What's The Law Regarding Disclosing Accidents?

In my home country, a sales contract has a box where the seller needs to tick whether the bike is accident free, or not.

Fibbing on the mileage might entitle a buyer to return a bike for a full refund. Likewise when known defects are not disclosed.

What's the law in Thailand? Are cheating sellers protected once a sale is made? Just wondering.

It would be nice if someone could post a good contract for the sale of a bike in Thai and English.

Cheers

Consumer protection is non existent.

Fraud, if it can be proved, is criminal.

Doesnt really matter what the contract or pre-purchase/pre-sales agreement says, when transfer and payment is completed you have accepted the bike as is. Taking a breach to court is 1-5 years.

If there are any real consumer protection laws out there they are not effectively enforced or advertised to the public. It seems to be up to each person or company selling its product/service as to what guarantee they will provide.

Getting a refund for anything, irrespective of the reason for taking something back, is almost impossible. Ask anyone who has been here a while if they have ever had a refund.

With regards to buying a bike, the best advice is to check it very carefully prior to handing over any cash.

In my home country, a sales contract has a box where the seller needs to tick whether the bike is accident free, or not.

Fibbing on the mileage might entitle a buyer to return a bike for a full refund. Likewise when known defects are not disclosed.

What's the law in Thailand? Are cheating sellers protected once a sale is made? Just wondering.

It would be nice if someone could post a good contract for the sale of a bike in Thai and English.

Cheers

Welcome to ThaiVisa- are you new to Thailand? I'd recommend you steer clear of used bikes in the Land of Smiles until you know a bit more about how things work here. CAVEAT EMPTOR. When in doubt walk away.

Getting a refund for anything, irrespective of the reason for taking something back, is almost impossible. Ask anyone who has been here a while if they have ever had a refund.

I have on several occasions...

I have on several occasions...

I got a refund on a Honda Dream once, turned out the person who owned was dead! but the seller still had her sign the transfer Doc, amazing Thailand :)