Outlook 2007

mallyrd

I am using Outlook 2007 on a Windows 7 platform.

I have two email accounts (both .coms) and I want to know how to set up Outlook to recognise my incoming gmail and incoming maxnet and direct such mail into the Inbox subfolders identified as Gmail and Maxnet. Thanks. :)

The easiest way is to go to Account Settings and at the bottom of the first page where your account are listed, you can change the delivery folder for each account. So just set up and Inbox folder for each account under personal folders and direct the incoming mails to it.

The option in Account Settings will create the folder as well.

The above sounds much like I have done for incoming. One thing I have never been able to do is when sending mail in Outlook from multiple accounts is to get the mail moved to an appropriate sent folder for each email account. They all seem to end up in the same sent folder and I separate them manually later.

Add the 2 accounts from account settings after that create 2 folders in outlook 1 for gmail and 1 for maxnet after that go to rules and alerts, start with blank incoming rule then go check mail arrives form specific account ie gmail send to this folder and select the gmail folder you created, do this for both accounts and then when you get new email it will automatically send them to the individual folders