Hobby Shops In Bangkok ?

shal

Hello.

I am visiting Thailand (Bangkok) from Australia in 4 weeks.

I'm interested in visiting Hobby shops that sell Radio Control Cars, Boats & Planes.

Does anyone know where Hobby shops might be located in Bangkok ?

What are the prices like ?

Thanks!

shal..

I couldnt tell you what the prices are like, but there is a smallish shop on Royal City Avenue (RCA), which has a lot of radio control cars. Its on Block C, the same block as the S&P restaurant, at the other end of RCA from Tops.

First time in bangkok i got lost looking for jim thompsons place, afetr walking from mbk past national (i think) sky train and came across a hobby shop. There was quite alot of good stuff in there - planes, cars, tanks and some helicopters - well known brands tamiya, ripmax etc. Even though there was 3/4 thais in there no one talked to me - find that hard to beleive as farang comes into shop that looks like it could do with some business !

Sorry i cant be more specific over location - it was in Oct 2002. Maybe someone else can be more accurate. But this is the best hobby shop i have seen in bkk.

FUTABA HOBBY SUPPLY

703/12 PETCHBURI ROAD

OPPOSITE PANTHIP PLAZA (Just near Soi 15)

PAYATHAI

BANGKOK

02 255 2161

02 255 2162 (fax)

Hope this helps, this info is straight off the card I grabbed when I went past this evening

There is a nice local store in the Bangkapi area - on Nwamin road called "Hi-tech kit"..i get most of my heli spares from those guys.

Also i know of a flying field where a load of guys go - even if you can't fly it's great to go have a look (one old thai guy and his little stunt plane 'prop-hanging' around the field...brilliant)

I'll get the adress in a bit from the missus...