Dog Cull Bangrak?

Honestly, this post is ridiculous. Thai people feed dogs to gain merit. Thai women that is..They're not on the top of the reincarnation tree. A majority of Thais are very poor and compete for food. If you lived on 1000 Baht a day and a soi dog stole your food, how would you feel? You'd kill the f**ker. Yes, soi dogs have made attempts on my life.Soi dogs have had me off my bike twice and badly bitten me. Painfull rabies injections and bike damage.The next day went back to the same spot and culled those who were responsible with a metal baseball bat to the skull. You really should leave your bleeding heart, animals have rights attitude, in the First World. You live in Thailand........ :)

That's hilarious:

soi dogs have made attempts on my life

I can see it now. A soi dog meeting early one morning, "today guys it's screamingeagle, the hit is on, a bounty has been made on his head, 2 bags of dog biscuits for the first one to take his life. Yes guys, the word has come down from the top... our soi dog brothers in Bangkok said he has to go..."

The next day went back to the same spot and culled those who were responsible with a metal baseball bat to the skull.

I really hope this is just b*llshit, culling dogs with a baseball bat is barbaric and sick. You sound just like the type of Farang we really want here on Samui...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Honestly, this post is ridiculous. Thai people feed dogs to gain merit. Thai women that is..They're not on the top of the reincarnation tree. A majority of Thais are very poor and compete for food. If you lived on 1000 Baht a day and a soi dog stole your food, how would you feel? You'd kill the f**ker. Yes, soi dogs have made attempts on my life.Soi dogs have had me off my bike twice and badly bitten me. Painfull rabies injections and bike damage.The next day went back to the same spot and culled those who were responsible with a metal baseball bat to the skull. You really should leave your bleeding heart, animals have rights attitude, in the First World. You live in Thailand........ :)

I can't see that many Thais fighting for food with soi dogs, and even less of them live on 1000 Baht a day. unsure.gif Still, most will shy away from directly getting their hands bloody (unless for monetary reasons of course).

And it makes me feel uncomfortable that it should be Ok for everyone to walk around and cull any dogs that are a bother - or even a deadly menace in some cases. Smashing their heads may grant personal satisfaction for some people, but won't contribute significantly to the solution of the stray dog problem. Can't see what should be wrong with a more civilised approach.

cool.gif

I think you have missed the op reasoning or trolling.He is not mentioning soi dogs,he is talking about a VICIOUS soi dog that will attack men,women and kids.I would also make certain that this dog would not attack anybody ever again,this post makes good sense,and its irrelevent how you cull the vicious beast.

I can't see that many Thais fighting for food with soi dogs, and even less of them live on 1000 Baht a day. unsure.gif Still, most will shy away from directly getting their hands bloody (unless for monetary reasons of course).

And it makes me feel uncomfortable that it should be Ok for everyone to walk around and cull any dogs that are a bother - or even a deadly menace in some cases. Smashing their heads may grant personal satisfaction for some people, but won't contribute significantly to the solution of the stray dog problem. Can't see what should be wrong with a more civilised approach.

cool.gif

I think you have missed the op reasoning or trolling.He is not mentioning soi dogs,he is talking about a VICIOUS soi dog that will attack men,women and kids.I would also make certain that this dog would not attack anybody ever again,this post makes good sense,and its irrelevent how you cull the vicious beast.

stray dogs should be captured and vaccinated then let go. i would feel easier around strays if they were all rabied jabbed. there again if some people want to grab strays and take them down the vet and do it themselves then that should also be ok problem is that to check it would need a micro chip. are there any micro chip readers or people to put the chip in. in samui. if so let me know. in phuket i read an artical years ago that all dogs had to be micro chipped. don't know if can do on samui.

case closed by Pink Panther investigations.

D.S cluso has stated that it is confirmed that the dogs have been blown away by a gust of bad winde. the suspect in custody was found at the seen with a left over red hot chilly pepper which detectives think will link him the the bad smell.

case closed pending the human waste autopsy. should the pepper match the content in his brown package then he is the cull prat

case closed by Pink Panther investigations.

D.S cluso has stated that it is confirmed that the dogs have been blown away by a gust of bad winde. the suspect in custody was found at the seen with a left over red hot chilly pepper which detectives think will link him the the bad smell.

case closed pending the human waste autopsy. should the pepper match the content in his brown package then he is the cull prat

I heard this was just a smear campaign.

cool.gif

stray dogs should be captured and vaccinated then let go. i would feel easier around strays if they were all rabied jabbed. there again if some people want to grab strays and take them down the vet and do it themselves then that should also be ok problem is that to check it would need a micro chip. are there any micro chip readers or people to put the chip in. in samui. if so let me know. in phuket i read an artical years ago that all dogs had to be micro chipped. don't know if can do on samui.

Vaccinations only? What about spaying and neutering?? Worming, mange control (which by the way is contagious to humans )Parvo, along with numerous other parasites etc. many of these diseases can not be vaccinated for merely once, they require boosters to be effective and most need to be done annually, you're suggesting an ongoing, costly, overwhelming and unrealistic task even in a modern country.

Then there's that nasty issue of feces etc. that is out of control and flowing into every river that receives drainage from the streets.. Think about that for a moment, in all of these remote communities they have local reservoirs that are replenished by street rain water and used during the dry season, are you drinking this water?? The likely answer is yes if you live on an island or in some slightly exclusive, remote community and even some not so remote and receive water truck deliveries. Personally the idea of walking bare footed on the beach and stepping in feces is not at all appealing to me, there is already a thread here ongoing about this plight in Phuket the irresponsible human waste and pollution is bad enough..

<snip> link above: "Is there a such thing as Mange in Humans? The answer is yes, sarcoptic mange is the only type of mange that can be spread from animals to humans. Please understand Mange in Humans is very common when you have pets. While Sarcoptes (which causes scabies) can infect a wide variety of animals (including cats and dogs), cheyletiella usually infects rabbits; humans get infected because they usually sleep with their pets or hug their pets."

Edited by WarpSpeed

There's to many dogs roaming the streets, so why do so many people find it hard to understand a good old cull?

the dogs at the end of my street have knocked at least 2 people off their motorbikes but no one owns them, but when a tourist squashed one some thai gentleman demanded payment for his mutt,

keep on cullin baby

Its not just in Ban Rak. I have been back to UK for 2 weeks. When I went back to my usual position on the very southern end of Chawang beach I thought it was quiet and something was amiss but I could not put my finger on it. Having read this thread I have just realised all the dogs have gone. There was just me and my dog all day yesturday and today. Normally they are scrapping and mooching around all day.

I know they can be a pain but its very sad.

This is when I worry, about taking my dogs anywhere. Sad, but I can't take the chance of taking them swimming with the knowledge they have baits out there.Dogs are dogs they will chase food, don't know what training is there, but I doubt if it's effective.

I let my dog "Happy" go for the morning wee 6.00am

I been worry all day but he came back now. :)

Lucky dog. Must have been with his mate Ending.laugh.gif

Honestly, some of the replies on here leave me shocked. Dogs culled and sent to Vietnam for food, they're a nuisance and should be collected (and done what with?), blah, blah blah. If you treat these dogs well, they will in return treat you well. Have you noticed that Thai people tend to suffer from dogs barking at them and seemingly chasing them (although if the humans stopped running and clapped their hands the dogs would stop), because the majority are unkind to the soi dogs.

Everywhere I go it takes me three times as long when I'm with my wife as she stops and feeds every dog or cat that she sees. Yes, even in our own street and we have a dog of our own that doesn't generally batter an eyelid. Why should the dogs be culled just because you don't like them? They don't like you, but have not made an attempt on your life!

Mate, you're obviously just a sub-normal XXX if you think the answer is a baseball bat, lets hope you don't cause a motorbike accident and someone comes back with a baseball bat for your skull!

And well done old man for pointing out the bleeding obvious, I live in Thailand. You should audition for Mastermind! If you think animals don't have a right to live, I feel sorry for you.

Edited by Rooo
Removed flame. Rooo.

I have a electric shock bark collar if you want to borrow it BigC? My missus didn't like it. She doesn't do "sardid" :)

wow sold. i can i discise it as gold. then when she annoys me i can send a remote control shock. that could be the answer to my prayers cheers

<snip> link above: "Is there a such thing as Mange in Humans? The answer is yes, sarcoptic mange is the only type of mange that can be spread from animals to humans. Please understand Mange in Humans is very common when you have pets. While Sarcoptes (which causes scabies) can infect a wide variety of animals (including cats and dogs), cheyletiella usually infects rabbits; humans get infected because they usually sleep with their pets or hug their pets."

maybe can put them in dog rescue vaccinate them. stop them from breeding then tagg them up then let them go

Honestly, some of the replies on here leave me shocked. Dogs culled and sent to Vietnam for food, they're a nuisance and should be collected (and done what with?), blah, blah blah. If you treat these dogs well, they will in return treat you well. Have you noticed that Thai people tend to suffer from dogs barking at them and seemingly chasing them (although if the humans stopped running and clapped their hands the dogs would stop), because the majority are unkind to the soi dogs.

Everywhere I go it takes me three times as long when I'm with my wife as she stops and feeds every dog or cat that she sees. Yes, even in our own street and we have a dog of our own that doesn't generally batter an eyelid. Why should the dogs be culled just because you don't like them? They don't like you, but have not made an attempt on your life!

Mate, you're obviously just a sub-normal XXX if you think the answer is a baseball bat, lets hope you don't cause a motorbike accident and someone comes back with a baseball bat for your skull!

And well done old man for pointing out the bleeding obvious, I live in Thailand. You should audition for Mastermind! If you think animals don't have a right to live, I feel sorry for you.

I have never been bitten by a dog in Thailand, like they say a dog can tell a bad man at 10mt, the Thai's eat dogs on a regular basis most will deny it but it's fact! This is not only a Issan thing it's all over Thailand, but I think the end of it is on its way as the younger people become more compassionate to animals. Because the lack of food really does not excess anymore, not in my area of Issan anyway.

I have traveled around Thailand and driven of 200,000 kilo in 3 years and really have not seen that much poverty. But I have found it very hard to find the truth about almost everything I ask, including do many Thais eat dogs. My feeling is yes they do percentages not a clue, have you?

Maybe these dogs are going to ???? Photo taken yesterday 14th June in between Non Suwan, Pakham Just south of Nang Rong, Buriram.

I think this van was collecting dogs to sell for food but also selling them to the locals as they were looking at which one was for dinner that night, but at least some people got a nice bamboo basket worth nearly 100Baht for their faithful friend. Well that's Thailand we live in!

Denis, Living in Nong Don, LamPlaiMat

post-64450-089160400 1276580682_thumb.jp

Edited by denishuahin

I do not know much about Buriram denishuahim. And I may not even be a huge expert on Samui but I am certain no such "collection" or sale of dogs for baskets occurs on Koh Phangan. I sincerely doubt it occurs on Samui as well. Most Southerners do not eat dogs, it is not in their diet. I know we've always been warned to watch out for the migrant laborers stealing our dogs to eat them but so far, fingers crossed, its never happened.

Please do note that we are all talking about Samui here and not Buriram or anywhere else on the mainland, thanks. It would be completely cost ineffective for the kinds of roundups you are describing to happen on the island. Nobody is going to pay to ship dogs off island and all the way north. cheers.