Hotel California

Or 'Baggy Trousers'?

Where did you keep hearing that then....?

totster :D

Maybe in his head? :o

You're a septic Boon, you won't have heard decent eighties English music.

Madness tried to make it in the U.S. with a single called 'Our House' which the yanks loved, but later they released 'It Must Be Love', a very simple love song which the American's couldn't get their head round.

Not my words Boony, the words of Mike Barson and Suggs.

Madness tried to make it in the U.S. with a single called 'Our House' which the yanks loved, but later they released 'It Must Be Love', a very simple love song which the American's couldn't get their head round.

Also Scamp , " It must be love" was written/recorded a few years earlier by Labi Siffre ( One of the first openly Gay singers ) Great version nonetheless.

:o

Edited by chonabot

Or 'Baggy Trousers'?

Where did you keep hearing that then....?

Maybe in his head? :o

You're a septic Boon, you won't have heard decent eighties English music.

Not my words Boony, the words of Mike Barson and Suggs.

Was watching T4 today and saw them playing live down at Weston Super Mare... It was good to see them all on stage.. :D

edit/... I'm talking about Madness btw..

Edited by Totster

Good record but how many times you heard it played in Thailand?

gotta quite a collection of Eagles record, played as often as I pleased.

I bought a double cassette of Eagles' tracks quite recently in Udon. Good price and handy for those long journey's from Chonburi to Sakorn Nakhon and back again.

Also enjoy a bit of U2 when driving.

Last year, the original version was voted the best guitar solo ever. It's an absolute masterpiece. Henley/Frey have written some brilliant stuff, but I don't think they have or will top this one. Plus, having Joe Walsh and Don Felder both playing lead guitar on the original makes for a very special track.

But if you go to the Return Bar opposite the school in Cherntalay (Phuket) between 9-11pm, you will hear it performed by a Thai solo artist on guitar and drum machine in a manner that makes me think that perhaps Henley/Frey would burn all copies of the music and break every album/CD of it.

Last year, the original version was voted the best guitar solo ever. It's an absolute masterpiece. Henley/Frey have written some brilliant stuff, but I don't think they have or will top this one. Plus, having Joe Walsh and Don Felder both playing lead guitar on the original makes for a very special track.

But if you go to the Return Bar opposite the school in Cherntalay (Phuket) between 9-11pm, you will hear it performed by a Thai solo artist on guitar and drum machine in a manner that makes me think that perhaps Henley/Frey would burn all copies of the music and break every album/CD of it.

I heard a bloke singing it while playing an acoustic guitar in a restaurant in Udon. He couldn't reach some of the notes and his playing wasn't that good either. I looked round the restaurant but no-one else seemed to notice. Maybe they did but were just being polite.

On the other hand, I spent a birthday at the Charoensi beer garden in Udon (now an Italian restaurant) a few years back and I really enjoyed the bands' three versions of 'HC'. They also done a good version of 'Tell Me' by Madonna ( I'm not usually a Madonna fan by the way) which was particularly impressive as the singer was a man.

Then again, I was very drunk at the time.

I think Hotel California is rubbish.

I'd prefer the bands in Thailand to cover "Hello John got a new motor" by Alexi Sayle.

Gotta love Alexi Sayle. Especially that sketch where he's at the hairdresser's with a plastic thingamajig over his head reading aloud out of a ladies' gossip mag in a falsetto voice until the other women in there go bonkers. It's one of the top ten best laughs of my entire life.

I think Hotel California is rubbish.

I'd prefer the bands in Thailand to cover "Hello John got a new motor" by Alexi Sayle.

Gotta love Alexi Sayle. Especially that sketch where he's at the hairdresser's with a plastic thingamajig over his head reading aloud out of a ladies' gossip mag in a falsetto voice until the other women in there go bonkers. It's one of the top ten best laughs of my entire life.

Did you enjoy his performance of 'Doctor Martens Boots' on the 'Young Ones'?