-shirts at the walking street and I assume they're home-made (or the first ones were), so I'm pretty sure I should be able to find some somewhere.

Thanks a lot!

• 2 weeks later...

chiang mai plastic at wororot market has dye in a variety of colors.

there are also still a couple guys on bicycle that dye black for you.

not sure if they come through your neighborhood.

Thank you :) I found the dyes at Chiang Mai Plastic but seems I did a bad job at trying to dye it brown (lots of darker and lighter spots). Where would I be able to find these guys on bicycle? I live on Nimman but I could easily move around...

Cheers!

i used to live in viang ping near cm gate thats where the bicycle guy came by.he actually had the pot and fire on the back of the bicycle.

my guess is that you had the pants in a pot too small and didn't move it enough to get it even.try again with the brown and more liquid and stirring.

add salt later and or vinegar for fixating.i will be back in cm next week and if you can't get it done maybe the wife will do it for you.she gas a business at the nite bazaar and dies frequently.

Thanks for the input! I'm going to try it again :D I'm leaving town on Tuesday morning though, so I'm trying to get it done before then... Any idea how much your wife would charge for it?

she gas a business at the nite bazaar and dies frequently.

:)

Hahaha, I hadn't even noticed!

Thanks for the input! I'm going to try it again :D I'm leaving town on Tuesday morning though, so I'm trying to get it done before then... Any idea how much your wife would charge for it?

she gas a business at the nite bazaar and dies frequently.

:)

Hahaha, I hadn't even noticed!

that is very funny indeed!

the wife is alive and well though and the best would be you call her but i cannot post her number here for obvious reasons -

send me a message or something and i give you the number.

she is very friendly and won't take much.especially if you give her the dye and you could just meet her at the night bazaar i guess or in serapi

..there is a private home who dye a lot of items approx. 40 baht per piece..they're situated in the first little soi behind Wat Chompoo off Chaiyaphum Road on the north-eastern side of the moat..or first soi to your right off Vitchayanon Road if your heading towards US Consulate.. (on left side of the soi, two storey house with items hanging up outside to dry)..