Internet Banking

Plenty of comments on this forum related to internet banking and international funds transfers if you search a little. Short answer is that safety has never been one of the issues. As with internet banking world wide - the user needs to exercise caution - unique and complex password, keep anti-virus software up to date, don't use internet cafes and places where key stroke loggers etc may be in place.

You have raised two issues, not just one

Almost all Thai Banks offer Internet Banking, yet only one allows you to do International Funds Transfer via Internet Banking and that is Bangkok Bank via their branch in New York. Go to their web site and see how it works

All other banks require International Wire transfers from your overseas bank, which, once credited to your Thai bank account, can be accessed via Internet Banking

All other banks require International Wire transfers from your overseas bank, which, once credited to your Thai bank account, can be accessed via Internet Banking

does that mean once you have made a wire transfer to your thai bank, you can then use your thai bank to transfer funds back overseas to that same (overseas) account?

Second HSBC. Although you might want to just consider the local Thai HSBC account your account to top off and an 'other country' (I like Singapore) with lax currency controls as a main base for your funds.

:)

I contacted HSBC and received the following in reply, which means I'd be able to transfer money home, but not to my RBC account, which is where I need to have my student loans taken from. Will Bangkok Bank allow wire transfers directly to a Canadian Bank?

For incoming remittance received by an HSBC Bank Canada customer, there is

an $10.00 CAD (or foreign currency equivalent) service charge that will be

deducted from the funds before being deposited into the customer's account.

Please note that intermediary banks may also apply their own fees, which

will be deducted from the amount being transferred.

Please also note the Interac® E-mail Money Transfer service is not

currently available at HSBC Bank Canada. This feature in on our roadmap,

alongside many other features; however, we have no firm date as yet.

Please also note the Interac® E-mail Money Transfer service is not

currently available at HSBC Bank Canada. This feature in on our roadmap,

alongside many other features; however, we have no firm date as yet.

thanks for those replies.

i have a tmb account, and i'm yet to sign up for internet banking. will sign up in a few days time, and see what they say about international transfers at the same time.

anyone have experience with tmb?

I have played with all ways of getting funds to Thailand and now my favourite is HSBC UK bank transfer direct to my Kasikorn savings account which I can do online during UK working hours, costs 17 pounds. Then I do all my bills and phone top up etc with my Kasikorn internet banking which works surprisingly well.

You have raised two issues, not just one

Almost all Thai Banks offer Internet Banking, yet only one allows you to do International Funds Transfer via Internet Banking and that is Bangkok Bank via their branch in New York. Go to their web site and see how it works

Bangkok Bank also seem to do this via their UK branch in London simply check the pinned thread