Visine Eye Drops

dingdongrb

I'm not even sure if you can buy Visine eye drops in Thailand let alone CM. I have looked in CM at some of my local shopping places and have not had any success. I tried a few brands of what the local Thai stores have suggested and stock but honestly they don't work as well as what I am accustomed to with using Visine. I want something that will take that red, itchy, burning feeling out... Anyone know where to buy Visine or perhaps a suggested alternate?

I have dry eye syndrome that comes and goes and of course worse in the smoggy season. I looked for Visine with no luck but found something that works very well for me at the pharmacy on the 3rd floor at Kad Suan Kaew. Alcon Tears Naturale II. A doctor did recommend Vislube to me but found it to be a bit too oily and hard to get used to. Try both and see how it goes.

TN_polyquad_web.jpg

Better late than never - but I have been out of Thailand for about a month. When you mention Visine for red and itchy eyes, I presume you mean the original formulation of Visine, as opposed to those for allergies, dry eyes, etc.

There is a product which is made in Thailand, which is exactly the same formulation as Visine original. I use it personally, and have recommended it to many.

The product is EYE MO RE -- available in many pharmacies throughout Thailand.

Thanks all for the places where some say Visine can be obtained as well as some suggestions for other products that appear to work well for others. This gives me many options and places to check out.

It has been a few yrs since I've been back in the USA and every time I go I usually always get some of these things:

Levi jean (real ones)

Socks (my size)

Visine

Alka-Seltzer Plus for Colds

I was in New Zealand last year and I thought I would search there for Visine. Couldn't find one place in Auckland that sold it.

BTW, for the Visine, it really makes no difference to me which type (reg or allergy) as both seem the same for my needs...RED ITCHY BURNING (eyes not crotch)....must be this clear smoke-free CM air.. :)

I was informed a couple months ago, the manufaturer stop producing Viscine. Wonder how veera pharmacy still have them OTC.

The company is still on line but they do have this statement > Important Recall Information

That recall is only for the one "All Day Eye Itch Relief" product listed, and has nothing to do with "original" Visene or any of their other products. Reading the relase helps :)

I was informed a couple months ago, the manufaturer stop producing Viscine. Wonder how veera pharmacy still have them OTC.

The company is still on line but they do have this statement > Important Recall Information

That recall is only for the one "All Day Eye Itch Relief" product listed, and has nothing to do with "original" Visene or any of their other products. Reading the relase helps :)

My point was toward the other poster in that perhaps that is what he heard. Yeah, I have one of these icons too :D

I had red itchy eyes and nothing local seemed to make a great difference. I did get a little relief.

My doctor told me that I wasn't getting enough oxygen she could tell by looking at my eyes. I all ready knew that through a sleep test at home in Canada. The day was OK but night was way low. I have since purchased a machine to make it for me at night and after two days the eyes cleared up and stay clear. :)

Update:

Peera Pharmacy no longer carries Visine. Checked it out this morning and the reply I got was that have none and will no longer re-stock.

I guess next weekend I will try IMBabaBobo's suggestion and wonder to the pharmacy on Tanon Suthep.

QUOTE (PMNL @ 2010-06-05 15:37:46) I was informed a couple months ago, the manufaturer stop producing Viscine. Wonder how veera pharmacy still have them OTC.

yes it is true it is of the market, in Thailand anyway. Shops that still sell it must have some left, so watch the expiration date!

I had red itchy eyes and nothing local seemed to make a great difference. I did get a little relief.

My doctor told me that I wasn't getting enough oxygen she could tell by looking at my eyes. I all ready knew that through a sleep test at home in Canada. The day was OK but night was way low. I have since purchased a machine to make it for me at night and after two days the eyes cleared up and stay clear. biggrin.gif

Interesting post, what type of machine for O2 did you get here ?

• 3 months later...