Marriage Visa Uk

I am 20 years old and my gf is 23. With have been together for 1.3 years. And now we are thinking about getting married. I know it is soon but we feel like we cant be apart any more and marriage is something we want so why wait. We are thinking about getting married at the end of this year. And then trying to get a marriage visa to the uk after that. What are the things I need to look out for? I will move to london as there is more jobs for her up there than where I live and also a lot of people that she could talk to. I will try and use our age to our advantage and that we have a future together. She previously was at university but had to drop out as of lack of funds. She was doing a tourism degree. Do you think she has a chance of getting the visa? How much money would I need in the bank? thanks

I do not know if this is a troll post but , You will never get a visa the way you are , you have to have a job reference's 6 months bank statements, have some where to live , ext ext . I think you should do some home work before you get married , just because you get married irt does not mean that you will automatically get a settlement visa.

Have a good look at this website, which should answer most of your questions:

Husband, wife, fiance visa

I'm going to resist commenting on whether you are wise to be considering marriage.

Good luck!

PS - just noticed that one of the stipulations is that the UK citizen must be at least 21 years of age.

Edited by chickenslegs

Doyley, be absolutely sure that marriage and spending the rest of your lives together is what you both want before taking this step.

Both parties must be over the age of 21 for a settlement visa based on marriage or a relationship to be considered. So you will need to wait until you are 21 before she can apply. I suggest that you use that time to sort out a job, somewhere to live etc.

As well as the link above, you may find the following helpful:

Settlement, Spouse

Maintenance and accommodation