Non-im O With No Spouse, No Business

Hello folks,

this is my first post on Thaivisa! :)

I am currently located in Thailand on a double-entry tourist visa. I would like to stay here some more, so i figure i have the following two options, is that correct?

1. Apply for another tourist -- what are the chances of being granted one? How many tourists can i expect to obtain before being rejected?
  2. Apply for a non-immigrant O visa, preferably 1 year multiple entry. Would i have to go back to Europe for this, or could i apply somewhere in Asia/Australia?

I have no Thai girlfriend/wife (and not looking for one), i do not work in Thailand (and not looking for work) and i am <40 years old, so no retirement visa for me. No Thai bank account either, although I have enough money in my European account, should that make any difference. The stay is purely a vacation for me.

Any advice? Cheers!

Hull would issue a non immigrant 'o' to visit friends no friend details required.

Even to foreign EU citizens (non-UK)? That sounds good, but i'll try calling Perth first -- i heard rumours that they also issue non-immigrant O there without following the official restriction of purpose to "marriage/dependent/investment/medical/retirement".

Hull would issue a non immigrant 'o' to visit friends no friend details required.

Even to foreign EU citizens (non-UK)? That sounds good, but i'll try calling Perth first -- i heard rumours that they also issue non-immigrant O there without following the official restriction of purpose to "marriage/dependent/investment/medical/retirement".

You'll need an invitation letter and copy of an Thai ID-card in Perth.

That shouldn't be a problem, i know plenty of people in Thailand by now :)

I suppose the invitation letter doesn't have to state any intimate relationship, right.

That shouldn't be a problem, i know plenty of people in Thailand by now :)

I suppose the invitation letter doesn't have to state any intimate relationship, right.

Only if you want it to.

I am looking at going to perth at the end of the year, for this visa - I emailed them last month and they told me if I didnt not know a thai I could include details (ie copy of papport and visa) of my british mother in law who lives here, and is on a non o based on visiting friends and family