Global House In Korat?

klikster

Couple of questions:

1 - Does Korat have a Global House? If so, where is it located?

2 - How to prices at Do Home compare to Global?

I was watching with interest to see if anybody answered this. As far as I know, though, GH only has stores in Khon Kaen, Roi Et and Kalasin. Home Pro in Korat is quite good, but probably a little more expensive.

Couple of questions:

I was watching with interest to see if anybody answered this. As far as I know, though, GH only has stores in Khon Kaen, Roi Et and Kalasin. Home Pro in Korat is quite good, but probably a little more expensive.

GH is in Chiang Mai..

Couple of questions:

Hi citizen33,

Been to the KK store. Nice selection, but it's a long drive from the recent homestead.

I bought a few items at "Do Home" south of Korat Town. The place is huge. I just wonder at their prices for major items. Seemed to be lots of contractors around.

Seeing Gotlost's post made me realise that I didn't know the answer. So I pressed the search key:

Siam Global House Public Company Limited

No store in Korat I'm afraid, but a few others I didn't know about. The one in Kalasin in new, on the road to Yang Talat. It isn't listed on the website yet - but I drove past it last month.

Edited by citizen33

• 1 year later...

I'm now a regular at Do Home these days .. lots of odd jobs. :)

Home Pro seems a little dearer, but found some electrical items that I couldn't get at Do Home.

All that being said, I don't trust the staff at Do Home after I caught them in a blatant lie .. an electric water heater (I wanted the German model and they were pushing an off-brand) ..

"This (Off Brand) made in USA."

I took the front shell off, "That sticker says 'Made in Thailand'."

"No make in USA!"

Pointing at the sticker, "Can you read?"

Supervisor intervenes, "Warranty from USA."

"Riiiight!"

That being said, one of the guys in the tool department tested about 5 bench grinders to find one where the spindles ran true. But then .. last time I wanted a power tool they claimed they were no longer allowed to test tools.

The Home Pro guys seem more interested in helping customers, the Do Home guys seem more interested in text messaging or joining groups leaning on stacks of boxed merchandise. ;)

• 11 months later...

There is a global house on the road to khan kan, the road just past the mall take a left in front of big c. you have to go past the store to the turn around and come back to it on the front road. I bought a lot of paint and supplies there from march 26th to when I came back home in april. They even have fireplaces that do put off heat, I don't why. It was 105 degrees on some days while I was there. The home pro is on the first highway to khan kan before you get into korat. Just so you I was coming in from kham thaleso.

Edited by hew849

• 1 month later...

There is a global house on the road to khan kan, the road just past the mall take a left in front of big c. you have to go past the store to the turn around and come back to it on the front road. I bought a lot of paint and supplies there from march 26th to when I came back home in april. They even have fireplaces that do put off heat, I don't why. It was 105 degrees on some days while I was there. The home pro is on the first highway to khan kan before you get into korat. Just so you I was coming in from kham thaleso.

Yep, there is now. smile.png

I first posted 2 years and about Bt 100k ago. That house upgraded and sold. Now in Khon Kaen.

• 3 weeks later...

Korat has of course now opened its Global House on the road toward KK, have purchased lots of building materials and same for Do Home. Home pro more expensive by far and Neo Home on the road toward BKK is lacking. The range is largest in Do Home - especially as they have increrased the floor space with the new mezzanine floor and escalator! Do home always take ages to go through the check out. I often have to visit more than one store as the products are often not available at the one site. I recently purchased insulation from Do Home as it was THB130 less per bail. Global house had MDF board for THB200 cheaper than Do Home - so a mix and match approach needed I think. GH did have a useful web site with online catalogue.