Tailors In Bangkok

ianpants69

I'm back in Bangkok and just want shirts made. I have been told that the Bangkok Post had an article listing the top seven tailors in the city it'd great to get a copy of this.

I have no idea who to choose otherwise.

Any pointers would be good though.

For over twenty years I have been using Gulati situated on the corner of Sukhumvit and Soi Nana. Nobody standing outside the shop trying to drag you in, they don't need to since they have so many return customers. Just tell them that " Father in Pattaya " sent you!

• 3 weeks later...

There is a place along Sukhumvit Rd just before On-Nut BTS that we have used for over 25 years called Suit Sara. Only Thai Tailers and quite conservative styles - From what i understand they cater for the Thai Hi -So as they do a lot of military uniforms, regalia dress, and evening wear . Last time i was there was about 3 years ago and i got a 3 piece business suit with a extra trousers for a bit over 4000 THB. Not the cheapest , or the quickest - took well over a week to make but that price included a couple of fittings. If You do use them and you don't speak Thai yourself, take somebody who does. There is no hard sell from either which is why i like them .