Tragic Death

AndersSN

Spicey  

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Coincidentally, the night before this lady was killed (?). A farang got into it with me and the prick DJ smashed a glass over my head (long story short). It sliced through the thick plastic of my cap and caused a little 5 stitch gash. But you should see the cut on the cap. If not for it I'd have a nice 3 or 4 inch gash to the bone across my forehead, face, and possibly left eye.

The DJ actually smashed a glass over your head, causing a wound that required 5 stitches? Are we supposed to believe this rumour without actually seeing the hospital bill?dry.gif

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

damian; it seems that the incident(stabbing) may have taken place, by several accounts, granted no eye witness as yet.To call for photo proof and until its produced you will consider the messenger full of crap may be somewhat to the extreme. I did not see you producing a photo of your slashed cap or another referenced eye witness of your version of your encounter, nor did anyone ask for it, as yet

Coincidentally, the night before this lady was killed (?). A farang got into it with me and the prick DJ smashed a glass over my head (long story short). It sliced through the thick plastic of my cap and caused a little 5 stitch gash. But you should see the cut on the cap. If not for it I'd have a nice 3 or 4 inch gash to the bone across my forehead, face, and possibly left eye.

The DJ actually smashed a glass over your head, causing a wound that required 5 stitches? Are we supposed to believe this rumour without actually seeing the hospital bill?dry.gif

LOL and thanks guys.

My bile was just about to rise and angry posts about to written, but you took care of it for me. :)

I have my account from 3 eyewitnessess, I have copies of the police report because it was taken down in my place of business. I have a police photo of the subject, and know where her 3 friends used to work here in CM.

For the sake of allinvolvedd and their privacy I will not publish any of this material. I might beconvincedd to post the picture of the suspect if a mod said it wasOKk.

damian; it seems that the incident(stabbing) may have taken place, by several accounts, granted no eye witness as yet.To call for photo proof and until its produced you will consider the messenger full of crap may be somewhat to the extreme. I did not see you producing a photo of your slashed cap or another referenced eye witness of your version of your encounter, nor did anyone ask for it, as yet

I don't mean to say this guy is full of crap. Whoever he is... I'm just would like to see the newspaper article. That's all. If I posted something like this, let's see some proof. That's all. Regarding the cap, I didn't start a thread about it. Just commenting on personal experience. Some farang started a fight with me and when he got hit once he called the police. I didn't understand at all, but perhaps he was just buzzed up. Don't know. If anyone has the article, let's see it...That's all.

I actually tend to believe the story, but it's a lot to take in is all.

LOL and thanks guys.

My bile was just about to rise and angry posts about to written, but you took care of it for me. :)

I have my account from 3 eyewitnessess, I have copies of the police report because it was taken down in my place of business. I have a police photo of the subject, and know where her 3 friends used to work here in CM.

For the sake of allinvolvedd and their privacy I will not publish any of this material. I might beconvincedd to post the picture of the suspect if a mod said it wasOKk.

I do apologize if I offended. Truly sorry. I have been going to spicy on and off for 4 years and lived up the street for about the same amount of time. I think this is the first death I've heard of there. If anyone has a copy of the article, please post or PM.

Used to go there from time to time in the past. But haven't been there for a long time.

My GF went there when some friends wanted to go there, she was in and out in less then 3 minutes, dirty and bad smell she said. They went off to The Fabric, which she enjoyed a lot more. Kinda like RCA in BKK.

I personally have never been there, so will check it out soon.

Anyway very sad story, I've personally never seen any fights myself but have moved to the other side of the place a few times just to avoid ppl that annoyed me so much I felt like punching them soon.

Have heard some bad stories tho, I think most ppl know what's going on in there, it's not only the 'normal' meatmarket.

RIP, what ever happened. This ain't the right way to go.

Edited by martijn12345

10529919.jpg

63776412.jpg

It could of been a very bad night without this cap... The small gash came from where the glass came through on the other side. Just a tiny rip in comparison to the front.

did I miss something? where did this happen? and why?

It could of been a very bad night without this cap... The small gash came from where the glass came through on the other side. Just a tiny rip in comparison to the front.

see post #52

see post #52

yea read that - but it doesn't say why/where etc. I ask only to be aware if I go to that place etc. were the Police called? what happened? when/where/time? bit more info might be helpful?

Just a reminder that flaming is against forum rules. Considering the topic it is also inconsiderate. For those calling for more proof, please do so respectfully.

see post #52

yea read that - but it doesn't say why/where etc. I ask only to be aware if I go to that place etc. were the Police called? what happened? when/where/time? bit more info might be helpful?

Most anything going down dangerous wise at Spicy is between 3-5am. This particular situation, have no idea, a farang that had at least 50 pounds on me and was 4-5 inches taller walked by me, turned around and said he had been (paraphrasing) "looking for a fight for a long time..".

I tried to talk the guy down, but he grappled and then pushed me. I hit him once. And he sat down...Then the dude goes outside and calls the police. I couldn't believe it. This guy starts with me, I hit him once and he called the police. Anyway...Things got hectic and I was surrounded by 2 security, the DJ and some other wuss. The DJ smashed the glass over my head.

Long story short these guys are just waiting for an excuse to surround and jump a farang. My advice is don't give them one. This could of been a dramatic face changing event without the cap. The next night was when the girl was apparently killed.

Edited by damian5000

Most anything going down dangerous wise at Spicy is between 3-5am. This particular situation, have no idea, a farang that had at least 50 pounds on me and was 4-5 inches taller walked by me, turned around and said he had been (paraphrasing) "looking for a fight for a long time..".

I tried to talk the guy down, but he grappled and then pushed me. I hit him once. And he sat down...Then the dude goes outside and calls the police. I couldn't believe it. This guy starts with me, I hit him once and he called the police. Anyway...Things got hectic and I was surrounded by 2 security, the DJ and some other wuss. The DJ smashed the glass over my head.

Long story short these guys are just waiting for an excuse to surround and jump a farang. My advice is don't give them one. This could of been a dramatic face changing event without the cap. The next night was when the girl was apparently killed.

apologies had not connect that it was alkso Spicy - lucky escape!

Just a reminder that flaming is against forum rules. Considering the topic it is also inconsiderate. For those calling for more proof, please do so respectfully.

I basically am convinced that the events were true although we are minus the small details. It is past the point for anyone to call anyone's character or lack of judgement into question. There is no excuse for someone to break a glass over someone's head and someone carrying a knife into a crowded room full of drunks is looking for trouble. Good judgement and alcohol do not generally go hand in hand.

I for one will not be going to Spicy or The Lucky Bar. If I want to get beat up while inebriated, I will take my chances at Foxy Lady and some of the bars around the boxing rink.

With the dearth of customers at the bars around the boxing ring every time I've been there the only people likely to beat you up are the bar girls....

Do they really have trouble at Foxy Lady as well or were you just being funny and your post went over my head?

Re. the OP, nasty story. I've only ever been there 2 or 3 times (and yes I was totally trashed). The last time I darnk my beer quickly and left. Doubt if I will be visiting again.

With the dearth of customers at the bars around the boxing ring every time I've been there the only people likely to beat you up are the bar girls....

Do they really have trouble at Foxy Lady as well or were you just being funny and your post went over my head?

Re. the OP, nasty story. I've only ever been there 2 or 3 times (and yes I was totally trashed). The last time I darnk my beer quickly and left. Doubt if I will be visiting again.

Trying to make lite of a very sad situation.

The newspaper carrying the story is this paper Chiang Mai News. Unfortunately I can't get Mondays copy and they have only updated their web version till 4/6/2010 so it will be another 3 days till this store gets on their web page (I guess)

Sounds good. Update us if you find it.

I actually don't think Spicy is too dangerous if you're the type of person who can act instead of react. If trouble comes your way, walk to the other side of the place or out altogether...I usually walk right into it. Haha.

There is no excuse for someone to break a glass over someone's head and someone carrying a knife into a crowded room full of drunks is looking for trouble.

I hate to say this but I would expect about 60 percent (or more) of the Thai girls in Spicey to be carrying a knife.

It's what working girls in CM do, especially early in the morning if likely to be walking home after 'business'.

They get targeted by Thai guys (after short time) as they are likely to have 1000bht cash with them and can't report a robbery to the police.

Edited by sarahsbloke

Really sorry to hear about this, and my condolances to the lady's family, friends and loved ones.

Spicy can be a bit dicey (pun intended).

It is not just an "overflow" bar for all the BG's who are looking for a last chance date, as IanForbes noted.

It is also very popular with the backpackers and young farang residents here, who like a late night venue, playing house or misc. disco.

I've met some amazing people there from every country in the world. For an old guy, I like to dance once in a while; it's an OK dance floor. Only seen a few fights, mostly farang male to farang male, bottle on head, etc.

Security is usually strict and prompt.

But no place can absolutely guarantee everyone's safety 100%.

RIP, dear lady.

I have lived in Chiangmai for 5 yrs and have never heard of this place but then again I don't go chasing bar girls. I presume this place is one of these type of bars that attracts a certain type clientel.

if the venues were aquariums, Spicy would contain bottom feeders wink.gif

LOL and thanks guys.

My bile was just about to rise and angry posts about to written, but you took care of it for me. :D

I think he asked for a Photo of the newspaper article at least, no? I still don't believe this story, no facts all <deleted>! " My friend has a friend and her cousins window cleaner said that blah blah blah"....Come on! Stabbed 9 times and thrown into the moat hmmm and what's the relevance of putting a poll up on Spicy? ...Someone has an axe to grind,me thinks :)

I have lived in Chiangmai for 5 yrs and have never heard of this place

:)

I would buy that if you'd been here five minutes, or perhaps you've spent the last half decade astral projecting. :D

This is another sad story and my condolences to the family and friends of the victim. I think damian500 has a fair point to ask why has there been nothing printed in the media? Not to say this story is false but since Ive been in Chiangmai Ive been told alot of stories, that have turned out to be false. A couple of weeks ago, I was told by our Thai neighbour that a bomb went off in Chiangmai Sunday market last week killing over 10 people. Our neighbour owns a restaurant in the Sunday market area and has got this info from a friend of hers, and it's been passed on as truth without anyone actually seeing it. I checked every newspaper, watched the news and nothing on a mass killing in Chiangmai. Although many people tell lies for the benifit of a good story, I doubt this to be the case here, I think information just gets jumbled, and wires get crossed along the way. I don't have the time to investigate every thing I hear, so I have to evaluate with the facts I recieve and trust I make the right judgment. R.I.P unknown woman, may justice be served on the nut job that ended your life.

I would buy that if you'd been here five minutes, or perhaps you've spent the last half decade astral projecting. :D

I a confused, jackr. What are you suggesting?

MSPain

I am a married man and don't have the need to frequent these establishments and I do my drinking at home or at a restuarant. I guess that is why I have never heard of it. I couldn't even tell you where to find a bargirl.

I am a married man and don't have the need to frequent these establishments and I do my drinking at home or at a restuarant. I guess that is why I have never heard of it. I couldn't even tell you where to find a bargirl.

I am a married man as well......so can I play this fantasy game as well

What is a bargirl?

:D