Uk Appeal Documents Must Be Translated..!

I have just phoned the First Tier Tribunal Immigration and Asylum in Loughborough UK and questioned them about whether supporting documents need to be translated from Thai to English and the chap on the phone said they must be translated, even if you are sending to the Embassy where the Refusal was issued..! Because he said 90% of appeals are refused at the post of issue and the documents need to be in English for the hearing.

I have just phoned the First Tier Tribunal Immigration and Asylum in Loughborough UK and questioned them about whether supporting documents need to be translated from Thai to English and the chap on the phone said they must be translated, even if you are sending to the Embassy where the Refusal was issued..! Because he said 90% of appeals are refused at the post of issue and the documents need to be in English for the hearing.

Which bring me to my next question, does anybody body know of any reputable certified translators in BKK who can translate any document for a sensible price, price per document..? because if it is as expensive to translate as my marriage certicate was in the UK it may be more sensible to re-submit an application rather than translate 20 documents at £50 a go...

Which bring me to my next question, does anybody body know of any reputable certified translators in BKK who can translate any document for a sensible price, price per document..? because if it is as expensive to translate as my marriage certicate was in the UK it may be more sensible to re-submit an application rather than translate 20 documents at £50 a go...

Not sure about BKK but in Chiang Mai it's about THB 200 to THB 300 per page. My wife is actually going today or tomorrow to get some of her documents translated. Probbaly not much use to you but does give you an indication of price. I know in the Chiang Mai consulate they have leaflets from translators so perhaps they have the same in BKK?

If you do need those contact details for Chiang Mai, let me know and I'll try to find out.

lots of translators near the MFA building in Bangkok. I would re-submit the application and cover all the points raised in the refusal, appeals take a long time, six months or so, are rarely overturned and are heard in the UK. My wife's settlement visa was refused, we waited a few months, covered all the points, re-submitted and it was granted.

lots of translators near the MFA building in Bangkok. I would re-submit the application and cover all the points raised in the refusal, appeals take a long time, six months or so, are rarely overturned and are heard in the UK. My wife's settlement visa was refused, we waited a few months, covered all the points, re-submitted and it was granted.

Thanks for your reply, I have had a couple of days to think through the options and I am leaning more towards a re-submission, My wife was turned down for her settlement visa 3yrs ago, so we resubmitted including all new evidence and it was granted too, I just hope we can do the same for her son now.